This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross-over Fanfiction contest

(hope this is in the right section, if not, can a mod put it where it belongs please?)

Browncoats are looking to celebrate the "Summer of Serenity" and are beginning a Cross-over Fanfiction contest. I got a hold of some preliminary information, so please spread this around:

Serenity Summer Crossover Story Contest

Deadline August 20th

RULES:

Stories:
    - Of all lengths, cannons and genres are welcome!
    -Must be complete. Incomplete entries will not be judged.
    -Must contain at least one cannon character from both "Firefly" and the crossover media of your choice.
    - Please proofread your story before submitting. The judging panel is here to judge, not beta-read.

Judging will take place with prizes in each of six categories:

Humor
    Drama
    Action
    Romance
    Erotica
    Poetry/Songfic

Authors are welcome to enter as many stories in as many categories as they wish, but please remember that it is quality, not quantity that will be judged.

Concerns have been raised in that there are not specific Horror and Fantasy categories. As these are genres, and not general categories, most horror and fantasy stories fit into the drama or action categories. We're leaving to the author to determine how their stories fit into the categories.

Co-Authoring is allowed, but only ONE prize will be awarded per category and we will not cut awards in half to be divied up between co-authors. Our scissors are dull, and it just takes too much time.

Judging will done by a point system based on the following criteria:

-Faithfulness to both Firefly and the crossover universe.
    -Originality
    -Cohesiveness of Story Structure
    -Amount of Bribes sent to Judges.

UH,..I mean, ummm.. BRIBES are specifically NOT allowed to be sent to judges... unless they are sent through me for direct inspection. Yeah, that's it.

Prizes are yet to be determined, but will be announced as soon as we know what they are.

To Submit Your Story:

Please post it in any public forum, and send the link to

[email protected]

with the following information:

1) Pen-name you would like to be recognized with.
    2) Contact email address.
    3) What Crossover Universe you used
    4) What category you would like your story judged under.

Please send ONLY the link to your work, not your entire work.

If you have questions about the contest, please email [email protected] and she'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Or PM me and I can get you information...
Working...
X