X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - Starburst #339 - Flanigan/Shanks Interviews

From Visimag:

http://www.visimag.com/acatalog/VI_D..._226.html#a339

(Starburst is a UK based scifi magazine. In the US, you may order online from the URL above. Or, check with your local Borders or Barnes and Noble Bookstores for the magazine. Allow time for the magazine to be shipped across the pond.)

Starburst #339, Summer 2006
    (Reference #339)
    Scheduled publication date June 28 2006

100 fantastic thrill-packed pages

Stargate SG-1 Exclusive! Actor Michael Shanks talks about the surprising longevity of his character Dr Daniel Jackson

Stargate Atlantis Exclusive on-set Interview! Joe Flanigan, who plays Lt Col John Sheppard, discusses the upcoming episodes in the third season

Battlestar Galactica (2000s) Exclusive! James Callis, aka treacherous Dr Gaius Baltar in the award-winning series, talks about his developing role in the third season

Doctor Who (2000s)
    • Former EastEnders star Tracy Ann Oberman gives us the lowdown on her role as the Head of Torchwood
    • Costume designer Louise Page talks about her fashion choices for historical and contemporary characters

Superman Returns Set Report! Production designer Guy Dyas discusses the creation of the Metropolis cityscape, the plains of Smallville and the largest train set in the world

Barnyard We meet director Steve Oedekerk, creator of Jimmy Neutron for a look at his latest CGI-animated film

Top 10 Shudder in fear at our Top Ten Tentacles!

With

Our regular detailed look at all the new Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels, film and TV releases both new and old on DVD, and we check out the best new collectables…

A look at new cinema releases The Omen (6-6-6), Reeker, See No Evil, Severance

The latest and up-to-date TV Reviews covering Doctor Who, Invasion, Lost, Smallville, Supernatural

Book Reviews Star Wars: Betrayal, Exiles, Last Full Measure, The Good People, Into the Unknown, Inside the TARDIS, The Lies of Locke Lamora, Working for the Devil

Multimedia, DVDs, Soundtracks, Comics & Collectables

Trailer Park We take a sideways look at a trailer for an upcoming genre film. This month, will Horror prequel The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning recreate the terror of the original?

Go to Web edition

http://www.visimag.com/starburst/339_display.htm

Price: $7.99

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

STARGATE SG-1 EXCLUSIVE:

http://www.visimag.com/starburst/339_feat01.htm

(Please follow the link for the complete excerpt.)

Feature: Stargate SG-1

Now working on the tenth season, actor Michael Shanks reflects on the unexpected longevity of his character, Dr Daniel Jackson

Michael Shanks has spent nine of the past 10 years co-starring as Dr Daniel Jackson on Stargate SG-1. The actor laughs when asked if he had any concept of what he was signing on for when he inked his SG-1 contract a decade ago.

“I can’t even recall that particular moment,” he says. “I think that at the time, when I agreed to do the show, I was unemployed and had just finished a two-year stint at Stratford. I was just hoping to land any kind of job. I thought I was signing on for the pilot; not that people weren’t telling me we had a two-year guarantee, but I thought, ‘Yeah, I’ll believe it when I see it’. I thought I was doing a pilot that I’d get some experience from and that would be it. It was a TV series based on a movie, and those don’t exactly have a fabulous track record to begin with. What ended up happening is absolutely absurd.”

**snippity doo-dah**

by Ian Spelling
    Read the full interview in
    Starburst #339

http://www.visimag.com/starburst/339_display.htm

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana
    Last edited by morjana; 10 July 2007, 10:34 AM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Sounds like an issue just full of great stuff.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thanks morjana!

This is definitely one to buy!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
        Thanks morjana!

This is definitely one to buy!

I bought it today, and it's really great! Thanks for telling me about it in the first place Morjana! There are some great Atlantis spoilers...
        sigpic

Comment

care to share for those country bumpkins who won't get their copy till they go back to the 'big smoke' (the city)

pretty pleeeze!!!!!!!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            care to share for those country bumpkins who won't get their copy till they go back to the 'big smoke' (the city)

pretty pleeeze!!!!!!!
            Yeah! Please transcribe for those across the pond!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Yeah! Please transcribe for those across the pond!
              I'll do better than transcribe.. I'll copy for you my post from the JFT of scans of the Joe Flanigan interview (sorry, not scanned the Michael Shanks stuff yet):

Originally posted by Alipeeps
              Right then. Starburst article scans. These are pretty huge so I'm gonna put them behind separate spoiler tags.

WARNING: DO NOT READ THE SCANNED PAGES BEHIND THESE SPOILER TAGS UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILERED FOR ASPECTS OF SEASON 3 - PARTICULARLY COMMON GROUND!! You have been warned...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Enjoy!
              sigpic

Comment

Thank You!!!!!!!!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'll do better than transcribe.. I'll copy for you my post from the JFT of scans of the Joe Flanigan interview (sorry, not scanned the Michael Shanks stuff yet):
                  Thanks Ali!

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                    I bought it today, and it's really great! Thanks for telling me about it in the first place Morjana! There are some great Atlantis spoilers...
                    You're very welcome.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Wow!

Thank you so much for scanning and posting!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Oooh, thannks a lot!

...However I think you should also mention there are huge Return spoilers in there, as well..
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry
                          Oooh, thannks a lot!

...However I think you should also mention there are huge Return spoilers in there, as well..
                          I think the big red bold words state pretty clearly that the article contains spoilers for season 3 and not to read if you don't want to be spoiled.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think the big red bold words state pretty clearly that the article contains spoilers for season 3 and not to read if you don't want to be spoiled.
                            There were pretty big and bold, I have to agree!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X