Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about the Ori that need to be answered...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about the Ori that need to be answered...

Would someone please, please, please tell me the age of the Ori?
    I'm not sure if I can deal with an entire season of ppl always asking:
    "How old are the Ori?"

Originally posted by ForcedToRegister
    "How old are the Ori?"
    The best I can tell you is they are the same age as the Ancients. And that can go on for ever. So more then couple of million years old. That is how long ago Atlantis took off for the PG.

Begginging of Stargate Atlantis season 101.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

The Antarctic Gate was carbon-dated to be roughly 50 million years old.

So that, plus however long the Ancients had waited to build that particular Gate, plus however long it took them to find our galaxy, plus however long they were in their home galaxy back when Ancient and Ori were one society.

Comment

"How old are the Ori?"
        the ancients are ori were once of the same people, when the plague hit them they both ascended, some by science and the rest believe it was religion
        SAVE SG-1
        www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
        Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Um...I think McKay said it best: "trust me, that was hilarious"
          "How old are the Ori?" = "Hallowed are the Ori" ...see? Totally hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Prior.of.The.Ori
            the ancients are ori were once of the same people, when the plague hit them they both ascended, some by science and the rest believe it was religion
            Nope, there is no proof that the Ori had the plague. So far the Ori or Wraith gave them the plague. What I do know is hat the Ori didn't have it.
            It goes from back to the first.

Ancients/Ascending (thatis thinking that the Ancinets got intocontact after coming through the gate again0

Lantians
            Ancients (when they realy did leave there space)
            Alterans

The Ori

Ori (after they ascended)
            Alterans

The Alterans where once one huge race. One side believing in science and Tech. (being the Ancients) and the other side believing in Religion. Then they seperated and the Ancients left for our Galaxy then on to the PG then back to ours aagain where they all died of or ascended. My guess is some had to ascend in the PGto have the place to go hide and ascend and the Ascended Ancient how is punished to her homeworld.

Other then that Bagi hit it on the head.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
              Nope, there is no proof that the Ori had the plague. So far the Ori or Wraith gave them the plague. What I do know is hat the Ori didn't have it.
              It goes from back to the first.

Ancients/Ascending (thatis thinking that the Ancinets got intocontact after coming through the gate again0

Lantians
              Ancients (when they realy did leave there space)
              Alterans

The Ori

Ori (after they ascended)
              Alterans

The Alterans where once one huge race. One side believing in science and Tech. (being the Ancients) and the other side believing in Religion. Then they seperated and the Ancients left for our Galaxy then on to the PG then back to ours aagain where they all died of or ascended. My guess is some had to ascend in the PGto have the place to go hide and ascend and the Ascended Ancient how is punished to her homeworld.

Other then that Bagi hit it on the head.
              The Wraith couldn't have given them the plague. Ayiana had the plague in her system, and she was frozen ca. 50mya.

Atlantis didn't leave for Pegasus until "several million years ago." They could really be stretching the term "several," but I bet it was more on the order of 5-10mya.

And I've read that TPTB have stated, officially, that the Ori were not the source of the plague. I don't know why people keep insisting on the notion that the plague was created as a weapon against the Ancients. It could have just been a really nasty bug (I'd say a prion, just because they're particularly nasty) they stumbled upon which they had absolutely no ability to fight off.

And it's Bragi. With one "R."

Comment

I don't think the show has ever actually said how old either the Ancients, or the Ori are. It's hard to peice together how old they are with the limited timeline (which sometimes doesn't make much sense to me)

Basically, they're really really old. I would guess they pre date the formation of this alliance thing the Ancients had going on.
                An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

AHHH!!!@!$#!@#!!!
                  Why are you ppl answering this?! It's freaking totally hilarious pun =(
                  Maybe McKay would like my joke =(

Comment

Haha you gottem good.

Comment

AHHH!!!@!$#!@#!!!
                      Why are you ppl answering this?! It's freaking totally hilarious pun =(
                      Maybe McKay would like my joke =(
                      Oh dangit, I didn't even see that
                      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Um...I think McKay said it best: "trust me, that was hilarious"
                        "How old are the Ori?" = "Hallowed are the Ori" ...see? Totally hilarious.
                        ahahahaah

i think the ori and ancients have been around for at least several million years. Like that one guy who posted said, the antarctica gate was 50 million, and they probably spent a lot of time evolving to that level, so yeah. Maybe 55-60 million years?
                        : Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them.
                        : I shall attempt to translate one, O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's…nose drips.

Comment

Working...
                        X