This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 10 in Canada?

So...anyone heard if/when we will get SG1 season 10 up here? I've heard that we won't get it until August 2007. Not sure if this is true or not...hopefully not cause I can't wait a YEAR!

PS...I checked and I haven't found another thread on this topic.
    Hero worship is only a part time job

Originally posted by BlueCat...Gater
    So...anyone heard if/when we will get SG1 season 10 up here? I've heard that we won't get it until August 2007. Not sure if this is true or not...hopefully not cause I can't wait a YEAR!

PS...I checked and I haven't found another thread on this topic.
    Here is a thread from the SPACECAST forums, look for posts by the user "mask!" as he is part of the production team (or something, I don't quite remember exactly) at SPACE.

http://forums.spacecast.com/forums/236865/ShowPost.aspx

From this we can assume that the very earliest that Season Ten will air is June 2007.
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Hey thanks for the info. So...I wonder why if Space has the rights to air season 10 (according to Mask!) they won't until summer 2007? Maybe another network will pick it up then. Waiting for 'general release' takes too long in my opinion.

Comment

One of Mask's posts the other day said to expect the season around the same time as last year, October/November 2006. And that they don't usually know the schedule at this time anyway. SPACE has secured the rights.

It is highly doubtful that we will have to wait until 2007, so lets not panic prematurly.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
          One of Mask's posts the other day said to expect the season around the same time as last year, October/November 2006. And that they don't usually know the schedule at this time anyway. SPACE has secured the rights.

It is highly doubtful that we will have to wait until 2007, so lets not panic prematurly.
          Ok...any panicking has been averted So hopefully they'll give us a schedule soon.

Comment

Ok...any panicking has been averted So hopefully they'll give us a schedule soon.
            I wouldn't expect the schedule too soon- I believe the post also said that they won't know until the end of summer. We'll just have to sit back and wait for awhile.

SPACE is going to have quite the fall line-up this year from the sounds of things- SG-1, BSG, Eureka, possibly Atlantis season two, 4400 season three, and that's just what I watch. There certainly won't be any lack of things to watch.

Comment

I wouldn't expect the schedule too soon- I believe the post also said that they won't know until the end of summer. We'll just have to sit back and wait for awhile.

SPACE is going to have quite the fall line-up this year from the sounds of things- SG-1, BSG, Eureka, possibly Atlantis season two, 4400 season three, and that's just what I watch. There certainly won't be any lack of things to watch.
              When I searched through the SPACECAST forums, the most recent post by Mask! was the one saying that they would not have Season Ten until 2007. I am overjoyced of the news that it will be sooner, but could you please send me a link of it?
              sigpic
              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                When I searched through the SPACECAST forums, the most recent post by Mask! was the one saying that they would not have Season Ten until 2007. I am overjoyced of the news that it will be sooner, but could you please send me a link of it?
                I'll go back and look for it- I read it a few days ago and can't remember where so this may take some time.

Comment

Why wait when you can...uh...nevermind.

Comment

No wonder I had trouble finding the post Taonas, we read the same one, but you must have missed the quotes of the post above (I almost missed it as well, and yes, started panicing). Here it is:

I have no idea where you got your information.
                    'Again the point of the comment was simply to say Space has no rights (period) to air season 10 at this point which means they will be airing it when it hits general release (in 1 year + timeframe - so think July/August+ 2007) so for those looking for SG1 they need to look elsewhere. While the timeframe for season 10 to air has no been confirmed it is confirmed that season 10 is not in the schedule for September 2006 through May of 2007.'
                    As I've stated several times before SPACE has the rights to season 10, but contractually we can't air it yet, and there is no projected airdate either.
                    In the case of many shows one broadcaster owns the rights for a certain period of time, and until these rights clear the second broadcaster cannot air the show. (It doesn't matter whether or not the first broadcaster actually airs the show...)
                    The red part is a quote by someone who does not work for SPACE. The blue part is what's important. And everything in black and blue is stated by Mask!.

And further on in the same thread:
                    Remember- this is still very early in the 'tv purchasing' schedule. Not all the deals are done.
                    m.
                    http://forums.spacecast.com/forums/237062/ShowPost.aspx

I also found info on the BSG schedule, which I posted in the BSG forum (namely SPACE will be trying to air season three episodes within 48 hours of their counterparts on Sci-fi, and BSG season two will not be re-aired before then).

Comment

No wonder I had trouble finding the post Taonas, we read the same one, but you must have missed the quotes of the post above (I almost missed it as well, and yes, started panicing). Here it is:

The red part is a quote by someone who does not work for SPACE. The blue part is what's important. And everything in black and blue is stated by Mask!.

I also found info on the BSG schedule, which I posted in the BSG forum (namely SPACE will be trying to air season three episodes within 48 hours of their counterparts on Sci-fi, and BSG season two will not be re-aired before then).
                      Thank you so very much! Green for you!

I really started to panic when I first read that. Phew... At least now I know that we have at the very least a chance to see it in the Fall.

EDIT: Also, excellent news on BSG! Practically no waiting!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I really wouldn't worry too much, Mask! won't be speaking directly from the side of optimism over when the show will air, but more neutral so as not to get hopes up and later disapoint SPACE viewers, and be accused of relaying false info.

Hopefully everything will be sorted out over the next couple months and by September we'll be looking at a schedule.

And to add to that, Mask! also directly stated that 4400 season three will be airing in the fall. So all round we're getting good news. I think I might start a general sci-fi thread collecting all these tid-bits on airing dates for SPACE, just to keep things clear for Canadian Gateworlders. There have been too many mix-ups.

Comment

I really wouldn't worry too much, Mask! won't be speaking directly from the side of optimism over when the show will air, but more neutral so as not to get hopes up and later disapoint SPACE viewers, and be accused of relaying false info.

Hopefully everything will be sorted out over the next couple months and by September we'll be looking at a schedule.

And to add to that, Mask! also directly stated that 4400 season three will be airing in the fall. So all round we're getting good news. I think I might start a general sci-fi thread collecting all these tid-bits on airing dates for SPACE, just to keep things clear for Canadian Gateworlders. There have been too many mix-ups.
                          The General thread sounds like a great idea and if there's anything I can do to contribute to it, just ask.

Though, to point out most of the mix-ups have been caused at the SPACECAST forums because of people asking the same damn question over and over until eventually there are so many threads that we don't know which is the right one.

Again, thanks for the info.
                          sigpic

Comment

I read that post and did find it confusing indeed! Thanks for the info. Next question: So I wonder who the other broadcaster is that's holding things up: 'one broadcaster owns the rights for a certain period of time, and until these rights clear the second broadcaster cannot air the show' Because it would be really nice to have season 10 48 hours after Sci-Fi. Yes...I'm impatient and nosy. Well all things said, I'm hoping we get to see S10 beginning in Nov like last year. At least we catch up in the new year to the US and don't have that long hiatus between the first and second half of the season.
                            Last edited by BlueCat...Gater; 07 July 2006, 05:06 AM.

Comment

I read that post and did find it confusing indeed! Thanks for the info. Next question: So I wonder who the other broadcaster is that's holding things up: 'one broadcaster owns the rights for a certain period of time, and until these rights clear the second broadcaster cannot air the show' Because it would be really nice to have season 10 48 hours after Sci-Fi. Yes...I'm impatient and nosy. Well all things said, I'm hoping we get to see S10 beginning in Nov like last year. At least we catch up in the new year to the US and don't have that long hiatus between the first and second half of the season.
                              We'll never get Stargate within 48 of sci-fi if they uphold their schedule- SPACE will not do a mid-season split, and will not air the show in the summer. I'm not sure whether to think that this is a good or bad thing- I don't like the idea of the split, and I'm not overly fond of a summer schedule, so I can see their point.

This was pretty much the entire reasoning behind last year's schedule for both SG-1 and BSG and is why we now get BSG roughly the same time as the sci-fi.

As for what you highlighted in blue, that got little confusing, I believe it reffers to Atlantis and the TMN- in the original post it was a seperate paragraph from the SG-1 explanation, and one of the questions in the thread was about whether Atlantis would be airing.

Comment

Working...
                              X