X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size of the To'kra fleet? exodus, reckoning, and camelot spoilers

Size of the To'kra fleet? *exodus, reckoning, and camelot* spoilers

In the finalle of season 9 the fleet that was gathered was said to be composed of Tok'ra and Jaffa ships. As well as the human ships and the single Asgard ship. My question is how big is the To'kra fleet and how did they come to posess such a fleet? In Exodus in season 4 they clearly say that the To'kra have never had a military fleet when compared to the Gua'ould. Every time a To'kra ship is called for it has been one of the unarmed cargo ships.

I suppose that the logical inferment is that following the defeat of the Gua'ould the To'kra took posession of a number of the defeated or abandoned ships. However, there was only one To'kra at the battle of Dakara. But he wasn't in a position to claim any of the empty replicator ships or the defeated Ba'al ships. I find it highly unlikely that that the Jaffa Nation willingly handed over any military asset to the To'kra. Was this To'kra fleet made up of ships that were repoed from other Gua'ould who were not present at dakara?

I think we could get a good story out of the To'kra now that they have become a military power. Are they still in caves? Do they have a centralized goverment? Are they finding new hosts and spawning new Larva? Could the Jaffa not on Tretonin be carrying To'kra larva now? How do they make larva without a queen, clones? What keeps them frombecoming like the Gua'ould now that they have ships and an empire, and how are they percieved? Are they hunting down Gua'ould like the Nazi hunters after WWII? And lastly, how are we going to see the To'kra in season 10????
    Last edited by kymeric; 13 June 2006, 10:17 AM.

Perhaps I missed something, but I don't recall the Tok'ra getting in on the battle at the supergate. The ships were Tauri, Asgard, and Lucian.
    scifiultraists.0catch.com
    Science Fiction news, reviews, and more

Comment

Emmerson stated that there were tokra.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I wouldn't really call it a fleet. It was probably all of 2 or 3 ships that were tokra. The rest were FJN and LA motherships.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

It seems likely that the Tok'ra could have eaisly captured many ships after the replicators were wiped out. Those ships were probably sitting there abandoned, and remember, they did have that system which showed the location of many ships, which would have given them a leg up on capturing some for themselves.

Comment

well i think its kind of safe to consider the tokra as an extict race now, but surely hope that they arent. we havent heard from them all season, they werent in the supergate battle
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Perhaps they used the small fleets some of the undercover Tok'ra operatives probably had control of. A few episodes stated that there were Tok'ra posing and minor Goa'uld gods. Chances are their bosses (for lack of a better word) gave them a small fleet.

That is, provided they could convince the Jaffa that they were infact Tok'ra and to not kill them.
              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Jacob was the only Tok'ra we knew of that was present in that system at the time.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

Well we can't jump to the conclusion that there weren't any Tok'ra ships in that fight.

If it was said by a character that there are/were tok'ra ships there, then TPTB have made it abundantly clear there are.

And yes, i can see how it would be easy for the tok'ra to capture a few ships that were replicator controlled from reckoning part 2. The only issue that comes to mind for the tok'ra capturing motherships, is man power, i was under the impression their numbers were getting smaller. I would be suprised that they could properly/fully crew 2 motherships without having all their other operations cut back severly, if kept going at all.

We shalt see.
                  And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by MiniHerc
                    Well we can't jump to the conclusion that there weren't any Tok'ra ships in that fight.

If it was said by a character that there are/were tok'ra ships there, then TPTB have made it abundantly clear there are.

And yes, i can see how it would be easy for the tok'ra to capture a few ships that were replicator controlled from reckoning part 2. The only issue that comes to mind for the tok'ra capturing motherships, is man power, i was under the impression their numbers were getting smaller. I would be suprised that they could properly/fully crew 2 motherships without having all their other operations cut back severly, if kept going at all.

We shalt see.
                    Jacob was the only Tok'ra present at the battle for Dakara.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

Not every Mothership in the Galaxy was at Dakara

Hundreds of other Goa'uld were out their with their own ships, in the mass Jaffa rebellion that followed Dakara the Tok'ra could easily have seized control of some ships
                      sigpic

Comment

The To'kra are one of those little arcs that TBTP are gradually fading out of the picture. I'd even go and say that it was one of the only arcs that aren't completely dropped, but are mentioned from time and time again. I sincerely doubt that we will actually see any To'kra in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                          Jacob was the only Tok'ra present at the battle for Dakara.
                          I don't remember anyone in that episode stating that. Maybe there were more just not seen in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                            I don't remember anyone in that episode stating that. Maybe there were more just not seen in the episode.
                            He had come to the SGC without the knowledge of the rest of the Tok`ra and brought the fleet tracking device without their knowledge too. I think its safe to assume that as he was the only Tok`ra seen and it was not inferred that there were any others there, that he was the only one.
                            Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                            Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I, like Oneill, found Jacob to be the only tolerable Tok'ra. So if they all kindof died out I don't really give a damn.
                              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Working...
                              X