This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoing the Ori-The next villain for Stargate SG-1

This is my follow up for my previous thread I posted a while back.

I was watching a special on Stargate SG-1, where it said that the creative spark of the writers has yet to diminish, and could last for years. If the Ori are defeated in season ten, or soon later, what enemy could possibly surpass them in terms of power/creepiness/intimidation?
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Ourselves.... an Earth civil war aka World War 3.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

If the Ori are defeated in season 10, i can't see them introducing a race even more powerful than the Ori. It would just get too repetitive 'they defeat one powerful race, then an even more powerful race appears, they defeat them and so on and so on.

If that makes sense.
      -_Yes im New_-

Comment

The Ancients, somehow.

Comment

Im just worried that they will drive the show into the ground like the X-FILES, great show, ended horribly bad!! End SG1 with a movie, with lots of money for full scale battles on the ground and in space, let it all end with a happy universe at balance with its self and have a new spin off show some how.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
            The Ancients, somehow.
            Yeah We accidentally activate the sangraal in this galaxy before sending it to the ori. We kill most of the ancients, and they execute a horrific revenge
            You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

I think the Ori will be the main bad for some time to come. I just don't see us finding a way to defeat them for quite a few seasons. So, for me, it's a little too early to be thinking past them at the moment. Ask me again in a few more seasons.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't see the Ori being beaten any time soon, nor do I see SG-1 continuing after they are beaten.
                An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                  I don't see the Ori being beaten any time soon, nor do I see SG-1 continuing after they are beaten.
                  If I had it my way, as long as TPTB could continue to tell interesting stories, this show would never end.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Maybe there should be a more complicated story after the Ori being defeated. I do not think stronger or worse enemies should appear. My idea is : plots, treasons, false treasons, unknown enemies for SG-1 and viewers, unknown enemies for SG-1 but not for viewers, unknown allies who help SG-1 (SG-1 does not know who help them), false allies (allies but secretly bad), false enemies (enemies but secretly good), etc.

Comment

I don't think you can top ascended beings, so nothing more powerful then them. Though there could always be a race of partial ascended beings like the black cloud in Atlantis...you know not ascended but not corporeal either. Anyway I dont think we will see another SG-1 enemy after the Ori as the show would probably end then. However, Atlantis and a possible third series if the SG movie is successful is another matter entirely.

As for new bad guy ideas, sure there are tonnes available I suppose. I mean we have had ascended beings, vampiric life suckers and parasitical organisms with god complexes, there are probably more ideas out there. Beastial creatures, human faced foes, things so unspeakable that they make you insane etc etc.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        If I had it my way, as long as TPTB could continue to tell interesting stories, this show would never end.
                        Me too, and it might continue with another spinoff series, however I don't see SG-1 going on.

I guess it could be cool (although I'm not sure how it would be done) to have an enemy that isn't a huge force, such as the Goa'uld and the Ori, but more work behind the scenes, maniplulating and controlling large groups. A bit like The Patriots in Metal Gear Solid
                        An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Battera
                          Yeah We accidentally activate the sangraal in this galaxy before sending it to the ori. We kill most of the ancients, and they execute a horrific revenge
                          The device doesn't kill ascended beings...

Comment

We don't know that for sure, the Sangraal was said to 'cancel' ascended beings. Cancel can mean anything at this point.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Well, we've had Goa'uld, Replicators, Ascended Goa'ulds, Kull Warriors, Humanoid Replicators, The Ori.... What could come next you say....? Easy....

Stargate SG1 vs TPTB!

SG1 must finally face up to the people behind all those cheese-riden enemies, those terrible plot lines, deus ex machinas & Aliens of the week!

Who will win when SG-1 meets it's maker?!

How can SG-1 hope to defeat something that can create or destroy entire Universes, using only a pen & imagination?!

WILL SG-1 EVER BE THE SAME AFTER TPTB GO MAD WITH POWER?!

Comment

Working...
                              X