PDA

View Full Version : Unas vs. Wraith

Clinux
July 6th, 2006, 08:12 AM
The Unas are pretty strong and it takes alot to bring one down or kill one, I wonder how well an Unas would fair against a Wraith. Maybe the Unas would be an incompatible food source for the Wraith as discussed in another thread. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=30526

So it could possibly be a good fight, I personally think an Unas would tear the Wraith's arms off.

kirmit
July 6th, 2006, 08:16 AM
i think the unas wuld win, even tho they arent nearly as smart the unas in a hand to hand combat wuld b more primal and wuld most likely tear the wraith to bits

SG-1ssm
July 6th, 2006, 08:18 AM
The Unas are pretty strong and it takes alot to bring one down or kill one, I wonder how well an Unas would fair against a Wraith. Maybe the Unas would be an incompatible food source for the Wraith as discussed in another thread. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=30526

So it could possibly be a good fight, I personally think an Unas would tear the Wraith's arms off.
I think that the Waith would win in the end but the Unas would do some serious damage to it.

Clinux
July 6th, 2006, 08:59 AM
i think the unas wuld win, even tho they arent nearly as smart the unas in a hand to hand combat wuld b more primal and wuld most likely tear the wraith to bits

Yes I agree, the Unas would tear the Wraith apart; and the Unas are not very smart, but I'm sure they could spell the words "would", "be" & "though". Lazy english man :(

rarocks24
July 6th, 2006, 09:42 AM
I think the Wraith would win :P. What, I do....:rolleyes:

sarge
July 6th, 2006, 09:50 AM
If the Unas got close – no more wraith.
But the wraith are a lot smarter then the Unas. I say the wraith would stand off and stun the heck out of the Unas then go in for the kill.

so my money's on the wraith.

JoblessTobias
July 6th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I would shoot them both, then i win...
AS for unas being dumb, they pretty smart.

Clinux
July 6th, 2006, 10:46 AM
How about and Unas with a Goa'uld in it's head, then it will have some regeneration ability. I think that combo would definatley beat down the Wraith, not to mention the Unas/Goa'uls could then use the hand device to shiels itself from the Wraith's energy weapon.

sci_fi_child
July 6th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Wraith.

They have pretty, pointy guns that make it generally easy to kill someone...even if that someone was an Unas

Clinux
July 6th, 2006, 12:26 PM
I think the the Unas would do a Hulk Hogan leg drop on the Wraith and sqaush him like the insect they evolved from. :)

pavaneofstars
July 6th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I think it would be one heck of a fight. They would both beat the crap out of each other. Assuming the Wraith could feed on the Unas, if the Wraith got the upper hand he would win.

rarocks24
July 6th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Wraith.

They have pretty, pointy guns that make it generally easy to kill someone...even if that someone was an Unas
The wraith don't have handheld deathguns. All they have are stunners, so they can immobilize their prey. ;)

Eye Of Ra
July 6th, 2006, 01:41 PM
i would say the unas well thats the 1 i would put my money on. :)

2ndgenerationalteran
July 6th, 2006, 01:51 PM
depends how long ago did our wraith eat?

Clinux
July 6th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Let's assume the Wraith had finished feeding a couple hours before the Unas showed up to kick it's butt. I still say the Unas!

Also the insect that the Wraith half evolved from kind of reminds me of a mosquito, I wonder if the the Atlantis team sprayed themselves with "Off" if that would keep the Wraith away.

Unorthodox
July 6th, 2006, 01:59 PM
depends how long ago did our wraith eat?

Or, rather, can he eat an Unas? If he can't, then it's technology vs. nature. Now, like someone said, if were a Unas/Goa'uld combo, fully equipped with a zat and a hand device, and the Wraith carried a stunner, then it would be the Unas. The Unas/Goa'uld has both a long-range stun weapon (like the Wraith), but he also has a decent-range hand device that the Wraith does not.

Still, I doubt this fantasy will be played out.

freyr's mother
July 6th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Look, there is no competition if it's an Unas vs. a Wraith because the wraith will just stun the Unas and then feed off of him or coccun (sp?) him for later comsumption.

2ndgenerationalteran
July 6th, 2006, 02:05 PM
a fully fed wraith that attacks a goulded unas, and once it starts to feed the gould goes "screw this" and jumps into the wraith.

gould wins :D

Prior_of_the_Ori
July 6th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Depends on which class really. The Warrior Drones or the Commanders. Commanders could probably confuse the Unas with telepathic illusions.

2ndgenerationalteran
July 6th, 2006, 02:07 PM
unas v. a queen?

Clinux
July 6th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Depends on which class really. The Warrior Drones or the Commanders. Commanders could probably confuse the Unas with telepathic illusions.

Good point, I forgot the Wraith can make you see things.

freyr's mother
July 6th, 2006, 02:09 PM
The warriors could probably confuse the unas too. After all, they are the same species.

Clinux
July 6th, 2006, 02:37 PM
The wraith don't have handheld deathguns. All they have are stunners, so they can immobilize their prey. ;)

I bet a Unas could stun the hell out of a Wraith from about 40 yards or so by throwing a good sized rock and knocking the Wraith upside its head! :D

Clinux
July 7th, 2006, 07:45 AM
The warriors could probably confuse the unas too. After all, they are the same species.

Are those masks the warriors are wearing or are their faces just messed up looking? The other Wraiths just look like canabalistic catfish.

plaw15
July 9th, 2006, 12:05 AM
the wraith would eat that unas for breakfast, literally.

the fifth man
July 9th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Hard for me to pick, really. The Wraith is definitely smarter than an Unas, so could find a way to win if careful. However, IMO, if an Unas got ahold of a Wraith, it would be game over. The Unas would probably rip the Wraith in half.

konartis
July 9th, 2006, 12:42 AM
all the wraith has to do is mess with the unas mind. then attack at the right moment then eat him.

the fifth man
July 9th, 2006, 12:49 AM
all the wraith has to do is mess with the unas mind. then attack at the right moment then eat him.

I don't know. An Unas might give a Wraith a serious case of indigestion.:D

Pasankoon
July 9th, 2006, 01:31 AM
I personally think (hand to hand) the wraith would beat the unas but it would be a pretty close fight. This Unas will be tougher (ie take more hits) and stronger (physical streangth) but the wraith despite beng less tough and brute-force it has better regeneration (can heel hits quicker if it managed to get out of the way for a short period of time) and would be much faster and agile and also smart enough to utilise that speed in the form of fighting techniques.

But in the case of a goulded unus the wraith wouldn't stand a chance. not only will it have an almost similar regeneration rate its streangth and especially toughness (that unus took like a 2 full P90 clips and still had the will to remain standing and hold of teal'c) is so far ahead of the wraith.

captain jake
July 9th, 2006, 02:01 AM

Alright hear it is if a wraith came into the fight with no gun the unas would win because of sheer strength. Now if a wraith came into the fight with a weapon the wraith would win 8 out of 10 times. However if we are talking about a unas/gou'ald the unas/Gou'ald would take the wraith anyday of the week.

Ouroboros
July 9th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Theres a couple ways this could go depending on circumstances.

-If the fight allows weapons it's a virtually instant and cheap win for the Wraith.

-If it's a queen or keeper Wraith the victory is just as cheep via the whole psychic paralysis thing.

-In unarmed combat the Wraith have demonstrated martial arts type fighting skill and Teyla described them as being extremely good fighters. The Unas by contrast is little more than an animal in terms of training and thus will fight like one. Against an adversary of similar strength and endurance like a Wraith who has the added advantage of actual martial training it's going to be at a disadvantage.

-The average Wraith will have had centuries or millenia to train these martial skills if he does indeed practice them.

-The Wraith sucker hands would seem like a legitimate way to actually kill someone in unarmed combat fairly quickly.

The only advantages the Unas has are physical strength and durability but in my opinion those are offset by the fact that the Wraith actually has close combat training while the Unas will just fight with predictable instinctive behavior.

Demonique
July 9th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Are those masks the warriors are wearing or are their faces just messed up looking? The other Wraiths just look like canabalistic catfish.

I think they're masks. For some reason the wraith drones remind me of masked Yaut'ja (AKA predators), though in the case of the Wraith it's hair and not tentacles billowing out behind their heads.

sarc
July 9th, 2006, 04:32 PM
It would depend on which species is harder to kill. The Unas with an implanted Goa'uld seems to be more resilient, easily making it the victor over a Wraith

Pasankoon
July 10th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Theres a couple ways this could go depending on circumstances.

-If the fight allows weapons it's a virtually instant and cheap win for the Wraith.

-If it's a queen or keeper Wraith the victory is just as cheep via the whole psychic paralysis thing.

-In unarmed combat the Wraith have demonstrated martial arts type fighting skill and Teyla described them as being extremely good fighters. The Unas by contrast is little more than an animal in terms of training and thus will fight like one. Against an adversary of similar strength and endurance like a Wraith who has the added advantage of actual martial training it's going to be at a disadvantage.

-The average Wraith will have had centuries or millenia to train these martial skills if he does indeed practice them.

-The Wraith sucker hands would seem like a legitimate way to actually kill someone in unarmed combat fairly quickly.

The only advantages the Unas has are physical strength and durability but in my opinion those are offset by the fact that the Wraith actually has close combat training while the Unas will just fight with predictable instinctive behavior.

I agree, Very good reasonning

Peoples_General
July 13th, 2006, 04:03 AM

Really? So if you had your average Black Belted Karate practitioner... do you think he will survive an attack by a wild animal like say... a Tiger?

captain jake
July 13th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Thats a good point but is the strength difference between a tiger and a human the same as a wraith and unas?

Ouroboros
July 14th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Really? So if you had your average Black Belted Karate practitioner... do you think he will survive an attack by a wild animal like say... a Tiger?

A Tiger enjoys a far greater disparity in strength, speed and natural weapons over a Karate practitioner than an Unas would over a Wraith. The Tiger's body is also built in such a different way that the methods it uses to attack will also be completely different from anything the Karate master has trained for.

A Unas, unlike a Tiger, is a man sized creature that stands upright and fights with its forelimbs and possibly feet or teeth if it gets really creative. As such the majority of its attacks are going to consist of things like claw swipes and maybe puches. Undisciplined attacks from untrained individuals like these are the first thing a martial artist learns how to counter and defeat.

The Wraith will concievably be able to trap limbs and break them and/or throw the Unas to the ground, sidestep his strikes and hit him in return or engage his sucker hands at any stage as part of these counters or attacks.

Look at the fight between Michael and Teyla. During that intense sparring they were doing he managed to slip a fast strike through her guard that turned into a throw which would have ended with her on the floor and him sucking her life out had he still been a Wraith. They train that "lock into life suck" move into their fighting. That's to say that where a trained human might look for say, an opening to land a punch to the chin of his oppoent and score a KO, a Wraith will be looking for an opening to land that grab on the chest and kill the other guy with it.

When Teyla fought Steve she also lost in seconds despite being armed and an experienced stick fighter and the Wraith having no weapons but his hands.

I'm really not seeing a win for the Unas here. It's basically slighty stronger guy with no training vs almost as strong guy with possibly 100s or 1000s of years of training and experience.

Mclean
June 5th, 2008, 04:21 PM
The Unas would win if it was hand to hand. But if there were weapons I would bet on the Wraith (unless if it was Chaka who can use Staff Weapons and Zatts).

stargate01
June 21st, 2008, 12:32 PM
but could the wraith feed on it or are they immune.

DOUG-O
June 26th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I would have to say the Wraith would feed on the Unas like it was thank's given

DOUG-O
June 26th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I would have to say the Wraith would feed on the unas like it was thank's given