Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECW wrestling will be off SCI-FI soon....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECW wrestling will be off SCI-FI soon....

the top 2 stars of ECW, the wrestling show that has invaded our sci-fi channel, were arrested on 5 counts last night, one being drug possession. they will be released from the WWE shortly due to their strict drug policy, and since they might face jail time, ECW will no longer have their top 2 stars, and with out them they wont have a chance in getting ratings. i happen to like wrestling, i just wanted feedback on what u guys think about sci-fi losing ECW to put more awesome programming on instead. haha, here is the link...........

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2006...1151947221.php

I sure hope ECW is off Sci-Fi soon. No offense to wrestling, but I don't believe it has any place on a science fiction channel. Heck, they should be able to come up with some decent original programming.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sci-fi should get what SPACE has, a weekly sci-fi/fantasy/horror news program- one of the many features that makes SPACE such a great (and informative) channel.

Actually, from the sounds of it, Sci-fi could learn quite a few things from SPACE. No one would dream of putting wrestling or soaps on SPACE.....

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
        Sci-fi should get what SPACE has, a weekly sci-fi/fantasy/horror news program- one of the many features that makes SPACE such a great (and informative) channel.

Actually, from the sounds of it, Sci-fi could learn quite a few things from SPACE. No one would dream of putting wrestling or soaps on SPACE.....
        That whole weekly sci-fi/fantasy/horror news program thing sounds pretty cool. Take notes, Sci-Fi.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

IMHO you guys are looking at this the wrong way. ECW gave the scifi channel there best ratings ever for any show ever shown on there network. Sure wrestling has nothing to do with scifi and it seems out of place but with the ratings that it was pulling in there is NOTHING wrong with having a cash cow like that so shows like SG, SGA and BSG might last extra seasons. That is why scifi channel brought ECW on board. Other than scifi Fridays does anybody else ever watch the scifi channel?, they show mostly crap otherwise. Personally I do not care if they show tiddly winks every night of the week other than Fridays if it means extra revenue for making our shows!.
          Last edited by the Fifth Race; 03 July 2006, 08:53 PM.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

they should get in touch with Rick Green and try and do another Prisoners of Gravity to fill in the time slot.

just the sort of news/fun/info show that scifi doesn't have that they really should have.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
              IMHO you guys are looking at this the wrong way. ECW gave the scifi channel there best ratings ever for any show ever shown on there network. Sure wrestling has nothing to do with scifi and it seems out of place but with the ratings that it was pulling in there is NOTHING wrong with having a cash cow like that so shows like SG, SGA and BSG might last extra seasons. That is why scifi channel brought ECW on board. Other than scifi Fridays does anybody else ever watch the scifi channel?, they show mostly crap otherwise. Personally I do not care if they show tiddly winks every night of the week other than Fridays if it means extra revenue for making our shows!.
              I guess that is a good way to look at things. But still, it just doesn't seem right to me on some level.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

What I don't get is why Sci-Fi doesn't buy the rights to air Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                  I sure think that would be a good move. Or start showing Farscape again too.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Voyager and Enterprise maybe, but all other Trek is on Spike and G4, so I wouldn't see the intelligence in that move, and Enterprise and Voyager would probably get the lower ratings anyway.

Sci-fi should start showing good movies- the ones that I've seen listed that they show sound like crap.....they should just learn that quality programming will keep the viewers that only show up for Gates and BSG.....As it sounds I wouldn't watch the channel for anything else.

I started out only watching BSG on SPACE but because of the way they advertise and present their programming (which is for the most part very good, from the neat stuff they put between shows to the variety of shows themself) they got me hooked on half their schedule.....

Comment

Sci-Fi in the UK recently got the rights to Star Trek and now they don't show anything else.

Comment

I read something about a year ago that the scifi channel did try to buy the rights to air TNG, DS9 and Voyager but the price was to steep for them. I know the Spike network (which shows TNG and DS9 currently) is suppose to air Voyager starting later this year and the price they paid was very high.

I would bet eventually that the newer Trek series will end up on the scifi channel someday.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          I guess that is a good way to look at things. But still, it just doesn't seem right to me on some level.
                          I hear ya brother Fifth, it doesn't seem right to me either but I can see why they did it. It's all about revenue and if the ECW keeps pulling 2.7 - 3.0 the money will be piling up for the scifi channel. Ever since the ECW started a month ago it has been the #1 rated cable show on Tuesday nights.

On a lighter note I have watched a couple ECW shows and they are trying to add a scifi flavor to there show by having a character that is a vampire and another who might be an alien.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I also don't think ECW has no place on the sci-fi channel.
                            WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              I sure hope ECW is off Sci-Fi soon. No offense to wrestling, but I don't believe it has any place on a science fiction channel. Heck, they should be able to come up with some decent original programming.
                              There is a God, and he thinks that ECW on Scifi is as wrong as we do.
                              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                              Caboose: They could be worse?
                              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                              X