know your Asgard Ships...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

know your Asgard Ships...

Okay... this is for the people who probably don't really watch StarGate and thus have no clue about the differences between their Warships and Science vessels.

And please, don't delve into speculation about "frigate" variants, because you will be going completely against StarGate canon. Speculation -vs- canon (what is clearly seen) is... well... useless. What we saw in Camelot, as evidenced by these pics are clearly O'Neill class. Refute it, and you may need an eye doctor and a psychologist.

It would be like insisting that a Hummer is a Volkwagen Beetle because it's could not go up against 4 Abrams tanks...

Anyway, here's pics of the 3 classes of Asgard ships for future reference.

BELISKNER CLASS (old style Asgard ship, decomissioned in favor of the O'Neill Class)

O'NEILL CLASS (latest and most advanced Asgard ship built during the Replicator-Asgard War)

DANIEL JACKSON CLASS (these are the Science Vessels; not a combat ship at all as mere Ha'Taks are able to chase it away)
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

I dont know why u wasted your time posting thsi year... know one is arguing that those are the classes of ships but teh season 9 bio said clearly that the ship was a asgard science vessel... it does look like a oniel but that doesnt mean it was a oniel warship.... you are seriously being thick about this..
    this is from the bio..

"Odyssey fires as the Ori ships power up their weapons. A full, pitched battle ensues. The Odyssey loses sub-light engines while the Korolev loses its hyperdrive. The massive Milky Way fleet -- comprised of Earth's two battlecruisers, Goa'uld Ha'tak vessels, Al'kesh bombers, and an Asgard science vessel -- fire volley after volley at the invading ships, but cannot penetrate their mighty shields. The Ori followers return fire with powerful beam weapons, cutting the ships to shreds."

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Are you getting this from GateWorld?

Did you think that perhaps whoever wrote this also made the mistake of presuming that the rather small looking O'Neill class ship was a Science Vessel?

BTW... look at what your quoting again. There were NO Al'Keshes to be seen anywhere during the battle at the SuperGate. The only Al'Kesh you see during the episode was when Teal'c went into Lucian Alliance territory. But no Al'Kesh vessels from either the Tok'Ra, Jaffa, nor Lucian Alliance joined the fray at the SuperGate.

There are YouTube.com videos you can view to denounce that quote, such as a 6min clip of the battle.

Again, even GateWorld articles can be inaccurate...

That was an O'Neill class WARSHIP, not a Science Vessel, and there were no Al'Keshes during the battle of the SuperGate.
      Last edited by Peoples_General; 16 July 2006, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Can you please quote where/when they said the Beliskner class was being decomissioned?

Comment

Watch "Small Victories" when the Asgard are building a new class of warship, named after O'Neill. From this episode onwards, the Asgard have been using O'Neill class vessels for combat and the Beliskners has never been seen again.

Comment

read sci-fi.com

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
              Watch "Small Victories" when the Asgard are building a new class of warship, named after O'Neill. From this episode onwards, the Asgard have been using O'Neill class vessels for combat and the Beliskners has never been seen again.
              Never seen again != decommissioned.

Comment

and the asgard that was on that ship is a scientist not a fleet commander or anything military in nature... so it wouldnt make sense if he was flying a military ship... would u see a scientist from today that works for the military being in command of a navy destroyer??? no....

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                  and the asgard that was on that ship is a scientist not a fleet commander or anything military in nature... so it wouldnt make sense if he was flying a military ship... would u see a scientist from today that works for the military being in command of a navy destroyer??? no....
                  The only reason to think it was an O'Neil was that it was of SIMILAR shape.

I actually am having difficulty understanding the thought processes that would cause someone to proclaim that anyone who thinks otherwise is 100% incorrect.

Logic, comments by the characters, scientist rather then military, etc

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                    Isn't also possible that he was beamed into the Odessy, while the rest of the Asgard on the ship went into the fight, and either ran for it or was destroyed... while Kvasir was still in the Odessy?

Ship captains & commanders command ships, not scientists.

--------

Oh and the same goes for Sci-Fi.com, with regard to my GateWorld.com comment.

Im not gonna believe anything from either GateWorld, or SciFi.com unless the same is stated in say a Season 9 DVD boxed set's special features or whatever. That my friend is canon, as it would come directly from the makers of StarGate... and not a broadcasting company such as SciFi or SkyOne.

Oh and with regard to the possibility that the VFX department made a DOUBLE SCREW UP by placing a miniaturized O'Neill ship into the scene, when the scene actually called for a Daniel Jackson class....

I propose that some of us fly over to Vancouver and smack the VFX crew on the back of their heads for making that kind of a dumb mistake.

Next thing you know we'll see the Genii flying their own Ha'Taks and trying to liberate Tollana where a Hiveship has landed with Nox warriors wraithing the Gadmeer...

Comment

Now that I think about it, what did happen to Kvasir's ship?

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity
                        Now that I think about it, what did happen to Kvasir's ship?
                        lol. We're having the same discussion on another thread. no one knows.

Kvasir just appeared on the Odyssey with no mention of his ship

---
                        : I ask you.. what could possibly be in my eye that could explain this?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                          Isn't also possible that he was beamed into the Odessy, while the rest of the Asgard on the ship went into the fight, and either ran for it or was destroyed... while Kvasir was still in the Odessy?

Ship captains & commanders command ships, not scientists.
                          I thought Asgard ships were manned by a single Asgard? Am i wrong? Ive only ever seen one at a time, but.. maybe im just not paying enough attention. Or im distracted by the nakedness

---
                          : I ask you.. what could possibly be in my eye that could explain this?

Comment

Originally posted by McDork
                            I thought Asgard ships were manned by a single Asgard? Am i wrong? Ive only ever seen one at a time, but.. maybe im just not paying enough attention. Or im distracted by the nakedness
                            According to Wikipedia, Asgard ships have enough automation that they could be manned by only one Asgard.
                            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                            -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by McDork
                              I forgot the episode name but Thor does establish that Asgard ships do have crews. Being the Supreme Commander of the Asgard Fleet seems to entitle him to take joyrides without the crew every once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X