This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating Asgard Ships for the Ori War

The Asgard have been knocking around Atlantis and the wepon in Antartica dont you think its strange that they havnt attempted to encorporate the Drone Technology into their own ships. I mean if was them and I was going to pay back the people of earth for saving my little grey butt I would at least add a drone gun to my ship. At least that way they would have a chance against the Orii!

What do you guys think, Ancient wepons on Asgard and Earth ships in the near future?

i think they wont understand it or have the ability to control the drones, hell none of us can even start to imagine why the drones can by pass the shields
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
      i think they wont understand it or have the ability to control the drones, hell none of us can even start to imagine why the drones can by pass the shields
      The replicators were able to bypass asgard shields. Maybe the asgard could have extracted it from replicator communications data.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

I also think it's odd that the Asgards dont have a full time crew at Atlantis. Make it a joint venture between earth and he Asgards and anything that is found and/or any tech coming out of the research there is shared equally between the two races.

But that would make too much sense.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
          Maybe they're a bit like the Tollan technology that could go through things...

Comment

I think the Asgard are still busy rebuilding.

Comment

They JUST finished designing the ONeill and they were rebuilding... more war stuff probably isn't what they have in mind.
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

the o'neill if barely 5-6 years old!

considering this isn't their battle they should be concentrating on rebuilding and trying to fix they genetic problems. they would help us with the goauld. contract over. lol

fact they are still helping means a lot.
                A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

if i remeber right, the protected planets treaty went null several years back, goulds are always causing us problems. i think they help us because they owe us.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                    considering this isn't their battle they should be concentrating on rebuilding and trying to fix they genetic problems. they would help us with the goauld. contract over. lol

fact they are still helping means a lot.
                    it's everyones battle! It is basically the Ori versus everyone in the galaxy or the allies of this galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
                      it's everyones battle! It is basically the Ori versus everyone in the galaxy or the allies of this galaxy.
                      Yeah we helped them defeat the replicators, which should've been their own problem. The least they could do is help us upgrade our weapons or just send more ships.
                      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

They have repaid Earth already by providing engine and shield technology. I think its pretty much their own business if they don't want to give out weapon technology to a race who hasn't really got a unified planetary government and a planet with most of its population unaware of the Stargate or things happening offworld.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

NO seriously, we have saved the Asgards gray little butts like 3 different times, they owe us WAY more than they have given us.
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Yeah but look what they did for us:
                            -Sponsored us into the Protected Planets Treaty, they didnt have to but they did
                            -Gave Earth shielding and advanced hyperdrive technology
                            -INTERFERED in Earth politics by appearing before the nations and telling them that the Asgard PREFERED the Stargate be in the US's hands
                            -Send a ship to help against the Ori situation (yes just one ship but they didnt have to even enter into the conflict either just like we didnt have to fight the replicators)
                            -Fixed Earth after the whole alternate reality problem affecting it with the multiple SG teams arriving

Its not like they didnt do anything and didnt help at all. Some of the above are pretty big favours mind you from one 'nation' to another.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

You forgot that they saved Oneill's life, and that there is an Asgard helping the Daedalus.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X