This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the Kick-in?

In Flesh and Blood, I noticed that, while we were recovering in the mass grave near the SuperGate, the SuperGate itself was closed. So I wondered, if the dial-out overrides that Carter installed into the SuperGate needed only a few minutes to kick-in, Why then wouldn’t the dialing sequence kick-in a few minutes after the Ori followers closed the gate? Can anyone give me a response to this?
    ******************************************************************************** **********************************
    Last edited by MTgate; 16 July 2006, 07:46 AM.
    The MT one has MT will,
    The MT one is MT still!!!
    ||| savestargatesg1.com |||
    ||| save sg1 |||

They just replaced the control crystal. I don't think they ever managed to dial the gate.

-JAmes-

Comment

they need a power source
      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Don't they already have a power source in the singularity that needed to be created to build the gate in the first place? I'm pretty sure in Camelot they said there used to be a planet there, so the gate should be powered on both ends.

Comment

explain why's it off then
          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

The Ori wanted it off for some reason.

Comment

Minor plothole, maybe. Dunno for sure. Maybe the Ori were able to disable our override.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

the ori hit the shut off switch on their end
                SAVE SG-1
                www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

As I mentioned in another thread, its probably off for the same reason Earth turns its gate off....sorta. If we want to send everyone to atlantis which is quicker...bringing everyoen to earth or having each 'group' use thier own gate to dial atlantis? Obviously the 2nd method.

I assume the ori have more then one super gate on thier end...they probably have several all around thier galaxy so that fleets can more quickly get from where they were built to the MW.

Comment

I think it is because Sam never got to finish what she was doing. Remember the Ori started dialing in. As far as it shutting down. Well because the 38 minute window was up. LOL
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                      I think it is because Sam never got to finish what she was doing. Remember the Ori started dialing in. As far as it shutting down. Well because the 38 minute window was up. LOL
                      Eh the same wormhole rules for a stargate don't apply to the supergate or the ori for that since. Sam mentioned in camelot that by the gate being powered by the singularity the connection could last indefinatly which is why also in "Beachhead" the prior was able to keep the gate open for days to power the shield to crush the planet.

Why they turned the gate off who knows but from the way they talked the gate can be left on pretty much indefinately.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                        lol so that whoooooole bit about it having enough power to never shut down.... man sam couldnt of been more wrong
                        SAVE SG-1
                        www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                          explain why's it off then
                          Writing or FX goof? I dunno. The gate should always be active right now, unless the Ori somehow implemented some galactic One Way sign on it.

Comment

i dont think it was an FX goof...... that was the first eppisode of season 10.... there is no way they would let a goof like that slip by, they had to of gone over it with a fine tooth comb and disected everything in it
                            SAVE SG-1
                            www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

If the Ori is so powerful than they can close their supergate at their side anytime.

I have a question too. If the black hole are made from planets than they are rotating around a sun?
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X