This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Vala? [Spoilers]

One thing I hope the show addresses in Season 10 is why Vala was chosen to be the mother of Adria. Surely there are plenty of women in the Ori home galaxy who would willingly do the job, but why is Vala so special? Could it have something to do with once being a Goa'uld host? Adria, a human who has all the knowledge of the Ori, sounds like a harcesis, a human who has all the knowledge of the Goa'uld, so I wonder if there is a connection.

She can have the Ancient Gene,or?
    Fabiano Klug
    O'neill say: I don't care.
    Stargate Brasil

Comment

That's an excellent question. Maybe it's her connection with SGC.

Comment

Perhaps they wanted to give her a reason to join SG-1 because they know that eventually, she wouldn't have what it takes to let SG-1 destroy her daughter. Could they be manipulating everything to work in their favor far into the future?

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

All very reasonable ideas. I suppose we will just have to wait and see. Although doing so is driving me crazy!
          sigpic

Comment

maybe something to do with the naquadah in her blood? or maybe they just know shes from our galaxy and their master plan will soon be seen?
            SAVE SG-1
            www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
            Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

My .02

Possible Ancient gene.
              Knowledge of Gould and all that symbiotic family have experienced.
              Knowledge of SG-1.
              Has a cleaver mind and could be considered devious, a trait the Ori might have lost following Origin.
              Daniel really need a good foil to play off.

Damn fine actress for genre.
              The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Vala Rulez, Carter be Careful....
                Fabiano Klug
                O'neill say: I don't care.
                Stargate Brasil

Comment

i think that it is because she comes from our galaxy and has a lot of knowledge of certain things so what if Vala could pass on her information through her genes?

Comment

It could be that the Ori needed an unbeliever to be Adria's mother. In Xena, Dahok was an evil force but his child had to be born to an innocent. Perhaps a believer couldn't carry the child because the Ori would be getting energy from them, draining Adria's life force in the process.

It's also possible that Vala was chosen because she had been a Goa'uld host. Maybe Adria's benefitting from the naquadah in Vala's blood.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

The Ori may simply have thought...

"Oh, you want to screw around with us? OK, fine. Now YOU'RE screwed."

=============================================================================

Note To Mod:
                      You Took The Time To Edit My Post But Couldn't Be Bothered To Rephrase It In A Manner That You Felt Was More Appropriate Than The Already Censored Version I Used?
                      Self Righteous Lazy Bum!
                      Last edited by DysfunctionalVeteran; 16 July 2006, 03:00 PM.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
                      - Stephen Colbert
                      "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
                        My .02

Possible Ancient gene.
                        Knowledge of Gould and all that symbiotic family have experienced.
                        Knowledge of SG-1.
                        Has a cleaver mind and could be considered devious, a trait the Ori might have lost following Origin.
                        Daniel really need a good foil to play off.

Damn fine actress for genre.
                        Exactly
                        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Easy. She's the new Golden Girl for the Boys at Bridge - who else would they shove front and center to hog all the new plotlines?

Next question!

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                            Easy. She's the new Golden Girl for the Boys at Bridge - who else would they shove front and center to hog all the new plotlines?

Next question!

Albion
                            she can have all the plot lines she wants. good eye candy
                            SAVE SG-1
                            www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                            Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Originally posted by Albion

Albion
                              Oh, c'mon...
                              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Working...
                              X