This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joan of Arcadia

I can't see another post about this, so I made one. If there is one already, move it or whatever.

I love this show. I'm a huge Michael Welch fan and he plays Luke Girardi, Joan's brother.

Luke is such a sweet character, and he's very funny. Michael Welch said he thinks Luke is quite like Jack. He's right!

Joan is a great character too. She's also very funny. It's a quirky little show that is well worth watching!

The relationships are all so good...Grace and Luke, Glynis and Luke, Joan and Adam. It's brilliant! Really well written.

Tune in!

What does everyone else think about it?
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

I enjoy it too ! Its a better family show than 7th Heaven
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Luke G. may have sarcasm in common with Jack, but Luke is way more smarter than Jack could ever be, even with the Ancients download.

Love Joan. Not half as preachy and religious as it could be, for which I am eternally grateful. And I love that God is snarky! That's my kinda god, that is.

Comment

I love how the show isn't really God-heavy like Touched by an Angel was, i like all the people who play's God's puppets

Comment

Yeah I have no religion - or if I do, I don't know it - and I was worried it would be too Touched By An Angel but its a great show. I love it! Not to say TBAA is bad...it's just not my cup of tea. Although I have been known to watch it for ALEXIS CRUZ!
          ------
          Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Yeah, Luke is the sole reason I watch JoA (and God being snippy). I have a thing for the genius people of TV, as you can tell from my avatar choice. ^.^

I remember when they re-aired the SG-1 episode with Clone!Jack. I was miffed the entire episode, thinking "Lord, I know him from somewhere!" Then Mom walked in the room, watched for 15 minutes and pointed out that it was Luke. That was so cool. ^.^

~Lucia
            This is OTAKUDOM-
            I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

Yeah, I like the fact this show has pain and suffering. This show was my obsession a few months ago before I switched to Stargate after the season ended. I MAY get back into it in the 2nd season depending on how they head the show out. I dunno if they'll introduce The Devil but that question about evil keeps getting brought up again, and it's hard to just brush aside. The show is obviously meant to be universally spiritual and appeal to a wide variety of beliefs. But as time goes on, they will have to narrow some things down -- it's obvious, for example, that this God is a liberal one who is alright with tattoos and piercings.

Lucia, you like genius characters too?? LOL me too! I find most of them to be portrayed shoddily though -- I didn't care too much for Wesley Crusher and Doogie Howser, for example. But from personal experience, I can say that Michael Welch as Luke is spot-on and very believable.
              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Doogie Howser, haha, i saw im in this movie, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, he was a horny dude, haha, not a pg kind of character, haha...

I agree, JoA is a universal show, because Joan herself in the show didn't seem all that religious before God told her what to do.

Comment

I saw Joan of Arcadia for the first time today - I've been dying to see this show ever since I heard Michael Welch was in it.
                  RTÉ started showing it today, and I'm very happy about it - it seems like a good show, and I've heard nothing but good things about it so far....

Comment

I like Joan of Arcadia a lot, too. My only gripe is the translation of the title that the network airing it has decided to use over here, but that has nothing to do with the show in itself, so I digress.

I didn't know that Michael Welch was on this show when I first started watching so when I found out I had one of those "Wait a minute, isn't that...?" - moments. I was really happy about it because I think he's very talented, and so is Amber Tamblyn, who I didn't know about before JoA. Well, they're all talented, but those two stand out, to me.
                    Last edited by Liv; 05 September 2004, 01:38 PM. Reason: Welch spellcheck, note to self: "c" not "s"
                    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Yes, Amber T. is gifted, only soap opera fans of General Hospital may have known her, or The Ring. I thought one episode was kind of interesting, interesting scary, where Joan was getting worries that shes really crazy then seeing/hearing God, i felt so bad for her

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                        I enjoy it too ! Its a better family show than 7th Heaven

Duh!

&th Heaven is trash, and at least in Joan of Arcadia she talks back to God. &th Heaven is all lovely God bull****.
                        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                          Duh!

&th Heaven is trash, and at least in Joan of Arcadia she talks back to God. &th Heaven is all lovely God bull****.
                          My feelings exactly, haha... 7th Heaven is so fake, i know if your an athiest, you can say JoA fake, but 7th Heaven, the acting is just bad, blah blah, enough negativity

Comment

Isn't Jack Jr in JOA?

Comment

Yup, Michael Welch. We recently interviewed him and he went on for five or six minutes about Joan of Arcadia starting back into production this past July. Regretfully I have not caught a single episode, but most certainly plan to this fall

Comment

Working...
                              X