X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the Satellite from Tegalus

Spoiler:

In Ethon ep 915 the Rand Protectorate and Caledonia pretty much wiped each other out after everyone got back to earth. Since there wouldn't be much of anything left of them. Why not go grab the Ori satellite thats in orbit.

As you saw in the episode it cut right through the asgard shields on the Prometheus. To bad the writters dropped the ball on this one. Attaching that bad boy to the Odessey would give the Odessey a fighting chance if they are able to figure out what powers it.

Just a thought.

Erm, if the Ori built it, it probably won't be all that effective against them.

Not only that, it isn't even their best work.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Kamin
      Spoiler:

In Ethon ep 915 the Rand Protectorate and Caledonia pretty much wiped each other out after everyone got back to earth. Since there wouldn't be much of anything left of them. Why not go grab the Ori satellite thats in orbit.

As you saw in the episode it cut right through the asgard shields on the Prometheus. To bad the writters dropped the ball on this one. Attaching that bad boy to the Odessey would give the Odessey a fighting chance if they are able to figure out what powers it.

Just a thought.
      well..... if i remember right the stargate wouldnt get a lock to open a worm hole. we would have to fly all the way out thereand get it for starters.
      SAVE SG-1
      www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
      Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

I think we should. But first we must destroy it. POP out of hyperspace and just start firing and the outpost on the ground and the satalite. Then beam own two team for the blue prints. And when they want to know what we are doing. Smack that guy up side his head. (for blowing up the Promi. and asking a stupid question like taht knowing they blew up Pomi.) If not anything we can set up a couple of the Satalites in the PG.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
          I think we should. But first we must destroy it. POP out of hyperspace and just start firing and the outpost on the ground and the satalite. Then beam own two team for the blue prints. And when they want to know what we are doing. Smack that guy up side his head. (for blowing up the Promi. and asking a stupid question like taht knowing they blew up Pomi.) If not anything we can set up a couple of the Satalites in the PG.
          I hope they can talk to ghosts, perhaps they should hire Whoopi Goldberg or Hayley Joel Osmond.

Spoiler:
          They both wiped each other out in the battle that occured when SG-1 left the planet.

Comment

if they could they would've, logic dictates that
            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I think the Ori/Priors would be able to deactivate the satellite, rendering it useless to us. Just my opinion though.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I think the Ori/Priors would be able to deactivate the satellite, rendering it useless to us. Just my opinion though.
                Or the Ori might have a self destruct on the device just in case someone else got there hands on it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shadow hawk
                  Or the Ori might have a self destruct on the device just in case someone else got there hands on it.
                  Could be. The point is, they aren't dummies. They'd have some way to insure that their own technology wasn't used against them.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

My guess is they've already bagged and tagged it for further study, but without the console that operates it or the completed blueprints they can't make it work. Even if they could make it work or make a viable weapon out of it the Orici or the Priors could probably neutralize it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                      Erm, if the Ori built it, it probably won't be all that effective against them.

Not only that, it isn't even their best work.
                      That was only becuas they had to use materials on hand on THAT planet, work done by Earth or Asgard etc, would be using a lot more technologically advanced materials and therefore be better...

SGC has near complete blue prints already, minus shields etc... Should be able to rig something up... And in regards to geting there, wooppie do, it's in OUR galaxy, short hop skip and a jump for Daedelus, Orion, whatever big mutha is left after the Ori whupping.

Good idea, never thought of it again myself, lol, too flabbergasted that Prometheous got smashed...
                      Vows are spoken
                      To be broken
                      Feelings are intense
                      Words are trivial
                      Pleasures remain
                      So does the pain
                      Words are meaningless
                      And forgettable

All I ever wanted
                      All I ever needed
                      Is here in my arms
                      Words are very unnecessary
                      They can only do harm

Comment

Originally posted by Morgasshk
                        That was only becuas they had to use materials on hand on THAT planet, work done by Earth or Asgard etc, would be using a lot more technologically advanced materials and therefore be better...

SGC has near complete blue prints already, minus shields etc... Should be able to rig something up... And in regards to geting there, wooppie do, it's in OUR galaxy, short hop skip and a jump for Daedelus, Orion, whatever big mutha is left after the Ori whupping.

Good idea, never thought of it again myself, lol, too flabbergasted that Prometheous got smashed...
                        Well, the Asgard won't help us make any powerful weapons beyond what we are capable of.

We wern't that much more advanced than them (40 or so years? Which relativly speaking is almost nothing)

We only had one set of blueprints out of 3 or 4. You try building something way more advanced than you are capable of, with only 1 third of the instructions

Like other people have said, if the powers that be want to use it for a future plot, fine... if it was a good episode, and wasn't some sort of get-out-of-destruction free card, then go for it
                        An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Well, the Asgard won't help us make any powerful weapons beyond what we are capable of.

We wern't that much more advanced than them (40 or so years? Which relativly speaking is almost nothing)

We only had one set of blueprints out of 3 or 4. You try building something way more advanced than you are capable of, with only 1 third of the instructions

Like other people have said, if the powers that be want to use it for a future plot, fine... if it was a good episode, and wasn't some sort of get-out-of-destruction free card, then go for it
                          Aaaah, but they didn't have a Carter ready to MacGuyver it together from on a partial blueprint did they?

Operative word being "beyond what we are capable of" I think in this respect and at this time we can bully the Asgard into a lot more than people are currently taking credit for, they are busy re-building their entire civilisation, Sharing what they still have knowledge wise is going to be in their best benefits, considering how many times our "primitive" methods have saved the "little grey backsides (to quote O'Neill)" maybe we are sharing too much with them? Our methods may be more outside the box and removed from what they are used to, but who is to say that we aren't using our own special breed of Ingenuity and technology, would warrant some sharing of capabilities in retrospect... no?
                          Vows are spoken
                          To be broken
                          Feelings are intense
                          Words are trivial
                          Pleasures remain
                          So does the pain
                          Words are meaningless
                          And forgettable

All I ever wanted
                          All I ever needed
                          Is here in my arms
                          Words are very unnecessary
                          They can only do harm

Comment

my thoughts exactly
                            SAVE SG-1
                            www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                            Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

didnt the people say the prior activated with his staff and if earth did salvaged it the prior shut it down.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X