PDA

View Full Version : Joan of Arcadia

jenniferhailey
August 6th, 2004, 12:54 PM
I can't see another post about this, so I made one. If there is one already, move it or whatever.

I love this show. I'm a huge Michael Welch fan and he plays Luke Girardi, Joan's brother.

Luke is such a sweet character, and he's very funny. Michael Welch said he thinks Luke is quite like Jack. He's right!

Joan is a great character too. She's also very funny. It's a quirky little show that is well worth watching!

The relationships are all so good...Grace and Luke, Glynis and Luke, Joan and Adam. It's brilliant! Really well written.

Tune in! :D

What does everyone else think about it?

Elwe Singollo
August 6th, 2004, 01:14 PM
I enjoy it too :)! Its a better family show than 7th Heaven :D

ShadowMaat
August 6th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Luke G. may have sarcasm in common with Jack, but Luke is way more smarter than Jack could ever be, even with the Ancients download. :P

Love Joan. Not half as preachy and religious as it could be, for which I am eternally grateful. And I love that God is snarky! That's my kinda god, that is. ;)

Elwe Singollo
August 6th, 2004, 02:22 PM
I love how the show isn't really God-heavy like Touched by an Angel was, i like all the people who play's God's puppets :rolleyes:

jenniferhailey
August 7th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Yeah I have no religion - or if I do, I don't know it - and I was worried it would be too Touched By An Angel but its a great show. I love it! Not to say TBAA is bad...it's just not my cup of tea. Although I have been known to watch it for ALEXIS CRUZ! :D

Lucia Tanaka
August 7th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Yeah, Luke is the sole reason I watch JoA (and God being snippy). I have a thing for the genius people of TV, as you can tell from my avatar choice. ^.^

I remember when they re-aired the SG-1 episode with Clone!Jack. I was miffed the entire episode, thinking "Lord, I know him from somewhere!" Then Mom walked in the room, watched for 15 minutes and pointed out that it was Luke. That was so cool. ^.^

~Lucia

Torley
August 7th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I like the fact this show has pain and suffering. This show was my obsession a few months ago before I switched to Stargate after the season ended. I MAY get back into it in the 2nd season depending on how they head the show out. I dunno if they'll introduce The Devil but that question about evil keeps getting brought up again, and it's hard to just brush aside. The show is obviously meant to be universally spiritual and appeal to a wide variety of beliefs. But as time goes on, they will have to narrow some things down -- it's obvious, for example, that this God is a liberal one who is alright with tattoos and piercings.

Lucia, you like genius characters too?? LOL me too! I find most of them to be portrayed shoddily though -- I didn't care too much for Wesley Crusher and Doogie Howser, for example. But from personal experience, I can say that Michael Welch as Luke is spot-on and very believable. :D

Elwe Singollo
August 7th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Doogie Howser, haha, i saw im in this movie, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, he was a horny dude, haha, not a pg kind of character, haha...

I agree, JoA is a universal show, because Joan herself in the show didn't seem all that religious before God told her what to do.

shelsfc
September 5th, 2004, 10:31 AM
I saw Joan of Arcadia for the first time today - I've been dying to see this show ever since I heard Michael Welch was in it. :D
RTÉ started showing it today, and I'm very happy about it - it seems like a good show, and I've heard nothing but good things about it so far....

Liv
September 5th, 2004, 10:56 AM
I like Joan of Arcadia a lot, too. My only gripe is the translation of the title that the network airing it has decided to use over here, but that has nothing to do with the show in itself, so I digress.

I didn't know that Michael Welch was on this show when I first started watching so when I found out I had one of those "Wait a minute, isn't that...?" - moments. I was really happy about it because I think he's very talented, and so is Amber Tamblyn, who I didn't know about before JoA. Well, they're all talented, but those two stand out, to me.

Elwe Singollo
September 5th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Yes, Amber T. is gifted, only soap opera fans of General Hospital may have known her, or The Ring. I thought one episode was kind of interesting, interesting scary, where Joan was getting worries that shes really crazy then seeing/hearing God, i felt so bad for her :(

David85
September 5th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I enjoy it too :)! Its a better family show than 7th Heaven :D

Duh!

&th Heaven is trash, and at least in Joan of Arcadia she talks back to God. &th Heaven is all lovely God bull****.

Elwe Singollo
September 5th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Duh!

&th Heaven is trash, and at least in Joan of Arcadia she talks back to God. &th Heaven is all lovely God bull****.My feelings exactly, haha... 7th Heaven is so fake, i know if your an athiest, you can say JoA fake, but 7th Heaven, the acting is just bad, blah blah, enough negativity :)

aschen
September 5th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Isn't Jack Jr in JOA?

David
September 5th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Yup, Michael Welch. We recently interviewed him and he went on for five or six minutes about Joan of Arcadia starting back into production this past July. Regretfully I have not caught a single episode, but most certainly plan to this fall :)

NightGloom
September 5th, 2004, 06:45 PM
I love this show and this coming from a person who doesn't exactly have/enjoy religion. It keeps a really good balance between the reality and the whole God and religion part of it.

David85
September 6th, 2004, 09:49 AM
My feelings exactly, haha... 7th Heaven is so fake, i know if your an athiest, you can say JoA fake, but 7th Heaven, the acting is just bad, blah blah, enough negativity :)

7th Heaven is so fake, it's almost funny. OH No!!! I 20 year old is having sex! It's the end of the world!!!! :D

I don't belive in God, but if I did I would think it's just like the one on JoA, completely pointless, and never explains anything.

Slainey
September 7th, 2004, 08:03 AM
I just had a funny mental image of Michael Welch as Luke trying to explain something technical to himself as mini-Jack.

At first Luke really bothered me because he seemed like such a sterotype of the science nerd. It was about halfway though the season before he became real. I'm not sure why.

Chalk me up as another big fan of this show. I don't know if you can characterize the God of this television show as liberal just because one form he chose to take was a Goth.

Elwe Singollo
September 7th, 2004, 02:03 PM
7th Heaven is so fake, it's almost funny. OH No!!! I 20 year old is having sex! It's the end of the world!!!! :D

I don't belive in God, but if I did I would think it's just like the one on JoA, completely pointless, and never explains anything.If God is really like the one in JoA, that would be interesting :rolleyes:

Elwe Singollo
April 23rd, 2005, 12:06 AM
Ah, its getting interesting! Anyone watch the episode? With an actual 'evil' character, or evily misguided i guess...

fan of jack
April 23rd, 2005, 01:53 AM
I've occasionaly watched it but husband keeps turning tv over! :(

jckfan55
April 23rd, 2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah, things are getting more tricky for Joan--and her mom.

Jonas
April 24th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I was also intrigued by the new plot development in the season finale. It will be interesting to see where they go with it that is if Joan can defeat a bigger opponent..... Cancellation! :(

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 25th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Glad to see someone started a thread for this show, amidst all the reality tv crap it really is one of the best shows on tv right now. I'll be so ticked if it get canceled. Did anyone else catch the double meaning of "I saved Adam's life."? LOVED the season finale.

immhotep
May 16th, 2005, 10:35 AM
the new series of joan of arcadia has two stargate rejects in it!
it has mini oniel ns one of the leads and joe from 2010 as another guy, its really weird i was watching it and thinking wait ive seen seen these guys before!

twiggy
May 16th, 2005, 10:47 AM
lol, i don't usually watch that show, but it's fun to see people from stargate in other shows.

jckfan55
May 16th, 2005, 10:48 AM
the new series of joan of arcadia has two stargate rejects in it!
it has mini oniel ns one of the leads and joe from 2010 as another guy, its really weird i was watching it and thinking wait ive seen seen these guys before!
What part does "Joe" play?

immhotep
May 16th, 2005, 10:56 AM
he a lawyer guy, i dont watch it either but a new series just started and now mini oniels in it, who probley the best extra in stargate history that inst a regular( jacob/braytac) i will start to watch it, he still got the whole onielish sarcasm vibe though!

Jeff O'Connor
May 16th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Well, not really rejects. I mean, from what I understand they wanted to get the kid who played younger O'Neill back again for the eighth year, but couldn't because he was busy with Joan of Arcadia. If anything, he rejected us for a much larger role with them.

...that reject! :eek:

;)

Elwe Singollo
May 16th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Why would you call them 'Stargate Rejects'?

the Fifth Race
May 17th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Joan of Arcadia?....essshhhhh, my girlfriend watches that show, maybe I will have to give it a gander. :o

Spimman
May 17th, 2005, 05:57 AM
I wouldn't say they were rejects, just because an actor/actress plays a non-reoccuring role on a show doesn't mean they were rejected. Every show is going to have characters that only appear on one episode, especially a good sci-fi series. If anything I would say that they were accepted as being good actors in their small roles with SG-1 and theu aided them in landing a more prestigous part with another series.

Just my take. ;)

Cymro
May 17th, 2005, 07:37 AM
A show with a name like Joan of Arcadia just tells me not to watch it.

Elwe Singollo
May 17th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Well really, at first when i saw 'Stargate' in a title of a show (i had never seen the movie yet), i thought the samething, "oo... i'm not gonna watch it", but then again, i did... :) (Good thing i did)

Cymro
May 18th, 2005, 12:46 AM
The name Stargate is what made me watch it in the first place.

AntiRebel
May 27th, 2005, 01:33 PM
My fellow Stargate fans:

Stargate is my favorite show on tv but my second favorite, Joan of Arcadia, is in trouble. Maybe you've seen a eppy of JoA or are a fan too. I'm here hoping to gain aid from my fellow 'Gaters.

If you are a fan of JoA go to http://www.savejoanofarcadia.com and check out the message board to find out how to help try and save to show.

If you've only seen it once or twice but would be willing to help send an e-mail to leslie.moonves@tvc.cbs.com

or send feedback to Sony (to shop the show) at http://www.sonypictures.com/spe/help_feedback_index.html

and feedback to CBS at http://www.cbs.com/primetime/joan_of_arcadia/# and click on "Feedback" at the bottom of the page.

I know this is an odd request from a Stargate fan to another but if you've ever seen Joan and liked it a little please let them know. Tell them you liked it, your age and gender, and anything else.

Thanks
AntiRebel

PS: Remember Jack's mini clone? He was played by Michael Welch who plays Luke Girardi and JoA!

AntiRebel
June 5th, 2005, 03:04 PM
People take 45secs of your life and help us out. sign the petiton http://www.petitiononline.com/savejoan/petition.html

Thanks!

Madeleine
June 5th, 2005, 09:20 PM
I've never seen the show, but I think it's Fantasy, so I've put it in here for better visibility. If it's not fantasy then i'm sure someone will let me know so I can move it back :)

TheGreatLordGeorge
July 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Forget wrestling on SCIFI, They are premiering Joan of Arcadia on friday! what the frak! How the heck is that sci fi? some would even argue (Not necessarily me:rolleyes:) that is the anti science fiction! this is a new low,

(that being said, it was not a horrible show)

jds1982
July 10th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I actually don't think it's a bad idea, it was a good show and I wish it had lasted longer.

July 11th, 2008, 01:01 AM
to be fair, i would say the show is sci-fi, i mean it is centered around a fictional entity that is beyond our scientific understanding

MmmmMcKAy
July 11th, 2008, 03:47 AM
It's not sci-fi but it does have that element of the unknown.

What I don't understand is why there's a Prison Break thread in the General sci-fi and fantasy forum.:confused:

scouting
July 27th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I think Joan of Arcadia should be on Sci-fi but not on a friday night alot of shows would get more viewers than that one

MarshAngel
July 28th, 2008, 04:10 AM
What I don't understand is why there's a Prison Break thread in the General sci-fi and fantasy forum.:confused:

I asked that question once, but apparently it wasn't relevant to the thread. :cool: