PDA

View Full Version : Best Actor in Atlantis?

Naonak
June 30th, 2006, 05:37 AM
OK, to go with my "Best Actor in SG-1?" thread, comes the "Best Actor in Atlantis?" thread.
Who do you think is the best actor in Stargate Atlantis? I mean regulars, although if you think a guest star or recurring guest star deserves it, mention them as well.

Don't start bashing the actors you don't like - I don't want any "??? is a terrible actor" posts.

Chelle DB
June 30th, 2006, 05:44 AM
I love Joe Flannigan the best but Torri Higginson comes in a close second.:D
Do I have to say why?? I just do...that's all!

Lokii
June 30th, 2006, 05:48 AM
I love Joe Flannigan the best but Torri Higginson comes in a close second.:D
Do I have to say why?? I just do...that's all!

Damn girl stay out of my mind....

TheWarrior
June 30th, 2006, 05:52 AM
I don't usually like ranking the actors/actresses on how good they are, as they are all excellent. However a special mention has to go out to David Hewlett - this guy can play so many different sides to McKay its brilliant and he pips the rest of the actors/actresses to be the best actor in Atlantis.

Stricken
June 30th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Joe followed closely by David Hewlett! ;)

Allestian
June 30th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Paul McGillion for me because I just love him!!!

:P

A close second for David Hewlett of course.

I have to say this now. The best actor who is not on that list and I would more than likely have polled is David Nykl. Brilliant accent. Brilliant reactions. Brilliant actor.

:D

CeeKay Sheppard
June 30th, 2006, 09:20 AM
I have to say Joe Flanigan. He seems to me to have the most personality on screen aout of everyone. His mannerisms, his nuances of expression, the way you can read what the character is thinking in the tone of his voice – he's the most convincing actor on Atlantis.

shipper hannah
June 30th, 2006, 10:22 AM
david hewlett. definitely. noone else jumps out at me best actors.

FoolishPleasure
June 30th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Flanigan is the prettiest to look at, but Hewlett has the best acting chops.

Pharaoh Atem
June 30th, 2006, 11:19 AM
David easily

sueKay
June 30th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Definitely David :)

PG15
June 30th, 2006, 03:24 PM
The Great Hewlett, obviously. :mckay:

Willow'sCat
June 30th, 2006, 05:35 PM
David is gorgeous :p but on pure acting cred...

David has it in spades, he just knows how to play a scene IMHO, and considering Rodney McKay has to be the hardest character to play on the show because McKay has more dialogue, harder dialogue and McKay lets face it, has the kind of personality that could easily be played OTT. He just plays him so well.

I am also very impressed by JF's acting on SGA. If I could vote for two he would be there. I love his facial expression's and the little inflections he puts in his voice and the delivery is spot on... yep he is bloody good too. ;)

sueKay
June 30th, 2006, 05:46 PM
though I picked DH...Joe and Paul are both superb actors too IMO

berenikee
July 8th, 2006, 07:57 PM
David Hewlett :)

Missster.Freeman
July 9th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Wait a minute. Did I not already vote in this poll? :confused: *looks up at list* Ahh, I see. This is for the main actors only.

Erm...erm... it's so much easier to pick a secondary actor. I actually like them more than the main cast now. :P

Oh well then, at a push, it has to be Joe Flanigan. As to why? I just like his style. *shrug*

ShadowMaat
July 9th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Hewlett has the greatest range, IMO, and he does a fantastic job with whatever he's handed. A great actor may not be able to save a bad script, but sometimes it's still interesting to watch just to see how the actor handles the material.