Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One thing that bothers me about the season premiere(spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that bothers me about the season premiere(spoilers)

IT's this claim that the Ancients draw power from their worshippers. THe Ancients don't have any worshippers. If the Ori leader is supposed to be Ori in human form she should know the truth about the Ori, not be spreading false pro-Ori propaganda to people who know better.

Originally posted by JLB
    IT's this claim that the Ancients draw power from their worshippers. THe Ancients don't have any worshippers. If the Ori leader is supposed to be Ori in human form she should know the truth about the Ori, not be spreading false pro-Ori propaganda to people who know better.
    She is a descended Ori.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
      She is a descended Ori.
      I don't think she was ever ascended. She is just a creation of the Ori, alot like the Priors but better, to lead their army on our 'plane of existance'
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I heard Adria is a previously ascended Ori who volunteered to descend to lead the army after being "the will of the ori".

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

what ever she is...shes hot lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas Quiinn
            what ever she is...shes hot lol
            I hope you're talking about Morena Baccarin and not the child actor that will be playing the very young Adria.

Best Stargate quote:
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Where was it claimed the Ancients got their power from worshippers? I know they suggested that the Ori got power from leeching their worshippers.

Comment

I heard Adria is a previously ascended Ori who volunteered to descend to lead the army after being "the will of the ori".
                Yeah,well, ur wrong. Adria is the human manifestation of what the Ori are, sort of like a descended Ori. yet, she is Vala's biological daughter. I don't know if she is the manifestation of the Ori as far as having the Ancient gene, which all of the Ori followers have(which makes me wonder why the priors use their staffs to heal people).
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                  Yeah,well, ur wrong. Adria is the human manifestation of what the Ori are, sort of like a descended Ori. yet, she is Vala's biological daughter. I don't know if she is the manifestation of the Ori as far as having the Ancient gene, which all of the Ori followers have(which makes me wonder why the priors use their staffs to heal people).
                  How can it be vala's biological daughter? Tomin's leg injury made him sterile, and even if Daniel and Vala did the deed, the baby would have already been born.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

i mean the grown up one is hot lol you know what i meant lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas Quiinn
                      i mean the grown up one is hot lol you know what i meant lol
                      Yeah, I did. I was just screwing with you.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

How can it be vala's biological daughter? Tomin's leg injury made him sterile, and even if Daniel and Vala did the deed, the baby would have already been born.
                        The child came from Vala..duh. The Ori created the egg-I guess you could say- but Adria grew from her body.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                          The child came from Vala..duh. The Ori created the egg-I guess you could say- but Adria grew from her body.
                          Vala created the egg.

The Ori provided the swimmers.

And they could've just asked me to do that. I'd have been more than happy to donate some tadpoles in the name of galactic conquest. If it meant knockin' space boots with Vala.

Comment

Vala is lying down in a bed and that Ori spectre in the form of a flaming skull descended upon her. Considering how Ascended beings have powers, like the Ori turning regular humans into Priors... I think they could create or manipulate Vala's eggs and make it into a zygote.
                            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Ah, when gods bang hot chicks...

*ahm* Anyway, I think the Ancients do, to a certain extent, gain energy through worship. So many pre-industrial cultures in both SG-1 and SGA worship the "Ancestors", which means that it is possible that they siphon energy to the Ancients. My guess, based on that possiblity, is that it doesn't matter whether it's voluntary or forced - if you're worshiped and you're ascended, you gain energy somehow.
                              "Those who listen the most experience the least."

Comment

Working...
                              X