This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Sangraal (spoilers)

So I was once again wondering, (as i like to do) about the future of SG1.
    And one of the things that came to mind was the fabled Sangraal, or as it may be more commonly known the holy grail. In season 10 SG1 searches for the Sangraal to use as a weapon that could quite possibly destroy (cancel out) the Ori.

Now many of you are angry about the over-use of ancient tech in the stargate universe, and I'm sure that the introduction of the Sangraal has made a few of you a little .......... unhappy shall we say.

So what I wanted to here, was not to hear what you think the Sangraal is or does, but how you think it will be used in the story, how you think it will be found, if you think it will be the sloution to the Ori we think it is and I want your over all opinion on the introduction of this new tech to season 10 .

Unless the ancients end up going to war with the Ori then, yes, I think it will be the ultimate solution to them. I think we will learn to deal with them and probably manage to even start destroying some of their ships and fighting off some of their troops in our galaxy before then. But they'll keep coming, they have the resources of an entire galaxy at their disposal and all the time in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
      So what I wanted to here, was not to hear what you think the Sangraal is or does, but how you think it will be used in the story, how you think it will be found, if you think it will be the sloution to the Ori we think it is and I want your over all opinion on the introduction of this new tech to season 10 .
      What I think could happen, they would hunt for the hidden object all season and the Sangraal would be hidden in plain sight.

Comment

Hmm, It's hard to say.

Personally, I'm hoping it wasn't as simple as the made it sound like it was in Camelot. I mean, turn it on and chuck it through a Stargate.

I acutally hope it's broken/incomplete. Failing that, it would be cool if the Ancients objected to us having so much power over them.
        An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

well we must keep in mind that we cant activate it in our galaxy or it will eliminate our ancients
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
            I don't think they will be able to use it, the Ori will discover, that they are looking for a weapon capable of canceling them out. If they find it, it will probably have been shifted to another dimension, Merlin isn't just going to leave a weapon, capable of killing his fellow in Ancient's in plain sight, for everyone to use. A Goa'uld won't find it, because then the Ancient's will have to step in, and Prior won't find it, for the same reason. They won't just be able to send it through the Supergate, into the Ori home galaxy, without the Ori knowing exactly what they are doing. And, if the Ori discover it, which they more than likely will, it probably won't take them too much time, to create an Ori countermeasure, seeing as how they were able to create those ships, weapons, and so forth, in such a short amount of time.

Comment

Except that it is going to be hard for them to create a countermeasure when they're completely powerless, assuming the weapon works as described.

Comment

i agree with greytop that it will have been in plainsight
                and then i also agree with Chutzpah in hoping that it doesn't work

I think that the Sangraal is too convenient, i hope that they can't use it straight away.

Comment

Well, I think the Ancients would understand if we used the device in our galaxy and then theirs. On the other hand, I think it's an elaborate trap set up by Mirdin and the Tau'ri + Asgard + Furlings are going to have to come up with a device themselves (Think about it: McKay, Kvasir, insert Furling name that will immediately make sense and recognize once we hear it here), working together. Hell, they should make a show just about that.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

hopefully it'll be out of power or something. i want this to continue going for a few more years
                    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Personally, I think the search for the Sangraal will take longer than some people expect. I wouldn't count on the Ori being destroyed so easily.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i think merlin would have hid it out of phase so it would take us an even longer time, just for the heck of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                          Hmm, It's hard to say.

Personally, I'm hoping it wasn't as simple as the made it sound like it was in Camelot. I mean, turn it on and chuck it through a Stargate.

I'd prefer that it need to be thrown directly into the Flames of Enlightenment itself, meaning there'd have to be a pretty big assault on Celestis to accomplish that goal. Would make for a pretty nice series finale in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten
                            I'd prefer that it need to be thrown directly into the Flames of Enlightenment itself, meaning there'd have to be a pretty big assault on Celestis to accomplish that goal. Would make for a pretty nice series finale in my opinion.
                            oh that would be very cool

Comment

Would that work though? because if the Ori are ascended beings can't they just vanish?

Comment

Working...
                              X