Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great sci-fi and fantasy film/tv quotes!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great sci-fi and fantasy film/tv quotes!

What are the greatest quotes in sci-fi and fantasy film/tv?
    The only rule is to try to keep the number of quotes per post to five or less, as long lists in one post tend to get skimmed, and include the name of the film/show and character quoted.

One of my favourites:

"Get away from her you b****!" ~Ellen Ripley, Aliens
    Last edited by Trek_Girl42; 01 July 2006, 12:12 PM.

Wash: This landing is going to get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define interesting!
    Wash: "Oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die"?

- Serenity
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

For me science fiction is a way of thinking, a way of logic that bypasses a lot of nonsense. It allows people to look directly at important subjects. - Gene Roddenberry

"Only when we have to fight to stay human do we realise how precious it is. How dear to us." - Dr Miles Bennell, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (1956)

"Step up to red alert."
      "Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb." - Rimmer & Kryten, "Red Dwarf"

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of surviving." - Commander Adama

"You lot, you spend all your time thinking about dying — like you're gonna get killed by eggs, or beef, or global warming, or asteroids. But you never take time to imagine the impossible, that maybe you survive. This is 5 billion years in your future. This is the day, hold on: <checks time> this is the day the sun expands. Welcome to the end of the world." - The Doctor, welcoming Rose to "The End of the World"

"So this is how liberty dies — to thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Sorry, I had to do six
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
        Sorry, I had to do six
        That's okay- great list, the point is just to keep people from copying and pasting long lists in.....Great idea to post a Roddenberry quote.

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar."
        ~Wash, Serenity

"When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you."
        ~Tracey, Firefly "The Message"
        Last edited by Trek_Girl42; 01 July 2006, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Of course the classic:

"Luke. Use the Force."
          ~Obi Wan Kenobi, Star Wars

Comment

Scotty: I know this ship like the back of my hand

*clunk!*
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Ripley: "HUDSON! This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training."
              [to Newt]
              Ripley: Right?
              [Newt apes a salute]
              Hudson: "So why don't you put her in charge?"

Ripley: "You know Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them ****ing each other over for a ******* percentage!"

Hicks: "I like to keep this handy for close encounters."

- All Aliens

20 years later, and it's still one of my favourite films. That Ripley line. It's so true. It speaks volumes about humanity.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                20 years later, and it's still one of my favourite films. That Ripley line. It's so true. It speaks volumes about humanity.
                Absolutly, I was watching that last night, what a great movie- it really does hold up, even the fx still look great today, and overall an amazing film that stands the test of time. So many quotable moments in it certainly don't hurt.

*Wondering how to fight the aliens after having to give up their magazines*
                "What're we supposed to use, man? Harsh language?"
                ~Frost, Aliens

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                  So many quotable moments in it certainly don't hurt.
                  LOL yeah. It's so full of quotes. I almost know them all off by heart.

I used to have this as a shutdown sound on my computer:

Hudson: "That's it man, game over man, it's game over!"

I now have the urge to watch Aliens tonight, for about the 1000th time.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

ROSE: Doctor, they have guns
                    DOCTOR: And I don't, which makes me the better person. They can shoot me dead but I'll have the moral high ground

- Rose and The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who, Season 28, An Army of Ghosts

Love keeps her in the air when she oughtta fall down… tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens… makes her a home.

- Mal, Serenity

We gotta go to the crappy town where I'm the hero!

- Wash, Firefly, Jaynestown

The good fight, yeah? You never know until you've been tested. I get that now.

- Doyle, Angel Season 1, Hero

Jonas:Is it really necessary to antagonize him?
                    [beat]
                    Jack:Yes.

- Jack and Jonas, SG1, Full Circle
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

"There are three things I don't do: Tan, date... and sing in public."
                      ~Angel, Angel "Judgement"

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                        *Wondering how to fight the aliens after having to give up their magazines*
                        "What're we supposed to use, man? Harsh language?"
                        ~Frost, Aliens
                        That will always be one of my favourite lines from any movie
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

"Space, the final frontier...these are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise, her five year mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations...to boldly go where no man has gone before!"

I don't think I need to label it. You should all know where it's from.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            "Space, the final frontier...these are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise, her five year mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations...to boldly go where no man has gone before!"

I don't think I need to label it. You should all know where it's from.
                            Indeed - whenever I hear that line it sends a thrill down my spine.

"Do or do not ... there is no try." Yoda, Star Wars

Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back - Do not read if you haven't seen the film!:

Spoiler:
                            "Luke, I am your father." Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker

I can't think of anything else for the present!
                            The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

From Buffy (don't know what episode):

(Buffy finds Spike outside her house)
                              Buffy: "Spike, what are you doing here... Five words or less."
                              Spike (counting on fingers): "Out. For. A. Walk... B*tch."

Comment

Working...
                              X