X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G1 - Reminder: NO SG1 SciFi Mondays in July/August

SG1 - Reminder: NO SG1 SciFi Mondays in July/August

Just a reminder, that the SciFi Channel has changed their programming for Mondays (and it will probably be subject to change again...)... there is NO SG1 SciFi Mondays scheduled at this time for July and
    August.

Monday, July 3rd is holiday programming ("Twilight Zone" Marathon).

On Monday, July 10th, the old FOX series, "Dark Angel" Premieres.

(There will still be the 6pm rotation of SG1 on Mondays. And the Tuesday SG1 6pm rotation returns on July 18th.)

HOWEVER - if you do decide to watch "Dark Angel." there are guest starring actors who have also guest starred in SG1/SGA episodes:

07/10/2006 7:00P DARK ANGEL (Pilot) - Kimberly Hawthorne (Beneath the Surface), Hiro Kanagawa (Full Alert), Alessandro Juliani (Scorched Earth, Moebius Part 1/2), Garry Chalk (Colonel Chekov), Peter Kent (Kintac - Jolinar's Memories, The Devil You Know), Ty Olsson (various Jaffa), Ron Blecker (Tech Adviser on SG1, part-time actor [Desperate Measures and other episodes), Steve Makaj (Col. Makepeace)

07/10/2006 9:00P HEAT - Peter Bryant (Family, Affinity, End Game)

07/10/2006 10:00P FLUSHED - Ron Blecker, Garry Chalk, Kimberly Hawthorne, Peter Bryant

07/17/2006 7:00P C.R.E.A.M. - Ron Blecker, Alessandro Juliani, Peter Bryant

07/17/2006 8:00P 411 ON THE DL - Vince Crestejo (Lord Yu), Alessandro Juliani, Warren Takeuchi (The Enemy Within), Peter Bryant

07/17/2006 9:00P PRODIGY - Peter Bryant

07/17/2006 10:00P COLD COMFORT - Peter Bryant

07/24/2006 7:00P BLAH BLAH WOOF WOOF - Joey Aresco (Full Alert), Peter Bryant, Brian Markinson (Scorched Earth), D. Neil Mark (The First Commandment)

07/24/2006 8:00P OUT - Link Baker (The Light, Allegiance), Peter Bryant, Jose Vargas (Emancipation)

07/24/2006 9:00P RED - Peter Bryant, Mark Gibbon (Thor in Thor's Hammer/Thor's Chariot and M'Zel in Death Knell, End Game), Alex Zahara (various roles)

07/24/2006 10:00P ART ATTACK - Michasha Armstrong (Shak'l - The Nox, Cor-Ai), Craig Veroni (SG1's Grace, Grodin on SGA)

07/31/2006 7:00P RISING - Peter Bryant, Garry Chalk, Mark Gibbon, Brian Markinson, Shawn Reis (various Jaffa), Alex Zahara

07/31/2006 8:00P THE KIDZ ARE AIIGHT - Dean Aylesworth (Old Anubis - Reckoning, Part 1), Peter Bryant, Colin Lawrence (Major Warren/Major Lawrence) several episodes)

07/31/2006 9:00P FEMALE TROUBLE - Peter Bryant

07/31/2006 10:00P HAVEN - Kurt Max Runte (A Matter of Time, Lost City - Part Two), Ian Tracey (Prometheus)

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

They're probably just give SG-1 Mondays a little break for a couple of months.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos

That's what I'm hoping they're doing as well.

We've really become spoiled with SG1 SciFi Mondays -- we've been watching them for what, four years (since 9/30/02) -- but a vacation might do some good for SG1 SciFi Mondays.

Maybe when Season 8 finishes it's syndication run in September, SG1 SciFi Monday's will return.

(Hoping, hoping, hoping...)

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        It's ratings-related. If you check the Monday ratings reports, Stargate reruns haven't made the top ten in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
          It's ratings-related. If you check the Monday ratings reports, Stargate reruns haven't made the top ten in a while.

Well, yes of course it was because of the ratings.

What NowIWillDestroyAbydos and I were speculating/hoping/wishing that this is a temporary situation and SG1 SciFi Mondays would return eventually.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Oh, well, at least I have my DVDs. It was a nice Monday ritual though. Hope they get back to it soon enough.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
              Well, yes of course it was because of the ratings.

What NowIWillDestroyAbydos and I were speculating/hoping/wishing that this is a temporary situation and SG1 SciFi Mondays would return eventually.
              The words I was specifically responding to were:

Any "probably's" will be solely based on what the ratings of the programming that replaces SG-1 Mondays. If it gets higher numbers that Stargate was doing, they'll keep it going until it wears out the way Stargate did.

If it doesn't get higher numbers, they'll either try something else or bring Stargate back.

I don't see a "probably", I see a "maybe".

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                The words I was specifically responding to were:

Any "probably's" will be solely based on what the ratings of the programming that replaces SG-1 Mondays. If it gets higher numbers that Stargate was doing, they'll keep it going until it wears out the way Stargate did.

If it doesn't get higher numbers, they'll either try something else or bring Stargate back.

I don't see a "probably", I see a "maybe".
                I see the problem is that other networks are pulling in better ratings. No matter how much a fan like Stargate, just how many times can you keep watching it? Summer's here and the networks, unlike in the past, are putting on new fare (even though the bulk of it, well, sucks). Many people are also just turning off the TV and getting outisde (which is a good thing, really).

The only reason I even bothered in the last month or so to watch (mostly tape and speedsearch) the Monday block was for the new ads. The shows themselves... well, seen 'em so many times that I'd only look up when I heard a commercial start (sad sad sad) <G>).

It would be great if USA network put its new block on Mondays instead of Fridays, as I do like MOnk, want to check out Psych, but they're against the new Stargate seasons.

With so many fans owning the DVDs or videos, and the fact that Stargate airs every single day of the week (twice a day on weekends if you're in the right market), it's saturated. Sorta like CSI is on the Spike network except that it still maintains good ratings.

I'll be curious to see how Scifi's new show - that Superhero contest thing - goes. I saw one ad and thought, 'well, if you want to get rid of the idiotic geek fan image, this is NOT the way to do it'. I suggest that people who are easily offended not tune in. The guy in the superhero suit which didn't cover much of his butt will give you nightmares! Yes, they showed that in an ad. Perhaps they should do a Joan Rivers special immediately after on "bad fashions in scifi" - THAT might garner good ratings!

Comment

Working...
                X