X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asgard

if this has been seen before i am sorry

well, through out the whole show the asgard are the most advanced being in the show apart from the ancients,but we have never seen a female asgard or an evil asgard since nearly every race in the stargate has a ememy from their own race
    i.e. the tauri has the trust
    the gould =the tokra
    the ancients =ori
    the wraith=civil war
    and possibly others i havent written about

we know the Asgard had the replicators but their not asgard or the same species as them

views anyone???
    sigpic

the asgard don't look like they have an enemy from within because most of them are united, only a few like loki are rogue asgard, (see "fragile balance") but they still have very similar reasons as the trust, they don't beleive that the ones in power are doing it right, so they take the matter into thier own hands.

there are no female asgard, they've lost the ability to reproduce, so really there aren't any female or male asgard, they're all one single gender
    "Pardonnez-moi, monsieur"
    'Marie Antoinette'
    Last words

Comment

The closest I could come up with would be a disagreement within their ranks to a limited degree. Remember Fragile Balance? The one Asgard broke their laws because he disagreed with their methodology.

Hope that's not too vague...don't want to ruin the ep for someone who hasn't seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by nightstar02
        the asgard don't look like they have an enemy from within because most of them are united, only a few like loki are rogue asgard, (see "fragile balance") but they still have very similar reasons as the trust, they don't beleive that the ones in power are doing it right, so they take the matter into thier own hands.

there are no female asgard, they've lost the ability to reproduce, so really there aren't any female or male asgard, they're all one single gender
        but that just weird, so maybe all this time thor could be a woman/man
        sigpic

Comment

also to the point they couldnt reproduce there would of been female asgards?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
            also to the point they couldnt reproduce there would of been female asgards?
            I believe so. Thor or Heimdall, can't remember which, said that the Asgard were once more similar to humans than they are now. I believe that was in Revelations. That's the ep where they found out about the Asgard being clones. End of Season 5.

Comment

yes the azgard were like humans, but thousands of years of cloning has made thier ability to reproduce impossible, that's why loki tried to take o'niell and why they had to evacuate the frozen asgard in "revelations"
              it all leads to the point that the azgard are a dying race, conciousness’ are lost that can't be replaced, bodies are getting weaker and weaker,
              they will eventually die off if they don't find a cure to the problem that they caused
              'Marie Antoinette'
              Last words

Comment

that means when they eventually die off we can steal their technology and ships and attack the wraith ori,other enemies better.

how cool would that be...
                Last edited by wise one; 16 July 2006, 12:55 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

you saw how those ori ships ran right through the azgard ships, even if they did die off, thier tech won't be much use against the ori, still it might be effective against the wraith
                  'Marie Antoinette'
                  Last words

Comment

Working...
                  X