This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators

I don't under stand one thing about the ancient weapon that wiped out the Replicators. it was supposed to destroy every thing, within the frequecy range, in a planet's surface and orbit. does that mean that every replicator was on a stargate's planet's surface and/ or orbit? or did the few that survived just flee to another galaxy? if so then that might mean that replicator sam is still alive somewhere out there with her body remade by the survivers!
    The MT one has MT will,
    The MT one is MT still!!!
    ||| savestargatesg1.com |||
    ||| save sg1 |||

Originally posted by MTgate
    I don't under stand one thing about the ancient weapon that wiped out the Replicators. it was supposed to destroy every thing, within the frequecy range, in a planet's surface and orbit. does that mean that every replicator was on a stargate's planet's surface and/ or orbit? or did the few that survived just flee to another galaxy? if so then that might mean that replicator sam is still alive somewhere out there with her body remade by the survivers!
    The ancient weapon had to be recalibrated so it could be used to wipe out only the replicators. They had to use the device O'Neill's mind built in New Order as a template.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
      The ancient weapon had to be recalibrated so it could be used to wipe out only the replicators. They had to use the device O'Neill's mind built in New Order as a template.
      I knew that i was just asking if, since the weapon was only supposed to destroy the replicators on and/or orbiting a planet, all the replicator where in that position or if some that were to far away from any planet survived and whent to another galaxy to recreate replicator Sam's body? - since her mind would not be completely wiped out if some of her replicators survived.
      The MT one has MT will,
      The MT one is MT still!!!
      ||| savestargatesg1.com |||
      ||| save sg1 |||

Comment

Originally posted by MTgate
        I knew that i was just asking if, since the weapon was only supposed to destroy the replicators on and/or orbiting a planet, all the replicator where in that position or if some that were to far away from any planet survived and whent to another galaxy to recreate replicator Sam's body? - since her mind would not be completely wiped out if some of her replicators survived.
        That's always a possibility. I need ato stop skim reading posts.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

I've been wondering that since the day that Reckoning aired. I mean, solar systems are LIGHT YEARS apart, right? What if just one replicator ships was a light year away from Dakarra when that thing went off? Then we'd still have the replicators!

I guess were just supposed to assume that every replicator in the universe showed up at Dakarra in an attempt to take it over, and then they all got wiped out. Pretty convienent lol
          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

IMO, some replicators are definitely still out there. No way we wiped all of them out. But, we did severely weaken them. I don't think they'll be challenging us again anytime real soon.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If you remember, that is why they activate outgoing wormholes to every gate in the network, so the wave would go overywhere.

In theory, there could have been one replicator on vacation somewhere outside the network of gates, but I seriously doubt the writers would go to so much trouble creating a weapon to destroy them all just to bring them back. They were a second rate enemy, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by EventHorizon
                They were a second rate enemy, anyway.
                Personally, I liked the Replicators. I feel that they definitely had their moments. To each their own, right?
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

reps were entetaining and we didnt really loose them because of
                  Spoiler:
                  the asurans in season 3 of atlantis

but i was under the impression that at dakara they gave an all come signal.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

As mentioned, the energy wave could not reach the entire galaxy so they had to calibrate the Stargate (with Baals help of course) so ALL the gates would be dealed. The energy wave then would spread from Dakara (as well as into surrounding space) and move through the gate to different worlds. Now remember that RepliCarter was in command of the Replicators at this time and she made heavy use of the Stargate. Ironically, this might have doomed the Replicators as the wave would hit every world with a gate thus destroying all the Replicators.

However, I think it was mentioned that its POSSIBLE that a few Replicators survived either in the void between galaxies or in space far away from a Stargate. But whether this means they will come back to SG-1? Doubtful as TPTB made it clear that the Anubis and Replicator storyline has ended and newer enemies would replace them namely the Ori.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                    X