Vala Mal Doran/Tomin Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala Mal Doran/Tomin Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

I can't seem to find a Vala/Tomin thread here. At the risk of being ostracized (or chained to Gateworld's stone bench for 3 days), can we have one? Over the hiatus, I was reticent to suggest this, because I honestly imagined he'd find himself at the wrong end of a zat blast of Daniel's in the season 10 premiere.
    Spoiler:
    But now it looks like he may stick around for awhile, if nothing else, to help protect the Orici.

In CRUSADE, the relationship between Vala & Tomin intrigued me. They were so sweet together, and his adoration of her was clearly genuine.

Sure, at first, she used him & his love to help her survive in Ver Isca. But I believe she grew to honestly care for - if not love him - herself. She described him to SG-1 as "one of the gentlest, most honest souls I have ever known", and the memory of him standing before the mirror in his battle armor brought her to tears.

I do not believe she was merely "performing" to just get a reaction from them.

In this same ep, when he was aiming his weapon & vehemently yelling at her that he was "deaf to all but the teachings of Origin", I thought nothing would keep him from doing his duty (even destroying Vala for her deceit, if he ever found her out).

But in FLESH AND BLOOD,
    Spoiler:
    the scene where Tomin reaffirmed his love for Vala even though he doubts her devotion to the Ori was profound to me. And after sharing such a tender kiss, when she sadly said aloud to herself (& Daniel who was hiding in her room) "and here I was hoping I could save him," I was reminded of how much she, too, cared for this man.

I think they could have a lovely life together

(if it weren't for that inconvenient detail of the Ori complicating their lives).

I don't expect this to be a popular thread, but I think it belongs here. In fact, Vala & Tomin have had the only true relationship on SG-1 (that we have seen in awhile) that is not platonic.

What can I say? Tomin's grown on me, and I'm such a sucker for the angsty/ill-fated/tragic love stories. Especially, those stunningly performed by my favorite actress

Sherry
    Last edited by skchwojko; 25 July 2006, 12:58 PM.
    CBOOL #73 1/2 -don't forget the 1/2
    Keeper of the Aeryn Sun Wardrobe Collection: "May you be blessed with a joyous life"-chickwithgun (CB) to skchwojko 20 Apr 2004
    http://skchwojko.livejournal.com/
    http://www.myspace.com/skchwojko

They are very caring for each other and i think they love each other but the fanatical issue will always be between them

Comment

I wonder when and in what circumstances we'll see Tomin again...
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I'm glad this thread exists. I, too, thought Tomin and Vala were very sweet together in Crusade, and I agree about Flesh and Blood ...
        Spoiler:
        he did tell her again that he loved her, and you could tell they still cared deeply about one another.

I'm glad that he hasn't been killed off and I hope we do see him again. It would be nice to see those two reunited, but I guess TPTB have other plans.

Comment

We finally see Tomin again!

Ohhh, so sweet! I just love the relationship between these two! Even tho Vala has moved from lusting after Daniel to actually loving him, there's still a very important place in her heart for the man she married.
          Do you think we'll see him again? I hope so! So touching and lovely! I love watching how they want so much to save the other.

Caps fron "line in the sand"
          Spoiler:

Sorry, I didn't cap any kissing pictures. It was too dark in the scene, I think, to make it look good.

If we do see him again, will he die? Die for what he believes in? Since they day we met Tomin it felt like he was going to have to die, either saving Vala or betraying her, one or t other, but the question now is how and when?

Anyone ever make a vid for these two? How about a song about saving?

Comment

spoilers for Line in the Sand:

Spoiler:
            I just loved the dynamics of Vala's feelings towards Tomin, and his own struggles with his beliefs and his feelings for her. Especially great was when he wife-beat her in the most brutal way, and she just looked up at him with those "I used to be a Goa'uld" eyes and hissed "You better kill me now...."

His struggle is a great one, and seems to me to be a version of the Jaffa's disillusionment we didn't really get to trace with this much intimacy, or depth.

Comment

I really enjoy Tim and Claudia scenes and Vala and Tomin moments, Hope we will see more.

Tim Guinee isn't in the list of the episode http://imdb.com/title/tt0854940/

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
                I really enjoy Tim and Claudia scenes and Vala and Tomin moments, Hope we will see more.

Tim Guinee isn't in the list of the episode http://imdb.com/title/tt0854940/
                Sometimes IMDB is slow on the update. And they may not know the official casting of an ep until it airs.

Comment

I was happy to see this thread because I think I became a Vala/Tomin shipper
                  It was a complete suprise to me too to see Tomin again, I think that him and Vala are great together.

I think that Vala obviously still cares for Tomin a great deal and if circumstances were different would give their relationship a chance.
                  Just my opinion but I really don't believe that Vala is "in love" with Daniel.

I really hope we do see Tomin again, if not this season then in the first movie perhaps? I think Tim Guinee just plays the part brilliantly.

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Awww, I was wondering when a thread like this would pop up ^_^

I like Tomin/Vala. They have a sweet relationship, and many sweet moments together.

Comment

Originally posted by Hybridbabe View Post
                      Awww, I was wondering when a thread like this would pop up ^_^

I like Tomin/Vala. They have a sweet relationship, and many sweet moments together.
                      As A/V said in Vala/CB thread. Tomin kiiled many people, don't forget about that factor...
                      I really enjoyed the parts when Vala make Tomin sees the true and what he had done. Not an easy subject.

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
                        As A/V said in Vala/CB thread. Tomin kiiled many people, don't forget about that factor...
                        I really enjoyed the parts when Vala make Tomin sees the true and what he had done. Not an easy subject.
                        Yeah, that's definitely something heavy they could work through, if they both want to keep going with the relationship...

(I'm a D/V shipper though, and I'm trying to play devil's advocate with T/V, but I don't think it's working lol. Sorry....)

Comment

Tomin kiiled many people, don't forget about that factor...
                          Tomin was used by the Ori to kill, Vala was used by the Goa'uld to kill, and I'm sure she's been responsible for some deaths in her own life as a smuggler/rogue as well... they could bond over this!

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom View Post
                            Tomin was used by the Ori to kill, Vala was used by the Goa'uld to kill, and I'm sure she's been responsible for some deaths in her own life as a smuggler/rogue as well... they could bond over this!
                            It was Quetesh who was killing and I don't believe Vala as herself killed anybody. Actually Tomin wasn't used, it was his choice to do what he's doing. Vala was taken host by force, nobody was forcing Tomin to join the Ori soldiers. Remember how happy he was when the prior healed him in Crusade episode, so he can join the holy crusade?
                            I suppose Tomin is going to die saving Vala and perhaps another SG-1 members.

Comment

Or maybe they won't kill off Tomin! Won't that be totally unexpected?!

*I'm a little irked that it's becoming too predictable who's going to be killed off...
                              Spoiler:
                              Ship Commanders, Doctors, people that get in the way of love interests...

Comment

Working...
                              X