This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Season 1 Region 2

Did anybody else buy this and find themselves woefully dissapointed with the packaging?
    Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
    O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Originally posted by senordingdong
    Did anybody else buy this and find themselves woefully dissapointed with the packaging?
    yes i found the same, its really anooying opening and closing because you have to slide off the crappy plastic cover.

Comment

At least it is better than just sticking the 5 seperate DVD cases in a cardboard box as they take up way too much space on the shelf.

Comment

I actually like the series 7 and 8 box designs for Sg1. It doesnt matter to me how much space they take up when they've got those cool designs on them. It bothers me more that there's a stupid volume numberic system that has number 1 being "The Best of Season 1" It also bothers me that all the boxsets side by side are as follows: American Version - Multicoloured Spines x 5 - Two Spine Pictures. The inconsistency bugs me.

But yes. Atlantis boxset... ICK. WHY OH WHY can't we get a decent M-Lock boxset? The ones used for the new X Files releases and Firefly. They're very cheap and are arguable better quality, especially when they have the X Files style cardboard box. The hologram is also shoddy as well.

Overall? Screw slimline. BRING US M-LOCK!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJones00
          At least it is better than just sticking the 5 seperate DVD cases in a cardboard box as they take up way too much space on the shelf.
          But they were so much better, they were sturdy, secure, convenient and the artwork on the individual volume boxes was brilliant.
          Now we have this inconvenient piece of crap that is falling apart a little more every time I use it.
          I bet they're doing this to make us buy the individual volumes.
          Even by re-releasing the Sg-1 sets.
          *******s.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
            But yes. Atlantis boxset... ICK WHY OH WHY can't we get a decent M-Lock boxset? The ones used for the new X Files releases and Firefly. They're very cheap and are arguable better quality, especially when they have the X Files style cardboard box. The hologram is also shoddy as well.
            Overall? Screw slimline. BRING US M-LOCK!
            I agree. I love the Xfiles/Firefly/Alien/Predator/Millenium boxsets like that.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yeh Ive seen them and will buy em but am dissapointed with he packaging, those coke bottles!
              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I bet season 9 will have the same ****ty packaging.

Comment

Nada. S9 will be simple card box containing the individual S9 volumes. It's cheaper methinks.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

So why the hell didn't they do that with Atlantis!??!

Does anyone know if the region 1 Atlantis dvds were like this or if they had the individual volumes?
                    Last edited by senordingdong; 19 July 2006, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Mmm, I've been collecting Atlantis S2 on volume DVDs, frankly, I'd rather have a boxset that was just those five volumes together than the S1 version.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Ditto.
                        I'm currently looking into getting the individual volumes for s1.

Comment

Originally posted by senordingdong
                          So why the hell didn't they do that with Atlantis!??!

Does anyone know if the region 1 Atlantis dvds were like this or if they had the individual volumes?
                          The R1 Atlantis set is three slimline dvd cases in a cardboard box just like the re-released R1 SG-1 DVD's and personally I prefer them as shelf space is a premium and cutting the size of the boxsets in half is a welcome move.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJones00
                            personally I prefer them as shelf space is a premium and cutting the size of the boxsets in half is a welcome move.
                            You won't be saying that after you drop you slimline box and it breaks into pieces.

Comment

Working...
                            X