PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon novel

JMSwallow
July 5th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Hi; just wanted to let folks know that I've posted some information and cover art for my upcoming Stargate Atlantis novel Halcyon on my website - Click Here (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/redwingproject/sga.htm) to visit.

I'll be adding more content in the coming months after the book's release, including author notes and commentary...

Darren
July 5th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Excellent! Thanks for the peek, James!

HirogenGater
July 5th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Sounds interesting.

prion
July 5th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Hi; just wanted to let folks know that I've posted some information and cover art for my upcoming Stargate Atlantis novel Halcyon on my website - Click Here (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/redwingproject/sga.htm) to visit.

I'll be adding more content in the coming months after the book's release, including author notes and commentary...

I clicked, but AOl said the site didn't exist. Another AOHELL error or is the site gone? :(

Never mind. It finally worked (AOL error), plus I got better stuff off your LIveJournal. Book sounds promising, and it comes out the day after the season premieres!

sueKay
July 5th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Looks fantastic :D

Will definitely be buying your novel, cos I loved your short story :D

JMSwallow
July 5th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Looks fantastic :D
Will definitely be buying your novel, cos I loved your short story :D

Thanks, Sue (and everyone else). I was glad to get a chance to write about Ford in the short story, as he doesn't appear in Halcyon. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I enjoyed writing it...

parisindy
July 10th, 2006, 08:18 PM
i just got a note from amazon canada saying that the book will no longer be available for me to order/buy

Elite Anubis Guard
July 11th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Sounds good and the cover is pretty nice. Any eta on a excerpt?

JMSwallow
July 11th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Sounds good and the cover is pretty nice. Any eta on a excerpt?

It's my understanding that there'll be an excerpt in Sabine Bauer's Stargate SG-1 novel Survival of the Fittest.

prion
July 11th, 2006, 03:53 AM
i just got a note from amazon canada saying that the book will no longer be available for me to order/buy

What's up with that?

Elite Anubis Guard
July 11th, 2006, 06:41 AM
It's my understanding that there'll be an excerpt in Sabine Bauer's Stargate SG-1 novel Survival of the Fittest.
Which was due out yesterday lol

Naonak
July 11th, 2006, 06:47 AM
I know you should never judge a book by its cover, but I've gotta say that the cover is sweet!
Sounds cool - finally, the SAS are in Stargate!

prion
July 11th, 2006, 08:52 AM

And darn, I don't see it on the Fandemonium site either :(

Mousie
July 12th, 2006, 05:20 AM
And darn, I don't see it on the Fandemonium site either :(

Where were you looking? It's still listed under the books section - it says it's not yet published.

prion
July 12th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Where were you looking? It's still listed under the books section - it says it's not yet published.

Smacks self with dead trout :o Looked everywhere but there. Thanks! But darn, in the NYP listing.....

localfocus
July 17th, 2006, 10:44 AM
It's now supposed to be released, but is still not in the Bookshop on the stargatenovels.com page. Has there been a delay? I wish you could preorder books there. Much faster shipping than the 4-6 weeks amazon tells you. I want to read this so bad.

Elite Anubis Guard
July 17th, 2006, 11:20 AM
James, whats up with Fandemonium? Isnt the new SG1 novel ready or is there something wrong wtih the printers again?

Gate Geek
July 17th, 2006, 04:02 PM
I've noticed Fandemonium never releases the books when they say. But its no big deal. I still love em. :)
On another note, I was surprised to see Halcyon being published on a Saturday. Usually new books come out on Thursday.

JMSwallow
July 19th, 2006, 02:53 AM
James, whats up with Fandemonium? Isnt the new SG1 novel ready or is there something wrong wtih the printers again?

I flipped through Sabine Bauer's new Stargate SG-1 novel Survival of the Fittest and I'm pleased to announce there's an excerpt from Halcyon in there!

Elite Anubis Guard
July 19th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Awesome. I've been enjoying the Atlantis line a fair bit. I think they started a lot stronger than the SG1 line and I can not wait to read yours. You gonna be putting an online extract on soon?

Elite Anubis Guard
July 20th, 2006, 04:39 AM
I flipped through Sabine Bauer's new Stargate SG-1 novel Survival of the Fittest and I'm pleased to announce there's an excerpt from Halcyon in there!

Have you actually read the other Atlantis/SG1 books? I mean, Sally threw nods to Sacrifice Moon. Do you give the other books little nods of recognition?

JMSwallow
July 21st, 2006, 12:52 AM
Have you actually read the other Atlantis/SG1 books? I mean, Sally threw nods to Sacrifice Moon. Do you give the other books little nods of recognition?

Yeah, I've read a few (but not all) of the other SG1/SGA novels.
I like to drop in "kisses with continuity" whenever I can, but because of the timescale for writing a book, when I started work on Halcyon only one Atlantis novel had been published, which was Sally's great adaptation of the pilot - so I couldn't really refer to the events of Reliquary or The Chosen. But I have tried to make Halcyon fit with TV continuity - it takes place during the second season, between 'Runner' and 'The Lost Boys'.

Gate Geek
July 22nd, 2006, 08:19 PM
Any update to when the book is to be available? I know it was originally slated for publication in June and then got pushed back until the 15th of July. I haven't seen it for sale yet. I am eager to read this book!! Thanks!

JMSwallow
July 23rd, 2006, 01:18 AM
Any update to when the book is to be available? I know it was originally slated for publication in June and then got pushed back until the 15th of July. I haven't seen it for sale yet. I am eager to read this book!! Thanks!

I'm told it will be August 7th.

Gate Geek
July 23rd, 2006, 06:50 AM
I'm told it will be August 7th.

Thanks for the heads up. But, Argh!!! That's too long to wait. Can I ask what the hold up is?

So do you know if this will push back the publication of SGA Exogenesis that was to be scheduled to be published mid August then? I can't imagine releasing two SGA books in one month.

edit:spelling

Elite Anubis Guard
July 23rd, 2006, 07:15 AM
They used to release a new book every month but with their choatic publishing dates lately, you never know. Its a good job these books are worth the wait lol

Gate Geek
July 23rd, 2006, 03:31 PM
They used to release a new book every month but with their choatic publishing dates lately, you never know. Its a good job these books are worth the wait lol

LOL, they sure are worth the wait! :) Halcyon sounds to be a good read. I need some new reading material!

JMSwallow
July 25th, 2006, 02:44 AM
I'm glad you guys are so enthusiastic about the books! But you have to understand that in the book biz sometimes publication dates do slip - and with tie-in novels like these there's a whole layer of extra work that has to be done to get them out on sale, because of approvals from MGM and so on. Fandemonium is only a very small publisher and they're hard-workin' folks, so please be patient!

Gate Geek
July 25th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I'm glad you guys are so enthusiastic about the books! But you have to understand that in the book biz sometimes publication dates do slip - and with tie-in novels like these there's a whole layer of extra work that has to be done to get them out on sale, because of approvals from MGM and so on. Fandemonium is only a very small publisher and they're hard-workin' folks, so please be patient!

Thank you! I know absolutely nothing about the book business. Having some inside details why things are delayed so long the wait is easier to accept. When there is no reason/explanation given and publication dates come and go, its gets frustrating and most irritating.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post here, answering our questions and keeping us on the loop.

So can we get any more insights into Halcyon? How about a excerpt to read? :)

Elite Anubis Guard
July 26th, 2006, 11:26 PM
I had actually gone round bookmarking all the authors sites because I was planning on doing a novel website and wanted authors to interview. Perhaps you'd like to do a Ask Authors thread and try and get more authors on here?

JMSwallow
July 27th, 2006, 03:16 AM
Okay guys, as requested I've put a short clip from Halcyon up on my website. The main SGA page is Here (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/redwingproject/sga.htm) and the excerpt is Here (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/redwingproject/sga3.htm).

So can we get any more insights into Halcyon?

It's a collision-of-ideals story. Our heroes venture to a planet where war is a permanent condition and life is cheap; what starts out as a diplomatic mission soon spirals out of control into danger and jeopardy for the whole Atlantis team. Expect to see palace intrigue, action and daring-do, and a fair bit of stuff blowin' up.

I had actually gone round bookmarking all the authors sites because I was planning on doing a novel website and wanted authors to interview. Perhaps you'd like to do a Ask Authors thread and try and get more authors on here?

I'm always willing to do interviews, time permitting. An Ask the Authors section sounds like a cool idea; my fellow SG author Karen Miller is also posting here on Gateworld.

Elite Anubis Guard
July 27th, 2006, 04:33 AM
I'll ask David to set up a thread for it then. Thanks.

Gate Geek
July 27th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Okay guys, as requested I've put a short clip from Halcyon up on my website. The main SGA page is Here (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/redwingproject/sga.htm) and the excerpt is Here (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/redwingproject/sga3.htm).

It's a collision-of-ideals story. Our heroes venture to a planet where war is a permanent condition and life is cheap; what starts out as a diplomatic mission soon spirals out of control into danger and jeopardy for the whole Atlantis team. Expect to see palace intrigue, action and daring-do, and a fair bit of stuff blowin' up.

Just read the excerpt. Very well done. You captured the characters quite well. Is it August 7th yet???

I'm always willing to do interviews, time permitting. An Ask the Authors section sounds like a cool idea; my fellow SG author Karen Miller is also posting here on Gateworld.

Thank you! I still find it amazing that you all would take the time to talk us.

Elite Anubis Guard
July 27th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Woot, Brits. I'm excited already.

JMSwallow
July 28th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Thank you! I still find it amazing that you all would take the time to talk us.

I'm a fan of the 'Gates, so I swing by this site on a regular basis for all the latest info; plus this is also a good timewaster instead of actually writing. :mckay09:

KarenMiller
July 28th, 2006, 02:24 AM
Great excerpt, Jim. I'm looking forward to the real deal! And congrats also on the Ford short in the OM. Very nicely done.

You're right, of course ... hanging here is way more exciting than wrestling the latest first draft to the ground ... :cool:

I'd be happy to rabbit on in an Author thread, too. Basically, I just like to rabbit.

JMSwallow
July 30th, 2006, 02:07 AM
/\/\/\ Thanks for the support, Karen!

I'd be happy to rabbit on in an Author thread, too. Basically, I just like to rabbit.

Yeah, me too. I love to chat about writing and how cool it is to have this job, as anyone who has seen me at conventions will attest!

sonny1
July 30th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Great excerpt, Jim. I'm looking forward to the real deal! And congrats also on the Ford short in the OM. Very nicely done.

You're right, of course ... hanging here is way more exciting than wrestling the latest first draft to the ground ... :cool:

LOLOL! Okay, I guess I should 'fess up. I wandered by to get a couple of references for my thesis, popped into this thread to see what James was up to (ditto on the short story, BTW James, loved it!), and here I find you all hanging out around the water cooler. Karen, I figured you'd be watching LoTR on Channel 7 since the buggers don't seem to be much use for anything else.

If by chance someone does start up an author thread, I'll drop by as an excuse to sideline my exegesis. Mind you, I'll use *anything* as an excuse to do that <g>.

KarenMiller
July 30th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Yup ... when you look up the definition of writer in the dictionary, what you get is See Procrastinator.;)

JMSwallow
July 31st, 2006, 02:16 AM
Hey Sonny, welcome to the party. We'll see you over at 'Ask the Authors'!

prion
August 19th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Dear Stargate Fan,

STARGATE ATLANTIS: HALCYON, by James Swallow, has been published. James is
an experienced and successful science fiction author with many original and
TV/film tie-in novels to his credit, and we at Fandemonium are pleased to
have the opportunity to work with him on this really great book.

In HALCYON, the Atlantis team visit a world where the tables have been
turned on the Wraith and the hunters have become the hunted. But Halcyon is
a feudal society where the various ruling elites constantly vie for power
over their rivals, and the Atlantis team may be just the thing to tip the
balance in favour of one side over the other...

STARGATE ATLANTIS: HALCYON is available directly from us by visiting
www.stargatenovels.com (ships in 1-2 days) or you can find it at your
favorite US and UK book stores.

Book details are:
Title: STARGATE ATLANTIS: HALCYON
Author: James Swallow
ISBN: 1-905586-01-9
Price: UK £6.99 | US $7.95

Hope you enjoy this latest installment in the continuing Stargate adventure!

Best regards,
Tom
Stargate Novels
www.stargatenovels.com
tom[at]stargatenovels.com

STARGATE SG-1 ©1997-2006 MGM Television Entertainment Inc./MGM Global
Holdings Inc. STARGATE SG-1 is a trademark of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios
Inc. All Rights Reserved. STARGATE: ATLANTIS ©2004-2006 MGM Global Holdings
Inc. STARGATE: ATLANTIS is a trademark of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

Elite Anubis Guard
August 20th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Grr, I only just got SotF!

Gate Geek
August 21st, 2006, 05:43 AM
Ordered mine on Saturday. Just waiting for it to ship and arrive in my mailbox. *sigh* I hate waiting for a good read!!!

Elite Anubis Guard
August 22nd, 2006, 11:49 AM
Woot. Ordered it.

JMSwallow
August 23rd, 2006, 08:16 AM
Got my author copies today. Cool. :sheppardanime23:

Elite Anubis Guard
August 23rd, 2006, 09:50 AM
Mind telling me who's on the spine?

JMSwallow
August 24th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Mind telling me who's on the spine?

Odd question...

It's Rodney (looking rather smug).

Elite Anubis Guard
August 24th, 2006, 09:34 AM
I have a thing about the spines...wierd, I know but still. I got my copy today.

Gate Geek
August 24th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I have a thing about the spines...wierd, I know but still. I got my copy today.

I am so jealous!! I'm still waiting for it to be shipped. Probably because I ordered some SG1 books too....If I would've known, I would have just ordered Halcyon.

Post your thoughts when you're done reading it. Please?

KarenMiller
August 24th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Odd question...

It's Rodney (looking rather smug).

What other expression does Rodney have???? ;)

JMSwallow
August 25th, 2006, 02:56 AM
What other expression does Rodney have???? ;)

Panic-stricken? Terrified?

Gate Geek
August 25th, 2006, 03:40 AM
My book shipped yesterday!!!!

So does Halcyoncontain any snippets from any other upcoming novels? I like to read those..... :D

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Nope. It doesn't. I'm a little fustrated now...I've almost finished SotF but I'm also in a Halo mood and half book 2 to read but I love Atlantis novels...so...bah.

Elite Anubis Guard
August 28th, 2006, 03:44 AM
Ya know the SAS folk? Are Lance and Bishop nods towards Lance Hendrikson's character in Aliens?

JMSwallow
August 29th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Ya know the SAS folk? Are Lance and Bishop nods towards Lance Hendrikson's character in Aliens?

Bishop is actually named after This Guy (http://viciousimagery.blogspot.com/); just one of many hidden references I've put in there...

KarenMiller
August 29th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Panic-stricken? Terrified?

And yet, with overtones of smugness ... ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
September 1st, 2006, 10:28 AM
Are the people who live on Halycon just called Halycons?

JMSwallow
September 2nd, 2006, 02:53 AM
Are the people who live on Halycon just called Halycons?

Or Halcyonites.

Gate Geek
September 4th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Finished reading Halcyon! Just coming off of watching Common Ground, I wonder how Sheppard would have felt and acted if this book was set after that episode.

I must say, the book provided some twists I was not expecting and that was a definate plus!

Mr. Swallow, I'm looking forward to your next adventure with the team!! Thanks!!!!!

JMSwallow
September 5th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Finished reading Halcyon! Just coming off of watching Common Ground, I wonder how Sheppard would have felt and acted if this book was set after that episode.
I must say, the book provided some twists I was not expecting and that was a definate plus!
Mr. Swallow, I'm looking forward to your next adventure with the team!! Thanks!!!!!

I appreciate the kind words, GG - glad you enjoyed the book. I'm hoping to tell more stories in the Stargate universe in the future...

Elite Anubis Guard
September 13th, 2006, 09:42 AM
I'm still reading it and I have to say it feels really wierd. Like a 3 part episode, each 100 pages having a different focus and storyline.

woodsie22
September 17th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Great book - I finished it last week, and had a hard time putting it down. The characterization was great, but I did notice that Rodney called Sheppard "John," which he's never done on the show.

Anyway, I loved the story and look forward to your next Stargate novel :-)

Elite Anubis Guard
September 18th, 2006, 10:32 AM
The characterization was great, but I did notice that Rodney called Sheppard "John," which he's never done on the show.
:-)

Yeah, it was usually Colonel and Major.

JMSwallow
October 12th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I'll be signing copies of my novel later this month at the London Expo show at the Excel Centre in London's Docklands, over the weekend of 28th-29th October. Joe Flanigan and Dan Shea will also be there representing Stargate, so come along and say hi - for more info click Here (http://www.londonexpo.com/index.shtml) to visit the event's official site.

KarenMiller
October 12th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I'll be signing copies of my novel later this month at the London Expo show at the Excel Centre in London's Docklands, over the weekend of 28th-29th October. Joe Flanigan and Dan Shea will also be there representing Stargate, so come along and say hi - for more info click Here (http://www.londonexpo.com/index.shtml) to visit the event's official site.

Wow! Have a terrific time, sell lots of books, make lots of new fans. I'd ask you to hug Joe Flanigan for me, but yanno, that might start a rumour ... ;)

KarenMiller
October 16th, 2006, 03:12 AM
And how's this for cool?

Halcyon's a bestseller in Sydney! Wheeee!

sueKay
October 16th, 2006, 07:29 AM
This book still isn't in any shops near me at all...I've asked at Waterstones and Borders and neither even knew about the book :(

And I really want to read it! I looked everywhere after I'd heard that people had bought it to no avail. :(

KarenMiller
October 16th, 2006, 07:56 PM
This book still isn't in any shops near me at all...I've asked at Waterstones and Borders and neither even knew about the book :(

And I really want to read it! I looked everywhere after I'd heard that people had bought it to no avail. :(

Well, since you're in the UK you could buy direct from the publisher, www.stargatenovels.com, or from Amazon.uk, your postage rates will be fine since they'll be internal.

I've heard fabulous things about this one, I'll be getting it soon myself, so don't give up!

JMSwallow
October 17th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Well, since you're in the UK you could buy direct from the publisher, www.stargatenovels.com, or from Amazon.uk, your postage rates will be fine since they'll be internal.

What Karen said - the nice folks at Fandemonium will be happy to take your money.

suse
October 17th, 2006, 08:44 AM
What Karen said - the nice folks at Fandemonium will be happy to take your money.

I've been trying to get it at my store in the USA. The wholesale distributor said it should be in by the end of the October. I'll be sure to pimp it!

Though it would be easier if it was SG-1 (pre-S9). My enthusiam for Atlantis isn't near what it is for the "big sister" show.That doesn't mean I won't read it. I typically liked the DS9 books better than the DS9 show. More time to spend on characters.

Suse

Gate Geek
October 17th, 2006, 09:17 AM
I would highly recommend buying the book directly from Fandemonium. For me, shipping costs to the US is around 2.50 USD. I've gotten the book within a week of placing my order too! They are truly great people to do business with.

Halcyon was an excellent read! Don't wait, order now!! :D :D :D

sonny1
October 19th, 2006, 01:22 PM
If anyone is down in Sydney next weekend (28th), I'll be at FSF with David Nykl, Rachel Luttrell and Tony Amendola, and all that morning and the following day at Supanova. I'll be signing both Atlantis and SG-1 novels.

Also, a heads up for Sydney in February 2007. bobw.com.au is featuring Joe Flanigan. I'll be there to run a writer's workshop, and signing all three of my Stargate novels (Exogenesis is out soon).

see ya there!

KarenMiller
October 21st, 2006, 08:56 PM
If anyone is down in Sydney next weekend (28th), I'll be at FSF with David Nykl, Rachel Luttrell and Tony Amendola, and all that morning and the following day at Supanova. I'll be signing both Atlantis and SG-1 novels.

Also, a heads up for Sydney in February 2007. bobw.com.au is featuring Joe Flannigan. I'll be there to run a writer's workshop, and signing all three of my Stargate novels (Exogenesis is out soon).

see ya there!

Have fun!

Elite Anubis Guard
October 23rd, 2006, 11:31 AM
I really should get back to this. I sort of got distracted by the Halo novels.

kaeyla
October 29th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Hello James its a pleasure to know that you post here . i wanted to say i love your novel- Halcyon- I particulary loved your Wraith, Scar- not enough is done seriously on the Wraith- nor is there much merchandise on the Wraith- I liked the way you wrote about him- as more than just cannon fodder for a p90 or a retro virus.

It has been the book i have enjoyed most from the Atlantis books-I hope you will write more of them, with another decent Wraith character. I just wanted to thank you for your book. sometime ago i felt inspired to create my own idea of what Scar looks like.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m172/wyvern_chick/DeaArt/halcyonwraith.jpg

Yeah i am one of those witches -the mead drinking dancing wiccan types witches!!

JMSwallow
October 30th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I just wanted to thank you for your book. sometime ago i felt inspired to create my own idea of what Scar looks like.

Wow.

That is really cool. Thank you Kaeyla, what an excellent piece of work. I'm glad you enjoyed Halcyon - I had a ball writing it and it was especially fun to do some storytelling from the Wraith side of things...

On another topic - While I'm here, I'd also like to say thanks to everyone who came by the Fandemonium stand at the London Expo this weekend to buy books and chat to Sally Malcolm and myself; Joe Flanigan joined us briefly and we'll hopefully have some images up on the official site in the near future.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 31st, 2006, 09:32 AM
Wow! That's an awesome picture!

And I've finally finished! Don't know why it took me so long. I think that I shouldn't have read it with super-analyst mindframe. Silly me. I'll re-read it again when Fandy is late with the latest publication :-P

I think you did a fantastic job with the characters, you hit their voices head on. The story itself was interesting, the Halycon people were some of the best races in any of the novels, and the series even. I loved how they had "tamed" the Wraith.

I couldn't help but squrim when it got to the Star Trek-esque everyone should follow our way of life, though. I hate that.

kaeyla
November 23rd, 2006, 11:16 AM
Thank you Elite Anubis Guard for liking the artworkHmmm I think The Halycon people were really well written too- though I would not like to live among their society,its a little too military, dictorial and structured for me. Through Scar and his pain, I could see them being the villains, oddly enough of this piece! I understood the Wraith better.

Thank you James for liking my artwork of Scar- once again thank you for the charactor of Scar. I am so sorry i did not go that convention- i almost got on a train to go to London ro that event. I was dressed fully as a Male Wraith commander from going nightclubbing, so you would have an odd visitor otherwise. I knew Joe was going but had I known you were going I would definately gone. I would have got you to sign my copy of Halycon or my artwork. Kicks myself up the derriere!

sueKay
November 23rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
After literally months searching for this book, I finally bought it on Monday and finished it today.

Fantastic book! The Halcyonite characters were very distinguished from each other and seemed to have strong, individual voices. The Atlantis team were great as well, especially Sheppard and Ronon :)

mckaychick
November 25th, 2006, 01:56 PM
when did the book come out???

sueKay
November 25th, 2006, 02:00 PM
It came out a few months ago

JMSwallow
November 30th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Just FYI; the folks over at the Brave New World roleplaying site have just posted a short interview with me about Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon. Click Here (http://www.bnw-rpg.com/Interviews/jswallow.html)to visit...

Rosehawk
December 30th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Just wanted to let you know how much I loved reading your Halcyon novel.
This was my first SGA book I have read. There was alot of action, never a dull moment, it was a fun book to read!!
I don't usually pay alot of attention to the merchandising part of Stargate but Sonny had posted her website link in one of the Zelenka threads back before the con there and I went in and found all the resources to find out about the books and I ordered a few.
Just wanted to say thanks for a great story, very well written and the characters were fantastic!!!
Now there is another way to enjoy SGA!!!

JMSwallow
January 1st, 2007, 11:52 AM
Just wanted to let you know how much I loved reading your Halcyon novel.

Thanks, Rosehawk - I'm glad you enjoyed the book.

CaptainFigment
August 10th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Does anyone know if this book is still available anywhere (ideally in the US)?

I tried buying it at stargatenovels.com, but the order wouldn't go through.
I tried ordering it at amazon.com, but they said it's no longer in stock and they don't anticipate getting more (i.e., they cancelled the order).

Almighty_Wookie
August 11th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Does anyone know if this book is still available anywhere (ideally in the US)?

I tried buying it at stargatenovels.com, but the order wouldn't go through.
I tried ordering it at amazon.com, but they said it's no longer in stock and they don't anticipate getting more (i.e., they cancelled the order).

It's widely available in the UK though websites like Play.com and any Waterstones store, but I'm not sure if they ship to the US. Have you tried eBay? I know there are a lot of bookstores around the world that have stores on there and sell a large amount of books on there. Might be worth a look.

Pepino1101
February 23rd, 2012, 07:06 AM
It's widely available in the UK though websites like Play.com and any Waterstones store, but I'm not sure if they ship to the US. Have you tried eBay? I know there are a lot of bookstores around the world that have stores on there and sell a large amount of books on there. Might be worth a look.

Its also available on Amazon in the US... check this link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1905586558
hope it helps :)

its also linted on ebay if you look hard enough...

hedwig
February 24th, 2012, 11:57 AM
You could check amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com to see if they have used copies available. I've gotten one or two of the stargate novels that way.

Also, check out the article on GW's home page about Stargate Novels/Fandemonium books being rereleased soon. Apparently all the older ones will be released as ebooks and paperbacks will be published on demand.