This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fearing the end of season 10.

I'm scared to be honest. Will there be a Season 11? If not...I might...I don't know..I've become so attached to the SGC and its characters...I mean I just watched the first two eps of Atlantis and its no SG-1! Does anyone else feel the same way? Will there be a Season 11?

Originally posted by phalnax
    I'm scared to be honest. Will there be a Season 11? If not...I might...I don't know..I've become so attached to the SGC and its characters...I mean I just watched the first two eps of Atlantis and its no SG-1! Does anyone else feel the same way? Will there be a Season 11?
    There will probably be a season 13. There's nothing to worry about. Stargate is doing very good, I can't see any reason they'd pull the show.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Fingers crossed for good enough ratings to get season 11, and then 12 and then 13 and.....
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Theres no need to fear i dont think, the stargate universe has a life of its own, it would take something momentous to kill it. i fully expect sg1 to go on for a while yet maybe season 13, 14 prehaps, still sg1 will probably end but there's atlantis, and i've heard things a bout a third series and another movie. So sg1 or not stargate will go on.

Comment

I highly doubt the show will be cancelled anytime soon, the success of the whole franchise seems to be growing across the world. It would be stupid of MGM and Scifi to cancel it now, especially with all the new stories to tell!

I love both shows, I don't know what I would do without them!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
            I highly doubt the show will be cancelled anytime soon, the success of the whole franchise seems to be growing across the world. It would be stupid of MGM and Scifi to cancel it now, especially with all the new stories to tell!

I love both shows, I don't know what I would do without them!
            I'd probably die of a broken heart. If stargate went off the air and they stopped producing the show, does that mean the GWF would close as well? Because I just don't think I'd be able to survive.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
              MGM definitely wants SG-1 to continue, it all depends on Skiffy...

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                MGM definitely wants SG-1 to continue, it all depends on Skiffy...
                It's SONY that owns the rights to the Stargate franchise now.

Best Stargate quote:
                Green is your friend.

Comment

well, I've read somewhere that some season 11 contracts were signed, so its possible I guess.

I hope to see the show go on till season 12 or so.

Comment

It`s not just down to ratings. The continued renewal of SG-1 also relies on good old fashioned dollars.
                    The stars both old and new are going to be getting paid more and more every season. Add to that the continuing cost of fx/staffing/set construction/etc.

SG-1 currently costs $1 million an episode to make. Eventually Sony/Skiffy will decide they`re not getting enough bang for their buck and pull the plug.

The ratings for Farscape were fine but it was cancelled because it was just too expensive to make ($3 million an episode!)

I just hope the pulling of the plug is not for many seasons yet...
                    Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                    Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                      well, I've read somewhere that some season 11 contracts were signed, so its possible I guess.
                      Depends on the ratings and the financial issues. Every contract has the "out" option. Fingers crossed...

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k5
                        It`s not just down to ratings. The continued renewal of SG-1 also relies on good old fashioned dollars.
                        The stars both old and new are going to be getting paid more and more every season. Add to that the continuing cost of fx/staffing/set construction/etc.

SG-1 currently costs $1 million an episode to make. Eventually Sony/Skiffy will decide they`re not getting enough bang for their buck and pull the plug.

The ratings for Farscape were fine but it was cancelled because it was just too expensive to make ($3 million an episode!)

I just hope the pulling of the plug is not for many seasons yet...
                        Where did you hear about these $3 million per Farscape episode? I don't think the costs were THAT HUGE. It was because Vivendi (the owner of SciFi Channel in 2002) and EM-TV (the owner of Jim Henson Company in 2002) were on the edge of bancruptcy.

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance. I'd probably die if the Stargate universe was taken off t.v. K

Comment

Originally posted by phalnax
                            Thanks for the reassurance. I'd probably die if the Stargate universe was taken off t.v. K
                            I guess we'll find out around November whether we'll get season 11. And welcome aboard, btw

Comment

I think we'll be getting a season eleven, but beyond that, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X