Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ori - New Life or Simple Remake of The Goa'uld?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori - New Life or Simple Remake of The Goa'uld?

i like the ori, i think its a great new story for the show, but i wish TPTB hadn't made it so obvious that the ori are a remake of the goa'uld.
    The Ori
    priors
    worshippers

Goa'uld
    first primes
    jaffa

does anyone else agree with me on this?
    SAVE SG-1
    www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
    Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

It's just another face to tell the overall message of the show: extremism (especially religious extremism) is bad.

Comment

I don't think the Ori are a "simple" remake of the Goa'uld. They are a lot more powerful and dangerous.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Every time I scroll past this thread, I think it says goa'uld simple life. It's at tis moment that I imagine Ba'al standing there in a mini skirt squealing about horse crap lol.

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
          Every time I scroll past this thread, I think it says goa'uld simple life. It's at tis moment that I imagine Ba'al standing there in a mini skirt squealing about horse crap lol.
          Thanks, man. That's a freaky mental image.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Don't worry it won't be a mental image for long I'm gunna try and make a pic lol.

Comment

Well, since most 'religions' or the like have very similar structures, I don't see how that makes the Ori a remake of the Goa'uld. It always tends to break down like so.

God
              Spokesman of God
              Followers of God.

We can even do it for jobs

CEO
              Managers
              Workers.

Everything in life has a structure, a Chain of Command if you like. Doesn't make a re-make. I just want to Ori to have a more human face, something we can see and fight, rather then just an ideology.
              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

It's not the remake of the Qua'uld. They just took what stargate is made of and built of off and created and hole new enemy using a different mythology into something we will all love.

Ball all mini-skirted out is freaky. Can't wait to see the lics.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I agree with LORD MONK and Deevil the Ori are not remakes of the Goa'uld, the goa'uld were all divided into different religions or factions and had a "human face" the Ori are the one Religion with one single minded purpose. And the don't have something you can just shoot and say is fake...

Oh and my picture is up, but no Ba'al sorry
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...13#post5465113

Comment

Well... I hardly call a race of ascended beings with better tech than ourselves to be a 'simple' remake of a bunch of gluttanous, long-living, oppresive, and theiving symbiotic beings which were not invincible to begin with.

Even if we were to defeat the Invasion Fleet by the Ori in our galaxy, which I doubt will happen anytime soon, the Ori can simply make another Supergate and send more ships in. The Priors seem to be difficult to deal with as it stands.

I think the point of the writers is to state that the behavior done by the beings themselves, and much of their zealoutus followers is not correct behavior, such as enslaving people, deception, stealing, etc.

Mattathias

Comment

They are a remake of the goauld, its a fact that the PTB have said...we want it to be like it was in S1, when the goauld were all powerfull and we had little or no technology to use agaisnt them.
                      On top of that, the god crap is still in there. in fact the only origional baddy around is the prior bugs...how pathetic.
                      The asurians = repicators
                      LA = genii = MID
                      ori = goauld

The PTB are coming to end of there imaginations when it comes to bad guys i have to say...im not agaisnt S/10/3 i really like the new stuff but it is quite familier too me.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                        They are a remake of the goauld, its a fact that the PTB have said...we want it to be like it was in S1, when the goauld were all powerfull and we had little or no technology to use agaisnt them.
                        On top of that, the god crap is still in there. in fact the only origional baddy around is the prior bugs...how pathetic.
                        The asurians = repicators
                        LA = genii = MID
                        ori = goauld

The PTB are coming to end of there imaginations when it comes to bad guys i have to say...im not agaisnt S/10/3 i really like the new stuff but it is quite familier too me.
                        Well, I guess we all see it a little differently.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by The.Prior.of.The.Ori
                          i like the ori, i think its a great new story for the show, but i wish TPTB hadn't made it so obvious that the ori are a remake of the goa'uld.
                          The Ori
                          priors
                          worshippers

Goa'uld
                          first primes
                          jaffa

does anyone else agree with me on this?
                          Site Owners/Adminstrators
                          Moderators
                          Forum Members

Super-Trolls
                          Trolls
                          Spammers

------------

Nope, they're not a remake of the Goa'uld. The Goa'uld never had such fanaticism working for them. Nor were the Goa'uld that advanced technologically. The Goa'uld can be shown their weakness and their technology explained and demonstrated by regular humans. But the Ori and their Priors are at another level... far far far superior to the Goa'uld.
                          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

hell no, they are actually god like and if it weren't for the ascended beings of the mw we'd be ownd already by the ori
                            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

whoa .. more responses than i thought... i guess i better explain as to how i came up with the idea here.....
                              i looked at it like this, take the concept of the baddies and use it again.. the 3 levels of them, the masters, the right hand man, and the peons. i didnt mean any offense, i know in the show they are much much different and i didnt mean to compare them literally, my apologies.
                              SAVE SG-1
                              www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                              Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Working...
                              X