Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Watch the SciFi Channel on the Internet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: Watch the SciFi Channel on the Internet?

From PR Web:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/7/prweb409016.htm

TVBistro.com Allows Viewers to Watch Channels from Around the World for Free

A brand new internet television website has been launched called TV Bistro, which allows users to watch TV channels from all over the world for free. Available in 6 languages, the website features live TV channels from 15 different countries.

Rockville, MD (PRWEB) July 10, 2006 -- A brand new internet television website has been launched called TV Bistro, which allows users to watch TV channels from all over the world for free. The website, http://www.tvbistro.com, is in English and targets American users. Some of the most popular channels included are C-Span, BBC, Ministry of Sound, NASA TV, and the Sci Fi Channel. Also featured are English language stations from other countries, allowing viewers to watch content from outside the U.S in their native language streaming live directly from their home countries.

Foreign language versions of TvBistro.com, featuring channels from the respective countries, are being introduced simultaneously and are accessible directly from the main TV Bistro website. These versions feature television channels from such countries as France, Germany, Russia, Spain, China, Mexico, Chile, and Argentina. Each international section is available in both English and the appropriate foreign language and features dozens of channels featuring the news, sports, and entertainment popular within that country. In addition, a Latin America oriented portal is being launched at http://www.tvbistro.com/portal and features TV channels from a number of Latin American countries and is available in both English and Spanish.

“The goal of the website is to allow people to view channels over the Internet from around the world at absolutely no cost” proclaims website founder Yevgeniy Leshchinskiy. “Our website allows the user to have a much greater choice of the channels they can view online. Cable and satellite dish service can be expensive, and usually do not provide anywhere close to the selection of foreign language stations we are offering on TVBistro.com. We are focused on providing a large selection of stations, while also showing channels not available through normal television outlets.”

TVBistro.com breaks the stations down into groups, such as news, music and sports, to allow for easy navigation. The viewer can just click on the channel to watch or enter the channel’s number into a digital remote control to recreate the real television experience. One of the most extensive categories at the website’s outset is music. There is an extensive selection of stations, catering to a wide variety of musical tastes and showing a wide range of musical videos..

Mr. Leshchinskiy explains the potential impact of the new site. “Our website provides a way for television viewers to break down the geographical barriers separating them from the channels they want to see. Whether they are business travelers on the go or immigrants building a new life in a foreign country, our viewers can easily access the TV stations from their home country, no matter where they are.” TV Bistro is currently in its beginning phase and will continually update its site with additional channels from all around the world.

© Copyright 1997-2006, PRWeb

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

No you can't, I think it's the British SciFi Channel because I selected it, the turned to SciFi on my TV, and believe they weren't showing the same thing.
    sigpic

Comment

I did the same... and it didn't work for me either

Ace
      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        No you can't, I think it's the British SciFi Channel because I selected it, the turned to SciFi on my TV, and believe they weren't showing the same thing.
        Definitely not UK SciFi Channel either, I've just checked their online schedule for today and it's something completely different.
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

The description says sci-fi MOVIES 24 hours a day
          What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
          I made a big decision a little while ago.
          I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
          That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
          Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
          Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
          Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
          Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
          And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

Surely it wouldn't be the Sci-Fi channel when this website is offering completly free streams...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Surely it wouldn't be the Sci-Fi channel when this website is offering completly free streams...
              The site is very barebones, so I wonder just what they'll be showing. I don't see Scifi letting its product be given away for free or anybody else for that matter. The fact that Bistro lacks even basic copyright descriptions, and was developed literally weeks ago, makes me think it might be toast before Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                There's a British Scifi channel?
                I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

yeah but it's crap
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    yeah but it's crap
                    Heh and you think the US Scifi channel is much better? I think they did a bargain basement purchase of every movie with a CGI monster eating stupid teenagers in the woods

Comment

Working...
                    X