This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future RDA appearances

Hey all. If you're like me, you'd want more Jack episodes in the (hopefully) future seasons. Well, the following quote is taken from the Pegasus Galaxy Forum regarding the recent Sea Shepherd event:

Originally posted by Deb
    As for things he [RDA] said - hmmm - he had one more episode of SGA to film. (I think he was actually heading up there to film it.) I told him that I hope we'll be seeing him in more SG eps - he said "write letters" - I told him I didn't think we needed to do that - but he grinned and said "write letters"

Pegasus Galaxy Forum - Direct link to post with last quote being quoted above
    So, please, write letters! Also, would love to know how to write to him

Also, this thread is not an invite to either Pro's or Anti's. I just want to spread the word to the fanbase on getting RDA into more episodes for the (in my optimistic view) upcoming seasons. Whether we will be getting more -as well as if there should be- seasons is up for debate.. just not here

I'm afraid I WONT be writing letters,

The fact their bringing him back is a CHEAP fracking way to please the fanbase and LESSEN his leaving.

The fact hes gonna be back is just gonna make the "fanbase" winge for him to come back - and fod a guy who wanted to spend more time with family....was a year all he wanted?

I'm sorry, I think RDA was great, but now its time to pass the torch adn lessen his role DRAMATICALLY to the point that its about the NEW Sg-1, not the old...

GOOD example: Someones sig 'Out with the new (pik of mitchells SG1) And in with the old (insert O'neills SG1)'

Blitz x
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
      I'm afraid I WONT be writing letters,

The fact their bringing him back is a CHEAP fracking way to please the fanbase and LESSEN his leaving.

The fact hes gonna be back is just gonna make the "fanbase" winge for him to come back - and fod a guy who wanted to spend more time with family....was a year all he wanted?

I'm sorry, I think RDA was great, but now its time to pass the torch adn lessen his role DRAMATICALLY to the point that its about the NEW Sg-1, not the old...

GOOD example: Someones sig 'Out with the new (pik of mitchells SG1) And in with the old (insert O'neills SG1)'

Blitz x
      Wow. I couldn't disagree with you more.

I mean, I miss him terribly, I think the fanbase misses him, the show certainly is different without him (and not in a good way) and it's clear that he wants to do more.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
        Hey all. If you're like me, you'd want more Jack episodes in the (hopefully) future seasons. Well, the following quote is taken from the Pegasus Galaxy Forum regarding the recent Sea Shepherd event:

So, please, write letters! Also, would love to know how to write to him

Also, this thread is not an invite to either Pro's or Anti's. I just want to spread the word to the fanbase on getting RDA into more episodes for the (in my optimistic view) upcoming seasons. Whether we will be getting more -as well as if there should be- seasons is up for debate.. just not here
        I'm not real big on writing letters as I understand that letter writing campaigns have brought out the nutjobs in a few different fandoms...but if he's asking us to do it then I'm in.

Where do I write and to whom?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'd be thrilled to have RDA back in as many episodes as he wants to be back in. Twenty per season would suit me just fine it that's what he wanted to do.

If you're thinking of mine, it's a picture of five Mitchells under "Out With The New" and the original team under "Back With The Gold".

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Do we write Sony/Sci-fi/ Bridge. I'm willing to write all three.

Comment

i would love to see jack return and i think so would a few others...
              SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                Do we write Sony/Sci-fi/ Bridge. I'm willing to write all three.
                Exactly. I'm thinking we'd have to write to more than just the folks at Bridge to see any kind of positive response...but I'd need to know to whom to address correspondence to all three groups.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  If you're thinking of mine, it's a picture of five Mitchells under "Out With The New" and the original team under "Back With The Gold".
                  Your right, my mistake.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Wow. I couldn't disagree with you more.

I mean, I miss him terribly, I think the fanbase misses him, the show certainly is different without him (and not in a good way) and it's clear that he wants to do more.

Yea...The person who wants to play Janet Fraiser wants to do more...doesn't mean shes gonna get to.

And as for it not being different in a good way - I and several others would have to disagree with you there....but thats because we all have different opinions and rarely will share the same feelings.

Yes, the fanbase miss him, but that should not alter the fact that this is a new SG1, a new story, a new journey, yes - bring him back, but don't bring him back this much, so that it cheapens his leaving and the introduction of Mitchell.

Blitz
                  Blitz

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Your right, my mistake.

Yea...The person who wants to play Janet Fraiser wants to do more...doesn't mean shes gonna get to.

And as for it not being different in a good way - I and several others would have to disagree with you there....but thats because we all have different opinions and rarely will share the same feelings.

Yes, the fanbase miss him, but that should not alter the fact that this is a new SG1, a new story, a new journey, yes - bring him back, but don't bring him back this much, so that it cheapens his leaving and the introduction of Mitchell.

Blitz
                    I've been disappointed with the Mitchell character regardless of whether or not RDA makes appearances. Further, I don't believe that RDA would return fulltime no matter what happens.

It's not like the Jonas Quinn/Daniel Jackson scenario here, where Shanks was gone for a year and Corin took his place as the "sociopolitical nerd" on the team that "had" to leave when Shanks returned.

And to suggest that bringing Jack back cheapens Mitchell in some way somehow intimates that the characters are on equal footing as lead characters...and on that topic I disagree entirely. Mitchell is so completely out of his league with the other three it's not even funny.

I know there are some who like this new direction...but keep in mind there are some (dare I say A LOT) of people who detest it with a fiery passion.

I think they're scared that having Jack around...even minimally...will highlight what a trainwreck and mismatch Mitchell is on the show because Jack fits so seemlessly and effortlessly and Mitchell just...doesn't.

ON EDIT: Oh and if letters from fans can get more RDA appearances, maybe they can get more Teryl appearances too since she wants to come back. Frankly, I'd love to see her back full time in some capacity because IMHO, the show never fully recovered from her loss.
                    Last edited by Uber; 12 June 2006, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily

self explanatory
                      Edit: No arguments over characters. Please save it for another thread
                      Last edited by Ltcolshepjumper; 12 June 2006, 01:39 PM.
                      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I'm looking for info on how to write to RDA too. Unfortunately, the person whom I quoted didn't say.. just that RDA would welcome letters if we want him back as a guest star.. it wouldn't hurt to write to Bridge or Sony either! : D

Comment

"And to suggest that bringing Jack back cheapens Mitchell in some way somehow intimates that the characters are on equal footing as lead characters...and on that topic I disagree entirely. Mitchell is so completely out of his league with the other three it's not even funny."

Perhaps that has something to do with the fact that Teal'c, Jackson and Carter have 8/9 years of character development, where as Mitchell has erm...very little?

"I think they're scared that having Jack around...even minimally...will highlight what a trainwreck and mismatch Mitchell is on the show because Jack fits so seemlessly and effortlessly and Mitchell just...doesn't."

LMAO! I like Mitchell, I like how hes not perfect. Personally I think Season 9 was great, why? Because it was new. It wasnt Jack making jokes and one liners and the normal Sg1 thing. We didnt have the same old enemies and same old Jack lines like we would of if he was still around.

Blitz x
                          Blitz

Comment

Ack! I respect all views, but really, I don't ever participate in either anti or pro (anything) threads.. and I would hate that my first EVER thread (yay me! ) will turn into one.

I like RDA. I like his character. I just want to see him back as a guest star if nothing else. I'm not commenting on how and where the show's going or other character's progress or lack thereof. The only reason this thread exists is for others who share the same fondness of the character and wish to see more of him back a way to get him back.

I love a good argument -er.. debate- as much as the next gal, but we already have tons of them floating around. I declare this thread a neutral ground to get the INFO out to the fanbase! : D

Comment

Jack started out as a Colonel with a background in black ops.
                              Give Mitchell a break
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X