X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate and Happy Father's Day!

Darren - Happy First Father's Day!

There were a couple of heartwarming stories in the news today about Father's Day, and Stargate was also mentioned in a couple of them:

From The Daily Herald (Everett, WA):

http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/06/...1family001.cfm

Family First
    A young couple works to keep siblings together after a tragedy.

By Diana Hefley
    Herald Writer

MARYSVILLE - He never really questioned what he would do.

The decision wouldn't be easy, though it was obvious.

Tyler Ringen and his wife, Fawn, had to keep the family together.

**snippage**

Tyler Ringen, 25, and his 23-year-old bride understood. It was up to them to care for Fawn Ringen's three teenage siblings after the death of her parents.

Darrell and Sandra Knapp and their son Noah, 6, of Marysville died last year after a pickup truck hauling a travel trailer smashed head-on into their car on I-5 near Marysville.

The couple left behind five children.

"We needed to keep the family together. What kind of person would I be if I didn't?" Tyler Ringen said. "I don't ever recall discussing what we were going to do. There wasn't anyone else."

The Ringens, who married just two months before the crash, have since moved into the Knapp family home.

They live there with their son Isaiah, 2, and three of Fawn Ringen's siblings: Amber, 17; Jeanine, 14; and Tony, 13.

**major snippage**

They like hanging out and watching "CSI" and "Stargate" with their brother-in-law.

**major snippage**

Copyright © 2006 The Daily Herald Co.

*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

From MYSA.com (My San Antonio - San Antonio, TX):

http://www.mysanantonio.com/salife/s....96ebd862.html

LIFESTYLE

Dear ol' Dad tops to Daddy's girls

Web Posted: 06/18/2006 12:00 AM CDT
    Elaine Ayala
    San Antonio Express-News

**snippage**

A daughter's bond with her father is “the lens she will use for future relationships,” says Charles Gutierrez, a San Antonio psychologist who specializes in treating children and adolescents. “The extreme would be that no one will ever measure up to dad.”

In this way, Mercedes Ramcharan faces a challenge. The community relations and development coordinator for the San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind says hers is the best father in the world.

Bede Ramcharan, a retired Army lieutenant colonel, runs his own transportation and logistics company with offices in San Antonio, Atlanta, Houston and Roswell, N.M. He's a Cibolo city councilman and sits on various nonprofit boards. He's accomplished and successful.

“I'm going to make him blush,” Mercedes Ramcharan says. “But I just think he is the greatest guy ever. Honest. He's smart, funny. He has ambition and drive. He'll do anything for you, and he gives before he takes. ..... My mother is always saying I'm taking his side on things,” she adds, and that “I laugh at all his jokes.”

Similar interests also bind them. They're fans of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” and “Monty Python.” Sci-fi Friday nights start with “Stargate SG-1” and end with “Battlestar Galactica.”

**snippage**

© 2006 KENS 5 and the San Antonio Express-News

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X