PDA

View Full Version : Favourite SGA actor

keshya
June 30th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Since there's favourite SG1 actor poll I thought it only fair to make one for SGA actors.

penguininablender
June 30th, 2006, 03:26 PM
I quite agree..tis' only fair.

FoolishPleasure
June 30th, 2006, 03:49 PM
I like this poll because it includes all the "minor" characters who have become more interesting than the regs in some cases. Had to give a vote for Major Lorne. ;)

sueKay
June 30th, 2006, 03:50 PM
David Hewlett :D

Seshat
June 30th, 2006, 03:51 PM
I've never seen a poll where one could see how every poster voted by name – cool! :D

Oranos
June 30th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Rainbow.
If you couldn't tell by the poll results. :p

Hatcheter
July 1st, 2006, 03:59 AM
David Hewlett :D

As the poll says favorite actor, how could anyone disagree? The man's an acting god.

Missster.Freeman
July 1st, 2006, 08:33 AM
Dr Zelenka. David Nykl has been excellent in every scene he's been in. I hope the writers develop his character more in season 3. I actually prefer him to the rather shrill and complaining Dr McKay. Not that I don't rate David Hewlett highly as an actor, I do, it's just that I can barely put up with his (Dr McKay's ;)) constant whining.

Ensign M.I.T.S
July 1st, 2006, 02:48 PM
I choose David Hewlett, he is oustanding.
But, if i can say a word, how is it possible to compar actors from the regular cast with the recurring characters who don't have so much time on the screen?
I mean, Kavan Smith has five votes as Joe Flanigan, but, for what I remember his time on the screen was just about 15 minutes all over the season and in his apparitions he didn't not more of 4 or 5 lines for episode.
I don't mean he could not be a great actor, but if we have only to jugde for SGA, well, we don't have enough material.

Rosehawk
July 1st, 2006, 03:07 PM
I really like all the actors and characters, however I have to really come to appreciate and enjoy David Nykl's protrayl of Zelenka.
Zelenka works so well with all the other characters, Weir, Sheppard and mostly McKay. He's always fun to watch, he adds a real kind and compassionate yet firm and strong aspect to his character. I really hope Zelenka gets more character development in season 3, he definitely deserves it :)

L-JADE
July 1st, 2006, 04:37 PM
I choose David Hewlett because ever since The Rising, he shines even before the other can find their own place in the show. He is not 'afraid' to act whiny, childish or even gay-ish, but I agree all the secondary characters : Zelenka, Cadman, Caldwell, Lorne, Lindsey Novak even Kavanagh & Hermiod are all interesting & not given enough screen time.

P.S : Can you add Lindsey Novak and Hermiod ? :P

OutThere
July 2nd, 2006, 06:13 AM
I think Atantis has a very good cast overall, but I voted for David Hewlett as the best of the major cast members because he has great range and I always enjoy his performance.

For recurring cast members I like David Nykl, and for minor characters I think Claire Rankin is superb as Dr. Heightmeyer.

(I agree with L-JADE that those who play Novak and Hermiod deserve to be on the list too. Both are good at their parts.)

_WraithQueen_
July 2nd, 2006, 01:03 PM
Jason momoa *drool* :P

keshya
July 4th, 2006, 03:52 AM
I like this poll because it includes all the "minor" characters who have become more interesting than the regs in some cases. Had to give a vote for Major Lorne. ;)

That was my intention. Just wanted to please everybody by including as many characters as possible, but only the ones that had something to them

I've never seen a poll where one could see how every poster voted by name – cool!

Why keep it a secret? We don't do any bashing here.

Trek_Girl42
July 7th, 2006, 06:19 PM
David Hewlett, :mckay: but David Nykel is a close second. I love all his scenes. :zelenka25: Followed by Torri Higgenson. She has great presense. :weir:

berenikee
July 8th, 2006, 07:53 PM
David Nykl.
Closely followed by David Hewlett and Mitch Pileggi.

Pharaoh Atem
July 9th, 2006, 11:38 AM
David Hewlett

silverdamascus
July 9th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Hewlett vs. Nykl.

It came down to this, Hewlett, though brilliant has been given a lot of attention and work from the writers as McKay.

Nykl hasn't and he's still been brilliant in every little scene he's been in. To take what he's been given and turned it into the Zelenka we know and love now. That's impressive.

David Nykl. :D

borgteddy
July 9th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Definately David Hewlett :)

ShadowMaat
July 9th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I love Kavan. He hasn't had much exposure so far, but really, that's part of the charm. :) Sometimes the workaday folks are more interesting (to me, anyway) than the so-called stars of the show. Hewlett's all well and good, but Kavan's now the SGA actor I'd most like to meet. :D

Second fave would have to be Nykl. He was a sweetheart at the con last year. Lots 'o fun... and easy on the eyes, too. :)

Captain-Peregrine
July 12th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Though I voted for David Hewlett, I think that Torri Higginson is equally as good an actress as he is an actor. They are my two favorite people and characters on that show.

Gah! I can't wait for season three!

mckaychick
July 19th, 2006, 02:55 PM
David!!!!!!!

pavaneofstars
July 27th, 2006, 10:35 AM
David Hewlett of course! :P

LoveBuzz
July 27th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Joe Flanigan (Lt. Col. John Sheppard) So I just jumped ship, sue me =)