X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Beau Bridges: LA Daily News: "Spinning Into Butter"

From the LA Daily News:

http://www.dailynews.com/celebrities/ci_3936984

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Parker wows co-star Bridges in hate-crime drama

BY MARILYN BECK AND STACY JENEL SMITH

Get ready to see a whole different, more serious side of Sarah Jessica Parker's acting when the upcoming big-screen project "Spinning Into Butter" goes into release.

"I was really, really impressed with her work," declares Beau Bridges, who plays a professor in the feature adaptation of Rebecca Gilman's play involving hate crimes at a liberal university.

"Sarah Jessica's character is the new dean at the university where this kid is a victim of a series of racial crimes," he says. "My character is a forward-thinking person, who organizes meetings of students about this, then people get fired up and have fights."

"Spinning Into Butter" was just one of several projects Bridges was able to take on during his hiatus from "Stargate SG-1." Another was George Clooney's "The Good German" feature, which "takes place at the fall of Berlin in World War II and right after, when the U.S., Russia, England and France were occupying Germany. I play the guy who served as governor of Berlin."

Beau knows commanding officers, having researched the military intensely enough to produce a 50-page document that he used - and shared with the "Stargate SG 1" writers - to help form the basis of his Maj. Gen. Hank Landry character on the hugely popular Sci Fi Channel series, which begins airing its 10th season July 14.

As for whether he looked forward to returning to the long-running show after all his outside gigs, Bridges laughs. "Absolutely! There are aliens to be killed. I'm having such a great time on this job."

**snippity doo-dah((

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X