This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ashen

are the ashen going to come back or are they dead?
    The MT one has MT will,
    The MT one is MT still!!!
    ||| savestargatesg1.com |||
    ||| save sg1 |||

I don't know if they are coming back, but I have no real reason to believe that they are all dead. If the SGC could get out of the pickle they were in because of the black hole planet, then the Aschen certainly could. And I have a hunch they were nearly as advanced as the Tollen were, so likely they could have forestalled any sort of Goa'uld invasion.

In fact, their apparent lack of any form of interstellar travel, aside from the Stargate, might actually have saved them, by and large, by not attracting any "bad" attention.
    "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
    -----

Comment

The concensus is that they dialed the first on the list of progressively darker gate addresses that we provided them and then were destroyed by the black hole. But the Ashen were a federation of planets so it's possible that some are still around.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MTgate
        are the ashen going to come back or are they dead?
        They will come back when a writer pens a good enough ep. for everyone to like. Then and only then wil TPTB say OK. so until then we hope and hope to kill them destroy them one day. Me I personaly like the ep. where they get bent because the frist gate address was to a black hole. And of sourse they survived because after all we did and they are way more advanced then us so I am pretty sure they did to. But it did destroy their homeworld so they gathered up all of their fleet to come and destroy us. I can't remember if it was a real ep or someone made it up on the forum. Either way it is better then them putting us on trial.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
          The concensus is that they dialed the first on the list of progressively darker gate addresses that we provided them and then were destroyed by the black hole. But the Ashen were a federation of planets so it's possible that some are still around.
          I just thought of something that might indicate that their Stargate at least was destroyed. By the time that they dial the black hole planet, the black hole's influence, even taking into account time dialation (which the writers really messed up on, but we won't worry about that), should have been so great that once they opened the gate their own base of Gate operations should have been destroyed almost immediately (I often wondered why the dialing gate wouldn't be destroyed as well).

Of course, the other possibility is that the gate on the black hole planet was destroyed and the planet thus undialable. In which case, the "progressively worse destinations" thing goes into effect.

Though I'm not sure what would be worse than a black hole....
          "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
          -----

Comment

ive been wondering that too
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Um there was an ep in line for season 9 when the aschen homeworld is devistated and they come with a fleet demanding that a trial be held for sg-1 who pretty muich wiped out their race...adn teh diplomat guy was still alive... but I don't know where it is on the site

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                ive been wondering that too
                Me too. What could be worse? A neutron star? The gate would probably just be pulled in by it's immense gravity.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

The Aschen are definitely not all dead. If they did open the gate to the black hole planet, they would have only lost one world among many. I've said this in several threads, but I would love to see them pop up again to cause trouble for SG-1. Afterall, they probably have a score to settle with us.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i hope to see them again, just so we know what can be worst than a black hole
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                      i hope to see them again, just so we know what can be worst than a black hole
                      Neutron star, supermassive black hole. I'm sure there's more.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

I was also wondering if they would be visited by a prior,after all they are human, and in that case what would they do?
                        The MT one has MT will,
                        The MT one is MT still!!!
                        ||| savestargatesg1.com |||
                        ||| save sg1 |||

Comment

I think Black holes are worse than neutron stars. And I don't think there are many planets with Gates near supermassive black holes. Maybe that water planet was one of them?

Anyway, keep in mind that the Aschen were NEW to Gate Travel, so they would NOT know about that little shaped charge trick that makes the wormhole jump to a new gate. However, they are sufficiently advanced that they could probably destory the gate and Fly away or some other solution. As far as them having interstellar travel... they are a confederation of PLANETS, so obviously they have some means of interstellar travel, right?
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by MTgate
                            I was also wondering if they would be visited by a prior,after all they are human, and in that case what would they do?
                            Knowing what they'd be facing, they'd probably give in to the Ori. Then, we'd have even more trouble to deal with.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              Knowing what they'd be facing, they'd probably give in to the Ori. Then, we'd have even more trouble to deal with.
                              That would suck.
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                              X