Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The prometheus returns! (flesh and blood spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The prometheus returns! (flesh and blood spoilers)

actually after taking closeup pictures of both earth ships of the last two episodes.. i saw an interesting thing happen on oddisey ship displays... in scene where they pick up carter a computer display is shown where it shows carter's location and top-down blueprint of the ship... but the shape of the ship is NOT the oddisey, it is the prometheus!!

and here is the proof:

look at the shape:

and the korolev / oddisey:

also please, if any of you has any GOOD pictures of the earth deep space carriers (atlantis or sg1) from side i would appreciate them, i need them to build a 3D model.

i think its just a picture of the lower leverls on the odysee
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

dude.. look again, the engine size, the prometheus rear bridge design, and the launch bay locations.. it is NOT oddisey, it is the prometheus!

Comment

Originally posted by JernejL
        dude.. look again, the engine size, the prometheus rear bridge design, and the launch bay locations.. it is NOT oddisey, it is the prometheus!
        Yep, the Daedalus-class ships have a much wider "rear-end" than the Prometheus. The hangar bays of the Odyssey and Daedalus also streches out to the very back of the ship, because they are also equipped with smaller engines.
        http://www.bentsynapse.net/images/zidane_dethstar.gif
        If only we have Zidane on Stargate.....
        **Mentally replace that deathstar with an Ori ship**

Comment

I thought that was what I saw, but it didn't seem to make sense. I knew for a fact that the Oddy, Korry, and the Deady were of the same design, but that shape didn't look like any of those.

Now I don't feel alone.

Mattathias

Comment

It's not the Prommies diagram. If you look at the Daedalus schematic from Moebius:

You'll see it's virtually the same as the one you posted of the Odyssey. The 2nd that you put up is from the Asgard computer. Which is much more accurate & thorough than that of the human comps, which only display a basic likeness.
            Last edited by Wraith_Hunter; 17 July 2006, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JernejL
              actually after taking closeup pictures of both earth ships of the last two episodes.. i saw an interesting thing happen on oddisey ship displays... in scene where they pick up carter a computer display is shown where it shows carter's location and top-down blueprint of the ship... but the shape of the ship is NOT the oddisey, it is the prometheus!!

and here is the proof:

look at the shape:

and the korolev / oddisey:

also please, if any of you has any GOOD pictures of the earth deep space carriers (atlantis or sg1) from side i would appreciate them, i need them to build a 3D model.
              They're not exactly like the Prommie. The first one is almost like it but the rear doesnt extend out that far and isnt in that shape. The second one looks like a BC-303/BC-304 hybrid
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Probably just an error on the part of the sFx guys. Though I found it odd that during the intro with the credits, there were screenshots of the Prometheus, not the Daedalus class....

Comment

very interesting
                  SAVE SG-1
                  www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                  Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

JM did state that "Earth's growing armada" would be a part of this years SG-1. I suppose it's possible we will have more...

Mattathias

Comment

dont tell me it is not, it IS the prometheus, you can clearly see that from the shape of the engines, the rear decks and the placement of the f-303 bays, it is no way that could be a deadalus class starship.

edit: on a second thought it does look like the picture from moebius, but even that ship is not like the deadalus, korolev or oddisey it is like half prometheus and half deadalus...

Comment

Best way would to compare a pic of the Deady, Oddy, and Prometheus via ship computers.

Either way, that viewscreen of the Oddy looks unusual regardless. Prommie shape with a huge rear (larger than the Prommie).

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                          JM did state that "Earth's growing armada" would be a part of this years SG-1. I suppose it's possible we will have more...

Mattathias
                          They're not going to build a less advanced ship though. Besides the prometheus was dead ugly.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Who's to say its NOT less advanced? I'm sure it could be developed so that a Prommie class can have almost everything a Deady has, almost.

In any case, isn't having a ship (period) kind of important at this point, or am I mistaken? All we have right now is the Deady and Oddy (which the Deady has not been on SG-1), and even with just those - we need more ships!

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                              Who's to say its NOT less advanced? I'm sure it could be developed so that a Prommie class can have almost everything a Deady has, almost.

In any case, isn't having a ship (period) kind of important at this point, or am I mistaken? All we have right now is the Deady and Oddy (which the Deady has not been on SG-1), and even with just those - we need more ships!

Mattathias
                              The Daedy can carry more fighters and the prommy design only had one railgun.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X