PDA

View Full Version : Which season of SG-1 was the worst?-Opinion Poll (SPOILERS-All Seasons)

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
June 25th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I want to know what you guys think which season of SG-1 was the worst.

This is your own personal opinion.

I voted for Season 1 because of the 21 episode only 3 of them were good in my opinion: Solitudes, Within the Serpents Grasp, and The Torment of Tantalus.

The Signal
June 25th, 2006, 12:52 PM
8, as bad as 9 was at times, episodes like Prototype and The Powers That Be save it from this particular razzie in my book

ReganX
June 25th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Season Nine, there's no question whatsoever in my mind about it.

RepliCartertje
June 25th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I really loved season 1 till 7 and 8 was also nice but 9: no I didn't like that soo much... maybe I expected to much of it...

sueKay
June 25th, 2006, 01:27 PM
definitely s9...with s5 and s8 tying for 2nd place

L.A. Doyle
June 25th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Season 9 was the worst out of the bunch. Not a complete failure, but it was definitely lacking-at least for me.

Major Gambit
June 25th, 2006, 03:23 PM
none of them are bad, but if i HAD to pick one, it would be season 1. lots ofd corny episodes

Descent
September 1st, 2006, 08:32 PM
Season One, no doubt about it. I still cringe everytime I think about "Hathor", "The Broca Divide", "Emancapation", "Brief Candle" and "The First Commandment".
Still had a few great episodes but not that many. Second worst was probably...Season 7. Way too many Carter episodes, not enough Jack.

Nope, not a season I'm gonna watch again very soon.

NightGloom
September 1st, 2006, 08:43 PM
Season 8... I was just bored through a lot of it.

ccdsah
September 2nd, 2006, 07:54 PM
season 9

Callista
September 2nd, 2006, 08:02 PM
And here I thought I'd be all alone saying season 1. I can hardly stand to watch most of the episodes in season 1. I agree with Major Gambit in that there seems to be a high corn factor going there. Jack seems really mean to Daniel most of the time. Daniel seems kind of spacey a lot. Teal'c has such a deep frown you'd think he'd get facial cramps. Sam is pretty cute (OK, so this one is a plus). Frasier has some pretty wacked out hair in some of the episodes....."Emancipation", "Broca Divide", and "Brief Candle" are painful to watch and what's with the full frontal nudity in "Children of the Gods"? My brother bought that season for my Mom for Christmas a couple of years ago (it's her favorite show) and it was the first time the rest of us had seen it. So, here we are all watching the first episode with my 70-year-old mother and Shar'e bares all. We were all giving my mom a hard time about the kind of shows she watches and she was absolutely mortified!
I'm glad I started watching with season 7. I suspect that if I'd tried to start from the beginning, I would have turned it off after a couple of episodes and never watched again.

Cosmic Chicken
September 2nd, 2006, 08:13 PM
I voted Season 9. They did less exploration, Daniel was emotionally unstable (he still is rather annoying these days), and everything was Ori, this Ori that!
Something bad happens..."It was the Ori!"
"Any news on the Ori?"
"We just love talking about the Ori!" (exaggerations [of course])
:docianime15:
There were few episodes of season 9, where the Ori went unmentioned.

Actually I liked Doci..He's funny! "*exaggerated manaical voice* All who do not accept the path of Origen shall be destroyed!!!!!!!"

I just broke the tie between seasons 1 and 9.

Show's first seasons are often not as good as the later ones; they just need time to develop characters and such.

shipper hannah
September 3rd, 2006, 10:20 AM
i'd say 1 and 9.
1 because the only ones which i wold want to rewatch would be solitudes, torment of tantalus, there but for the grace of god and the season finale (can't remember which 'serpent' it was..)
9 because i just don't get much of an urge to rewatch any of them, except perhaps the season finale. mostly because of jack not being there.

TheWarrior
September 3rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
I voted for Season 9 - didn't like as much as the others. The team didn't really gel right in my eyes

Missster.Freeman
September 3rd, 2006, 10:45 AM
Season 9. A season too far, imo.

kmiller1610
September 5th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Most season ones are pretty bad with the clear exception of Trek:TOS. Season One was its best. Season One of Gate was annoying to me because they played the movie music under so many scenes. But season one was also establishing the characters who would carry the show for many seasons and the foundation was well laid.

Season nine was the biggest miscarriage of a great Sc-Fi series I have ever seen. It was worse than Trek:TOS season three. It was all the things I hate about bad sci-fi. Magical bad guys. Characters losing their way. New characters who violate all the rules and precedents and science that went before. Just bloody awful. At least in season ten, they are back to wearing their uniforms.

Captain-Peregrine
September 5th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Gotta say season 9. There were like... five or six really good episodes, but the entire season in general just sort of... well, it wasn't really good. I'm blaming it on the ending for Season 8---great ending!, but it left nothing for season 9 to start with. After 8 years it's hard to get the ball rolling again. Let's see if they can pull if off for this last season and at least make it better--so far, so good.

scifi_girl
September 6th, 2006, 06:04 AM
season nine

Sully9989
September 6th, 2006, 06:50 PM
I'd have to say season 3
I haven't seen enough of nine to be able to tell if I like or hate it yet and while I admit season one was high on the cheesey factor i actually liked alot of its episodes. To me season 3 didn't really have anything important in it.

sword1986
September 7th, 2006, 11:06 AM
they where all good

DeathKneeler
September 7th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I have to say season 9. Well, it was a huge change to all of us that have been watching it forever. Jack was gone and their just wasn't enough Sam in it for me. I am a huge Sam and Jack fan so their is my reason... I am still glad it is on though, would completly go out of my mind if it went off :-)...:sam:

SoulReaver
September 24th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I deemed "worst" inappropriate so I answered "none of them were bad"

(my least favourite was s9 because of change of cast, but IMO things improved again thereafter :cool: )

scifithinker
September 24th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Nine, by a wide margin.

aacid
September 24th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Not a single season stands out as bad to me. All of them had a lot of good eps. S9 to me did extremely well, and I'm actually buying that season before one and five. I've got aqll the others.

suse
September 25th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I voted for S9. I thought only two episodes were rewatchable. Ethon and The Scourge.

The otrers I was mostly sorry I watched the first time, except for a few choice bits that wouldn't give me enough enjoyment to bother searching for them. Assuming I had bothered to keep the tapes or was willing to buy the DVD's. :(

Suse
owner of an forever incomplete collection
Is it incomplete if I don't consider S9 to be SG-1?
Things that make you go "Hmmmm."

nebulan
January 2nd, 2007, 09:32 AM
The Ori cannot compare to the coolness of the Goa'uld! :P

mckaychick
January 2nd, 2007, 09:37 AM
i voted for s.9