This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where the hell are the Asgard?

They have got the best hyperdrives we've seen on the show, they should have seen what happened at the supergate and sent an armada of their own at top speed to deal with those ori ships???
    SG-1 Rocks!!

And for that matter, what happened to
    Spoiler:
    the Asgard ship that was in the battle at the Supergate? They never mentioned it in 'Flesh and Blood', but they did basically say only the Odyssey and the Lucian ship survived with working life support, right?

The Asgard ship got damaged/destroyed? WTF?

That's just not right.
    Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is that the writers dont wanna make it too easy, if the asgard came down on the ori with their entire fleet and hammered them, what would sg1 do for the rest of season 10? lol
      SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

well, that asgard ship was a science vessel right? So it probably didn't have very good weapons/shields.
        MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
        Spoiler:
        Snape kills Dumbledore
        Spoiler:
        Darth Vader is Luke's Father
        Spoiler:
        Rosebud is a sled
        Spoiler:
        Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
        Spoiler:
        The planet of the apes is actually Earth
        Spoiler:
        The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
        Spoiler:
        Clark Kent is Superman
        Spoiler:
        What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyalcapones
          well, that asgard ship was a science vessel right? So it probably didn't have very good weapons/shields.
          Have you been watching StarGate? That was an O'Neill Class ship, the science vessels, the "Daniel Jacksons", are very different looking and is much smaller.

Landry stated in "Flesh and Blood" that despite 2 Earth ships, 1 Asgard ship (O'Neill class), and a fleet of Ha'Taks we.... still got our arses kicked. I wouldn't doubt the possibility that it was destroyed.

We're talking evil and very aggressive versions of the Ancients here people. Come on... work it out!
          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
            Have you been watching StarGate? That was an O'Neill Class ship, the science vessels, the "Daniel Jacksons", are very different looking and is much smaller.

Landry stated in "Flesh and Blood" that despite 2 Earth ships, 1 Asgard ship (O'Neill class), and a fleet of Ha'Taks we.... still got our arses kicked. I wouldn't doubt the possibility that it was destroyed.

We're talking evil and very aggressive versions of the Ancients here people. Come on... work it out!
            Thats bs, the ship was clearly no bigger than a hatak, it might have shared some common features of an oneill but it clearly was a fraction of an oneills size.
            SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1
              Thats bs, the ship was clearly no bigger than a hatak, it might have shared some common features of an oneill but it clearly was a fraction of an oneills size.
              I could have been way off so correct me If I was, But I'm inclined to agree with this guy: that asgard ship didn't seem very big....
              Spoiler:
              Snape kills Dumbledore
              Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              Rosebud is a sled
              Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              Clark Kent is Superman
              Spoiler:

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

I could have been way off so correct me If I was, But I'm inclined to agree with this guy: that asgard ship didn't seem very big....
                When you go back and look at an Oneill's size in proportion to promethius or to one of the original asgard ships as seen in season 2 I believe, it absolutly dwarfs the likes of beliskner which itself dwarfed a hatack as seen when it comes down through the clouds over the top of one. The Oneil by that logic should be nearly the size of an ori ship, otherwise its just a screw up by the writers.
                SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

a normal O'neill class ship is like 20 times the size of prometheus, this asgard ship was smaller than the earth ships, so it must be a science ship like the Daniel Jackson class.

The Asgard are still porbably dealing with the remaining replicators in their own galaxy, and in the ep, Ripple Effect-- Vasir said that Thor was dealing with something important in another galaxy, maybe it's another threat to the Asgard or it could be another ally.

BTW if the asgard used all of their resources to help us, how would they re-build what was left of their own dying race.

Comment

When you go back and look at an Oneill's size in proportion to promethius or to one of the original asgard ships as seen in season 2 I believe, it absolutly dwarfs the likes of beliskner which itself dwarfed a hatack as seen when it comes down through the clouds over the top of one. The Oneil by that logic should be nearly the size of an ori ship, otherwise its just a screw up by the writers.
                    sooooo...... we're in agreement right? Of course we could both be wrong, heh...
                    Spoiler:
                    Snape kills Dumbledore
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    Rosebud is a sled
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    Clark Kent is Superman
                    Spoiler:

Comment

sooooo...... we're in agreement right? Of course we could both be wrong, heh...
                      Either we are right or the writers really REALLY droped the ball on a major detail.
                      SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

BS? Did the thought of a possible "visual effects" screw up cross your mind?

Don't go around telling me that Im talking BS, when you and many others seem to lack the memory for what a Daniel Jackson class ship looks like and instead make assumptions about what you see. And then when someone tries to correct you... you attack them.... wtf?

Since people seem to have a deficient memory....

DANIEL JACKSON CLASS ASGARD SCIENCE VESSEL

O'NEILL CLASS ASGARD WARSHIP

BELISKNER CLASS ASGARD WARSHIP (OLD CLASS OF WARSHIP)

--------------------------------

If you look at the "Flesh and Blood" you'll notice how large the BC-304s are compared the Ha'Taks. It's the scene where the BC-304 faces off agaisnt some Lucian Alliance Ha'Taks.
                        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                          BS? Did the thought of a possible "visual effects" screw up cross your mind?

Don't go around telling me that Im talking BS, when you and many others seem to lack the memory for what a Daniel Jackson class ship looks like and instead make assumptions about what you see. And then when someone tries to correct you... you attack them.... wtf?

Since people seem to have a deficient memory....

DANIEL JACKSON CLASS ASGARD SCIENCE VESSEL

O'NEILL CLASS ASGARD WARSHIP

BELISKNER CLASS ASGARD WARSHIP (OLD CLASS OF WARSHIP)

--------------------------------

If you look at the "Flesh and Blood" you'll notice how large the BC-304s are compared the Ha'Taks. It's the scene where the BC-304 faces off agaisnt some Lucian Alliance Ha'Taks.
                          Look back and get your posters straightened out, i never said it was a jackson class ship, what I said was it was not an Oneil class ship as evident by the MASSIVE size discrepancy. Plus, if you look back at that replicator episode where the oneill is parked, you see a beliskner class ship taking off in front of the oneil, the damn think looks absolutly tiny in comparison. I think you are forgetting how big these oneils are suppose to be.
                          SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

You would think that after all we have done for those shifty grey *******s they could give us some effective weapons of lend a hand whilst we are getting, well ripped up.

Comment

Peoples General: I'm just wondering what episode it was where you took that screenshot of the O'Neill Class Asgard ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X