This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do the Ori get power from us worshiping them

It doesnt makes sense... oky if they fixed us up to a machine then oky that is how they get power. Oky they get powerful armys from us but, actual power cant be harvested from us doing fustration.

Mbe i missed something big time please tell me

--Gaz--

It's "prostration"

Comment

Actually, being hooked up to a machine wouldn't produce power, if anything, it would loose power.

Well, before we go off into the realms that certain parts of Stargate aren't plaudisble, stop & think: The Ori are beings that are made of pure enrgy, yet sentient & intelligent, that is impossible as of yet; they have Powers & knowledge that seems Godlike, that can be controlled & created through a though, that is impossible as of yet.

Adding the fact that they seem to draw energy from us worshipping them, it seems slight in comparison to the other amazing feets that they do & are...

Comment

Operation Vacu-suck!

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
          Operation Vacu-suck!
          Exactly! It is a very sophisticated and secretive process.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The concept is nothing new. If you look at the Dungeons and Dragons Forgotten Realms its pretty much the same thing.

In FR, the gods became to careless so the ruler of the gods (Ao) threw them all to the land as mortals. It was known as the time of troubles, where hte gods walked among men. Once this time was over, the gods that were still alive regained their power. The difference is that thier power was directly related to the number of worshippers. This forced the gods of the land to actually do what they were suppose to and not neglect thier worshippers.

How the Ancients draw power could be any number of things. It could be something as simple as faith is thier energy source from some sort of dimensions. A ZPM, for example, draws energy from another dimensions/universe/whatever. The dimension that the ancients draw thier power from could be powered by faith due to some sort of unexplained link.

Comment

That actually reminds me of Discworld.. off topic but just thought I'd throw it out there. The concept is pretty much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
                It's "prostration"
                It's prostration, although when I read it it would be more like frustration if we had to do it.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I am guessing that the more people that believe in you, the more power you have.
                  The Ancients draw their power by laws and reglation. They are the higher being. They would rather spread life and let it grow, then inslave it to worship. Making them light.
                  The Ori draw their power from not seeding life but by making what life is there to worship them. Making their power fire.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                    I am guessing that the more people that believe in you, the more power you have.
                    The Ancients draw their power by laws and reglation. They are the higher being. They would rather spread life and let it grow, then inslave it to worship. Making them light.
                    The Ori draw their power from not seeding life but by making what life is there to worship them. Making their power fire.
                    Well who says the ancients don't draw power from their worshipers, after all most of the pegasus galaxy worships them. I think the difference is that the ori force us to worship, where by if everyone stopped believing in the ancients, they probably wouldn't interfere. (I say probably as end of the day we don't actually know)

Comment

I think the power absorbtion is a more concious effort on the Ori's part. Which is why even though there are many people who worship the Ancients the same thing wouldn't happen.

A bigger question then ""how" is "why". Why do the Ori need power from us. Is this attack jsut something thats been a long time comming and only accelerated because they discovered that there are Humans in our Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
                        I think the power absorbtion is a more concious effort on the Ori's part. Which is why even though there are many people who worship the Ancients the same thing wouldn't happen.

A bigger question then ""how" is "why". Why do the Ori need power from us. Is this attack jsut something thats been a long time comming and only accelerated because they discovered that there are Humans in our Galaxy.
                        Why? Because they always want more. They're greedy.
                        Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                        Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                        -Audioslave

Comment

I'm sure the Ori don't get power from them, however I bet they get soldiers. The more soldiers they have the more powerful they will become. I just think when they 'conquer' a world they get quite a bit of soldiers from them.

Comment

Personally i think the ancients do gain power from us but in an unforcive way, they don't force us to wroship or beleave in what we do but whos to say God / Jesus / Budha ect wer'nt ancients? all there has to be is little influence and mankind will follow it.

We all beleave in King arthur and merlin and the knights of the round table right? of other little legends like those? well what if in a form of enery we produce beleaving those storys is passed onto the ascended ancients? The ori must of done this also to start with but realised the more people beleaved the more powerful they become so they turned it into full fledged Worship for 5/6hours a day.

Everyone on earth beleaves somthing along those lines of worships some form of religion or hope, that hope or worshipping could give our ascended the power they need without forcing us to do it. In the MW our choice is our own thats why they stay out of "Interfearing" with lower forms of life.

Comment

Originally posted by pRyvvik
                              The concept is nothing new. If you look at the Dungeons and Dragons Forgotten Realms its pretty much the same thing.

In FR, the gods became to careless so the ruler of the gods (Ao) threw them all to the land as mortals. It was known as the time of troubles, where hte gods walked among men. Once this time was over, the gods that were still alive regained their power. The difference is that thier power was directly related to the number of worshippers. This forced the gods of the land to actually do what they were suppose to and not neglect thier worshippers.
                              Very good novel trilogy, too.

Anyway, Orlin said it was a complicated process in The Fourth Horesmen part one and left it at that. That's TPTB's way of saying "super-fans. . . just sit back and watch the frelling show!" They're probably never going to explain the nuts and bolts of how it works because it's not important, in anyway, to the story.

It's like the Force. Lucas never explained how it actually worked in the original trilogy. The super-fans were clamoring to find out how it worked. So along comes Episode One and the midi-chlorians.

Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

Working...
                              X