This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beaming nukes

well I know theay tryed this during the fight and ringing a bomb didnt work, now when the ori ship is on the planet its shields are down and theya beamed dainel and vala up, now why dont theay just beam a few nukes down it should be pretty effective especialy since are enhanced nukes are better then crappy gould bombs

that would be a good idea if they had any nukes or fancy jaffa bombs left. if they did, they obviously didnt try it
    SAVE SG-1
    www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
    Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

And apart from the fact its sitting pretty much in the middle of the city. Any nuke detonation would cause countless innocent deaths.

Comment

those that aren't already wiped out, yes
        SAVE SG-1
        www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
        Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

You're assuming the shield is down.

It's been established that shields don't need to be lowered to fire weapons through them, nor to allow the rings or Asgard beam to work. You have to know the frequency the shields are operating at and adjust them accordingly.

It would be mightily stupid of the Ori to lower the shields once on the planet. Seeing as how they're all about over-kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
            You're assuming the shield is down.

It's been established that shields don't need to be lowered to fire weapons through them, nor to allow the rings or Asgard beam to work. You have to know the frequency the shields are operating at and adjust them accordingly.

It would be mightily stupid of the Ori to lower the shields once on the planet. Seeing as how they're all about over-kill.

Eh he is not assuming it was mentioned in the last episode once they ringed vala and daniel aboard. The captain of the ship or someone stated that they were very lucky that the ship on the planet shields were lowered, I imagine they were lowered so they could get there troups on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus88
              Eh he is not assuming it was mentioned in the last episode once they ringed vala and daniel aboard. The captain of the ship or someone stated that they were very lucky that the ship on the planet shields were lowered, I imagine they were lowered so they could get there troups on the ground.
              Yes they said that they were lucky they didnt have the shields up or they wouldnt have been able to beam them off. Im guessing when the shields are fluctuating or whatever after the main weapon of the ori ships fires that they can ring aboard bc the matter stream will pass through it but the beam still wont work.

Comment

that seems the only weakness they have, (scary that its because they are too powerful they make a weakness) but if what i saw is tright after the toilet took out the hatak over chulak and past the deris field it seems it lowered its shields on reentry. and it also seems the suicide hatak may have gotten through. but thats all my perspective.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by CYBEREAGLE19
                  well I know theay tryed this during the fight and ringing a bomb didnt work, now when the ori ship is on the planet its shields are down and theya beamed dainel and vala up, now why dont theay just beam a few nukes down it should be pretty effective especialy since are enhanced nukes are better then crappy gould bombs
                  It would work, although, I wouldn't reccomend beaming it inside the ship b/c the priors could probably disable it pretty quickly. However, I do believe beaming it inside the shields but not inside the ship would work.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

I'm sure the producers thought of that, however I think they don't want to give the Ori a weakness this early in the season. They'll pull the " there's no way to destroy them " gig until someone finds a weakness in their ships and technology. And SG-1 was probably more worried about getting back Daniel than destroying an Ori ship.

Comment

Working...
                    X