This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

season 10 wikipedia spoiler

I was skimming through wikipedia to brush up on my stargate knowledge and I accidently read the worst spoiler you could read: how we are going to destroy the Ori.

WARNING: BEWARE OF MASSIVE SPOILER. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
    Spoiler:
    beware of massive spoiler
    Spoiler:
    the Dakara superweapon was never destroyed. in season 10 they will deploy it against an Ori planet

Then again I was an idiot not to heed the spoiler warning

Why am I SO not surprised?
    [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

hmmmm, interesting. Can't say the same for your sig.
      sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure that's up here on Gateworld, too.

Comment

How convenient!

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

wikipedia is an unreliable source, especially for spoilers. Brakak, O'Neill, and tealc all agreed that the weapon needed to be destroyed to prevent what happened with anubis from happening ever again. If this comes true, it will be the biggest inconsistency in the SGU.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
              wikipedia is an unreliable source, especially for spoilers. Brakak, O'Neill, and tealc all agreed that the weapon needed to be destroyed to prevent what happened with anubis from happening ever again. If this comes true, it will be the biggest inconsistency in the SGU.

Wouldn't be the first time they rewrote SG-1 history.
              Last edited by LaCroix; 04 July 2006, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Not true.

Spoiler:
                In "Counterstrike," if memory serves, the Jaffa are using the weapon on the followers of the Ori -- specifically, the forcibly-converted human populations of our own galaxy.

There is no evidence that the weapon can be used against the Ori themselves.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Its possible that the Jaffa Council kept the weapon without telling Bra'tac or Teal`c.
                  Teal`c spends most of his time on Earth and we know that the Council's opinion sometimes differs from Bra'tacs so its not inconceivable that they told him they destroyed it while he was off world.

This would be a flimsy way of bringing it into the story I admit but a better option than just ignoring established canon.

I`m personally looking forward to the conflict that the retention and use of the weapon will bring to the Alliance.
                  Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                  Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its possible that the Jaffa Council kept the weapon without telling Bra'tac or Teal`c.
                    Teal`c spends most of his time on Earth and we know that the Council's opinion sometimes differs from Bra'tacs so its not inconceivable that they told him they destroyed it while he was off world.

This would be a flimsy way of bringing it into the story I admit but a better option than just ignoring established canon.

I`m personally looking forward to the conflict that the retention and use of the weapon will bring to the Alliance.
                    Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                    Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wiki is the worst for facts. Is should be used for Entertainment and entertainment only so please never ever use it for a report. It is not a credable web site. I can post what I want on it and the facts or never checked.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                        Wiki is the worst for facts. Is should be used for Entertainment and entertainment only so please never ever use it for a report. It is not a credable web site. I can post what I want on it and the facts or never checked.
                        actually facts are checked and rechecked by teams of volunteers...they are especially more stringent as of late
                        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                          "the biggest inconsistency in the SGU",is it now?!

It's an exageration. What happened was a PROMISE to destroy the weapon NOT a DESTRUCTION.
                          And when a politician promises something it is his/her holly dutty not to keep his/her promise . (Politics 101)
                          School is overrated.

Comment

I'm not surprised, and frankly, with the galaxy being swept thru by the Ori Invasion Fleet... as the saying goes, "Desperate times call for desperate measures"

Mattathias

Comment

I think thats a reference to Counterstrike so dont read the bottom if you dont want to be spoiled.
                              Spoiler:
                              Where Adria and her followers attack a world and convert it but are hit by an energy wave. Only Adria survives and a Jaffa strike force along with SG-1 fight each other on the ship with Adria beating up both i think. She survived through a 'magical' pendant she wears. Also its said by the Jaffa strike force that the weapon comes from Dakara so its possible that its the same device after all

Its not really unbelievable that the Jaffa might actually 'lie' to other people. Its politics in the end and remember that Teal'c didnt even know what things were going on in the Jaffa Council when Gerak was in charge.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X