PDA

View Full Version : "The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

D.C.
June 28th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Anyone looking forward to the new mini-series The 4400. It looks pretty decent, but for some reason U.S. mini-series aren't shown very often in Australia. We get them on DVD though.

TechnoBoY
June 30th, 2004, 07:26 PM
I am! It looks really interesting. We'll see in July.

Elwe Singollo
July 4th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Looks kind of dull to me, they get sent back, they don't remember anything at first, little things trigger their memories that was partially erased, thats what i bet may happen, but of course, i'll have to wait :)

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 07:21 AM
I thought the concept sounded kinda stupid, but the commercials actually have me curious. I'm pretty sure it'll still be stupid, but I may tune in anyway. Besides, it isn't as if there's anything BETTER to watch these days. ;)

keshou
July 4th, 2004, 09:22 AM
I'll probably give it a shot because it's the product of some of the Deep Space Nine people like Ira Behr, Rene Echevarria and Robert Hewitt Wolfe (who wrote hour 5).

There's a a semi-review (no real spoilers) and Q&A with Robert Hewitt Wolfe at:

http://enterline2.tripod.com/id34.html

I also note that RHW will probably be answering questions as this thing airs over at his usual hangout, www.exisle.net (a great board, btw).

Elwe Singollo
July 4th, 2004, 01:30 PM
I would rather watch The Simpsons, which is on at the sametime, haha... But if people say its interesting, i'm pretty sure USA will repeat it :)

DownFallAngel
July 4th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Reminds me of "Encounters of the Third Kind" at the very end, when everyone returns.

keshou
July 5th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Matt Roush gives The 4400 a pretty good review...

http://www.tvguide.com/tv/roush/review/

An excerpt:

If The Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits had ever dabbled in miniseries, the result might have been something as mindteasingly enjoyable as The 4400, an "event series" continuing on Sundays through August 8. Judging from the two-hour opener, this is the summer treat many of us have been waiting for. The 4400 refers to the thousands of people who, over the course of decades, mysteriously vanished in a white glare of light. The story kicks in as all 4400 return en masse, emerging from the mist of a strange comet. None has aged a day, and no one remembers a thing.

This is science fiction with a soul, following the painful readjustment of "returnees" to their disrupted lives while paranoid government types investigate the bizarre circumstances of their absence. The likeliest scenario: alien abduction, a theory given credence when some of the formerly missing exhibit strange new psychic abilities, including healing and precognition.

I particularly like the "science fiction with a soul" part. :)

D.C.
July 5th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Sounds awesome. :)

rihannsu
July 6th, 2004, 08:42 AM
I'll watch it. The concept sounds intriguing. I usually mess around and miss the second night of miniseries. This is a miniseries, is't it? :confused:

D.C.
July 6th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Yeah, it's a mini-series. It apparently has the potential to turn into a TV series, though. :)

TechnoBoY
July 11th, 2004, 12:18 PM
This is a "limited series". Its on tonight guys! Dont forget!

Elwe Singollo
July 11th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I'm having trouble if i should watch it or not :S

AgentX
July 11th, 2004, 02:56 PM
It looks interesting. Sadly instead of picking it up at the same time as the US, SPACE in Canada has decided to air the Stallone movie "Daylight"....

If I hear good things I may obtain it in the near future.

Elwe Singollo
July 11th, 2004, 02:58 PM
But i still stand by my guess about the show being like all the other 'abduction' mini-series's, i really liked Taken though :)

keshou
July 11th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Anyone watch the two hour premiere tonight? I thought it was pretty good, kept my attention. I wasn't blown away but liked it well enough that I'll try and catch the next episode. I didn't see Taken so can't tell you how this compares.

Garwin Sanford ("Narim" on SG-1) had a small role in the two-hour premiere.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E
Sadly the BWC seems to follow him because his character died. ;)

ShadowMaat
July 11th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Ah-HA! That WAS Garwin! I thought so, but the TV is at a funny angle from the comp.

I missed the first half hour. I hope they re-air it at some point. With all the spamming they've been doing to promote this thing I was actually shocked that they didn't immediately re-air it at 11. I'd been kinda counting on that. *sigh* Ah well. Looks interesting. I'm a bit tired of the Darling Little Child with Awesome Powers cliche, but we'll see how it all works out.

Elwe Singollo
July 11th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Ah-HA! That WAS Garwin! I thought so, but the TV is at a funny angle from the comp.

I missed the first half hour. I hope they re-air it at some point. With all the spamming they've been doing to promote this thing I was actually shocked that they didn't immediately re-air it at 11. I'd been kinda counting on that. *sigh* Ah well. Looks interesting. I'm a bit tired of the Darling Little Child with Awesome Powers cliche, but we'll see how it all works out.What did they air at 11? I was going to watch it, because yah, like you said, USA usually re-airs new things at 11 (10 for me), but yah, i missed it :( So in this series, theres a child with powers? Is it similar to Taken at all?

Shipperahoy
July 12th, 2004, 11:46 AM
They didn't air it again at 11:00 but they did air it at 12:00 a.m. so I got to watch the first 15 minutes that I had missed. I thought it was pretty good. I love Joel Gretsch. And poor Garwin. Looks like that BWC has followed him out of the Stargate universe.

Elwe Singollo
July 12th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Ok, that sucked, i missed it by an hour. I was sitting down drinking my drpepper during that time! Oh well, i'm sure one of my friends can fill me in :)

aAnubiSs
July 12th, 2004, 02:28 PM
How many episodes are there gonna be?

joshing123
July 12th, 2004, 02:38 PM
How many episodes are there gonna be?

I think it runs for 4 more weeks - one hour episodes.

I thought it was pretty good & I'm not much for alien abduction stories (I still haven't seen Taken).

TechnoBoY
July 12th, 2004, 09:15 PM
I thought it was okay. Kinda slow. Couldve been lots better. I'll keep watching though.

vikingjedi
July 12th, 2004, 10:27 PM
I thought it was pretty good.

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

It will be interesting to see what powers the others have. So far it seems that each person has a different ability. I liked the way they worked in how society had changed since they had been gone and how they really didnt have anywhere to go now. I dont know if anybody here has seen it, but it reminds me of a movie called "Flight of the Navigator" that came out in the 80's.

Overall I give it a 7 out of 10.

Elwe Singollo
July 13th, 2004, 12:32 AM
I caught a glimpse of this one part of the first episode, where glass shatters, and stuff, but since it was only a glimpse, i didn't know what was going on, i was guessing it was one of the abducted peoples powers or something, anyone know what i'm talking about? Haha...

Matt G
July 13th, 2004, 12:38 PM
I thought it was pretty good.

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

It will be interesting to see what powers the others have. So far it seems that each person has a different ability. I liked the way they worked in how society had changed since they had been gone and how they really didnt have anywhere to go now. I dont know if anybody here has seen it, but it reminds me of a movie called "Flight of the Navigator" that came out in the 80's.

Overall I give it a 7 out of 10.

You're dealing with someone who was a Flight of the Navigator addict as a kid. As I haven't seen that film for ages it'll certainly be wierd revisiting that concept, but it might be worth catching

keshou
July 14th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Bonnie Hammer's having a good week - great ratings for the two-hour premiere of "The 4400". An excerpt from the article at ---

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|89367|1|,00.html

More than 4400 people returned from alien abductions for USA's "The 4400" and fortunately for the cable network, they seem to have brought some friends. The show debuted on Sunday (July 11) and became the highest-rated and most-watched new series premiere ever on basic cable.
The two-hour premiere of what is currently seen as a six-hour series event drew a 5.7 household rating and a 3.5 rating among adults 18-49. Overall, 7.4 million people watched "The 4400."

"We're thrilled with the extraordinary response to 'The 4400' from critics as well as viewers," says Bonnie Hammer, president, USA Network. "Its success is a result of a great product enhanced by creative marketing and strong on-air promotion ? in other words, the total collaboration of a great team."

keshou
July 14th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Oh, and if you missed the premiere there's a few more opportunities to catch it. The schedule for July (all times USA ET)

JUL 15 08:00 PM THE 4400 (PREMIERE) PILOT, PT. 1 & 2
JUL 16 02:00 PM THE 4400 (PREMIERE) PILOT, PT. 1 & 2
JUL 17 12:00 AM THE 4400 (PREMIERE) PILOT, PT. 1 & 2
JUL 18 01:00 PM THE 4400 (PREMIERE) PILOT, PT. 1 & 2

JUL 18 09:00 PM THE 4400 THE NEW & IMPROVED CM
JUL 21 01:00 AM THE 4400 THE NEW & IMPROVED CM
JUL 23 01:00 PM THE 4400 THE NEW & IMPROVED CM
JUL 24 12:00 AM THE 4400 THE NEW & IMPROVED CM

JUL 25 09:00 PM THE 4400 BECOMING
JUL 28 01:00 AM THE 4400 BECOMING
JUL 30 12:30 PM THE 4400 BECOMING
JUL 31 12:00 AM THE 4400 BECOMING

Roatbaum
July 14th, 2004, 10:34 PM
I was surprised by the first episode, not the episode itself, but that I liked it enough to watch it twice. Sometimes the storyline is a little bit shakey in the first of several episodes, but as miniseries go, this one seems ok.I found Michael Moriarity's appearance to be disturbing.Not his appearance in the show, but the way he looks. Was he made up to look older, or is that the way he looks. If it was make up it was terrible, if it wasn't, I hope he is under a doctors care.And, I see brothers at odds over the blond neighbor before it is done.

morjana
July 15th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Garwin Sanford ("Narim" on SG-1) had a small role in the two-hour premiere.

I'm watching the re-run of the pilot episode right now.

So far, I've also recognized Darryl Shuttleworth, Erick Brekker, Terry Chen and Jocelyne Loewen (Chloe from "Avenger 2.0"). The series was filmed in Vancouver, so you KNOW there's going to be a lot of familiar faces...

Morjana

David85
July 15th, 2004, 10:00 PM
"The Futon Critic reported that 7.4 million viewers (a 5.7 household rating) spent two hours on Sunday night watching the original series debut, beating a previous record held by USA's The Dead Zone, which was created by another Star Trek alumnus, Michael Piller. "

Ratings like that there is surely going to be more episodes made.

Elwe Singollo
July 19th, 2004, 09:03 AM
I just saw the second episode this sunday, wow, i totally love the show!

Anthro Girl
August 2nd, 2004, 01:10 PM
FWIW, USA will be running the entire six-episode series this Sunday: all five previous eps and ending with the final ep.

I actually haven't read this thread yet as I don't want to be spoiled for it, but it's been my impression that the series has been well-received? I've been banking it on the DVR to blow an entire weekend day/night on it. I have to either watch it or delete it soon...I've got to make room for more SG1/SGA. ;)

Elwe Singollo
August 7th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Is tomarrow the last the 4400 episode? (Sunday)

Jonas
August 7th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Unfortunately it is. I'm hoping that USA will turn this into a series cause I really like it.

Elwe Singollo
August 7th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Ah-! Cables limited series are all ending soon, first the 4400, and now the grid, i'm missing my shows :( I hope too the 4400 returns as a week to week show :) I love it.

Anthro Girl
August 8th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Okay, started watching the stuff recorded on the DVR last night (I gotta make room for more Stargate! :)) There were some major, major plot holes/totally unrealistic goofs in the first episode, but I got over it. :cool: Otherwise, pretty enjoyable. It's fun playing the "name the Stargate guest star", although I'm driving my husband nuts. It's like "punch-buggy". :D :D (and I just soooo totally dated myself...)

Elwe Singollo
August 8th, 2004, 02:30 PM
What were the major plotholes you found?

Anthro Girl
August 8th, 2004, 03:15 PM
What were the major plotholes you found?
Well....spoiler space for The 4400:

1) The nations of the world lauch missles at the incoming object. Missiles that hit it within a matter of minutes (at least within "20 minutes", I think). The next scene shows the object speeding towards Earth from behind the Moon. How long did it take us to get from the Earth to the Moon? About four or five days, right? ;) I know we've come a long way with rocket technology, but last I checked, no nation on Earth got a subspace generator. :eek: But what do I know? :p

2) The missles on Earth are targeted to specific targets. If not, they are targeted to terrestrial trajectories. I would like to believe that we humans have the ability to reprogram and retarget them - worldwide - to hit a moving target beyond the Moon within twenty minutes, but...

3) At first it's a comet. Then an incoming "object", maybe an asteroid. Then somehow a trajectory is plotted that shows a sharp downward turn towards the surface of the planet before a change in speed is detected. Cute. ;)

4) Somehow the news media had that trajectory available to them and were able to be there before the Agents. Maggots. :S My opinion, of course, but if something like this really were to happen within the timespan of 30 minutes, the first we'd ever hear about it would be when neighbors of the silos call their local talk radio station to say "Hey, did you see that?" We were able to see the space shuttle Columbia disaster happen live, but we knew that was coming in and when it did happen, all they initally reported was that there was a "problem". It took at least thirty minutes after the loss of data for NASA to confirm the disaster.

5) If 4400 people all of a sudden appeared out of nowhere and it became evident that they had disappeared at various points throughout modern history, I would like to think that "we" wouldn't allow them access to CNN and/or newspapers and magazines within a day or two until they'd had a chance to see a counselor...or two...or three.

6) The lead investigator should never have been allowed to interview his nephew alone or even to be present. Ever. Conflict of interest. Too close to the source. :mad:

I could go on, but it would make it sound even more like I didn't like it. I did. I'm just being mean. :D It's tv scifi, after all. You want me to nitpick Stargate? :p

Some of that was setup for the plot...if the people weren't set loose, they never could have wreaked havoc and our investigators would have had less to do. ;) I just don't like it when "Hollywood" fudges scientific facts (like the missiles) or other issues (like basic investigative protocols) when they don't have to.

raggedy11
August 8th, 2004, 07:32 PM
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
i
f
n
e
e
d
e
d

ok... am I the only one who has more questions now than I did an hour ago? I don't know if that is good or bad. The trees bowing... that was really strange to me. I wasn't sure what that meant. All I kept thinking was "Anti-Christ"? and turning my previous theories rip roaring upside down. Suppose ... Lily's baby is the AC and Collier and Shawn are two of the 4400 sent to deal with the problem (the catastrophe that is coming)

I think I am still missing something. How does Nox tie into it all? He's still sitting in that holding cell right?

sheesh. the suspense is getting to me. But hey I like it

ShadowMaat
August 8th, 2004, 07:38 PM
SPOILERS for finale

Actually, I was thinking that the baby was a last-minute addition when they realized things with Kyle(?) went wrong. Maybe the baby is the new conduit? Not that it'll be much use as a baby. ;) Anti-christ, though, that's an interesting theory. I'm just SO tired of the "evil baby" cliche.

Anyone else notice the "Giant Replicator" in the scene with the hot dog stand? hehe That's the MacMillan Space Centre, right? Been there a few times. Cool place.

gange57
August 8th, 2004, 07:45 PM
I didn't really care for the ending. I feel there are too many unanswered questions for a mini-series. Maybe it is just me, but I thought that there was going to be more to the episode because after the last scene; they went into a commercial, instead of running the credits. I thought they would continue, or wrap up the story, instead they run the credits. Blah. Unless the 4400 is being made into a series, I think the finale was a bit weak.

ShadowMaat
August 8th, 2004, 08:00 PM
It was being touted as a "season finale" so I assume there is more on the way. Otherwise, yes, it was a lousy conclusion. ;)

alaskannut
August 8th, 2004, 08:13 PM
My thoughts on the finale:

AHHHHHHHHHH!! B******S!!!
S
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
for the nitpickers and unspoiled(you know who you are)
How could they end it like that--Kyle with the creep, the baby being born...and bending trees???If thats the series finale a few cosmic laws are being broken! Bah!!!

Elwe Singollo
August 8th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Spoilers maybe!

I think zap2it.com said it was comming back. I wasn't too 'wowed' by the finale, i didn't like how Sean ended up at that 4400 safe haven place with that evil dude. Question, will that person with the baby loose her abilities when the baby is born?

Metonic
August 8th, 2004, 10:12 PM
wasnt her ability to talk to the baby or feel what the baby feels or something? if thats the case then yes she will loose the ability to know what her womb likes and dislikes but hse may beable to know what the kid likes or dislikes. Also anyone know when they re air the finale cause i missed it for a clint black concert lol

Elwe Singollo
August 8th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I think, me just guessing, is that her daughter and herself share a link of some sort or something. I'm still wondering, what is the black dude's ability???

Anthro Girl
August 9th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Just watched the last two episodes tonight.

Spoilers for the whole mini-series:

Why do I feel like I just watched a six-hour commercial? :rolleyes:

I can see the setup for a potential series. Nothing...NOTHING was wrapped up. Not a single thing. Nada. Zero. Zip. Uh-uh. :S I liked the future angle at the end. It beats the usual alien abduction business.

If they do do a series, I wonder if they'd be able to get Joel Gretsch and/or Billy Campbell to come back. I have my doubts. That would be a shame because they were two of the better characters/actors. Same goes for Peter Coyote. If they did a series, I might watch it. What the heck, it's only disk space on the DVR, right? :cool:

Anthro Girl
August 9th, 2004, 02:10 AM
...Kyle with the creep, ...
Creep? Who's the creep?

Elwe Singollo
August 9th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Yah i wasn't sure about what he was talking about either, so i just didn't comment about it. I hope he wasn't talking about the dad!? Well i'm happy that it wasn't who we thought (well most of us) that abducted them.

ShadowMaat
August 9th, 2004, 01:11 PM
SPOILERS for Finale

I'm assuming they're talking about the kid who went off to live at the commune with the freaky real estate/hotel mogul dude. If anyone's a candidate for the antichrist on this show, it's THAT guy. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if, in one of those reality-bending paradoxes you're always being warned about, Mr. "I want your baby" is the reason society collapsed in the future.

Shipperahoy
August 9th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Spoilers for Finale
I'm dying to know what exactly happened when the freaky that baby is mine guy touched her stomach. Was it the baby doing something to him or vice versa? And was the pyschic kid talking about Kyle when she said someone was coming or the baby? If they don't turn this into a regular series I'm going to be really disapointed.

ShadowMaat
August 9th, 2004, 02:45 PM
SPOILERS for Finale

Originally Maia said that "Someone is coming who'll make it all better" or something, then she said that "Kyle is the answer to everything" or words to that effect. I HAD assumed she meant the baby, then I figured it must be Kyle. But if Kyle's gone all normal, now, it could be the baby after all.

And I'm all for Megababy sucking a few years of life out of Mr. Cultist.

Anthro Girl
August 9th, 2004, 02:56 PM
SPOILERS for Finale

Originally Maia said that "Someone is coming who'll make it all better" or something, then she said that "Kyle is the answer to everything" or words to that effect. I HAD assumed she meant the baby, then I figured it must be Kyle. But if Kyle's gone all normal, now, it could be the baby after all.

And I'm all for Megababy sucking a few years of life out of Mr. Cultist.

Maybe Kyle just thinks he's normal. Maybe Kyle is a ticking time "bomb". Maaaaayybe Kyle and Megababy have to collide in some sort of chocolatey-peanutbutter goodness futureplot in order to save humanity? Stay tuned...

I agree...Megababy sucked some soul from Mr. Cultie. That seems to be a popular scifi thing these days...life-sucking. It simply isn't enough to just have a sucky life. :p

aAnubiSs
August 9th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Le Finale
Would've been so much cooler if they were from the past instead of the future =)

Elwe Singollo
August 9th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Then how would the past know about the future's demise of the world?

aAnubiSs
August 9th, 2004, 04:39 PM
It would be much more interesting! Would make for a weird full time show =)

Elwe Singollo
August 9th, 2004, 04:49 PM
good thing the show is like on the verge already on being a full season show :)

aAnubiSs
August 9th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Too bad we'll have to wait a billion years to see it.

Elwe Singollo
August 9th, 2004, 05:08 PM
I think once summer ends, and fall starts, they'll tell us :D

langdonboom
August 9th, 2004, 05:37 PM
I really liked it. TOTALLY derivative of derivative (Taken, anyone?) but as with much Sci-Fi on TV they've recombined the lettuce tomato and beans of the burrito and fried some cheese on it and gave us a nice enchilada. So I'm eating.

I love the sythesis itself, in a way. Maybe this is what we're destined for in mass Sci-Fi -- until someone comes along with a huge idea nobody ever thought of (I guess). But until then, I love the Close Encounters/V/X-Files/Body Snatchers/Fire in the Sky/Taken/what-have-you-mix and I'm looking forward to more (but not TOO much more! This story could get old pretty quickly.)

Definitely not the end of the story here. But a great set-up.

TechnoBoY
August 9th, 2004, 05:51 PM
The show is kinda crappy. I thought it was slow and the stories werent written to their potential. I didnt really click with any of the characters either. I hope that when the series begins it will get better. You know its gonna get picked up.

Anthro Girl
August 9th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Like I said...six-hour commercial. :rolleyes:

Elwe Singollo
August 9th, 2004, 07:52 PM
I was looking at each episode's length, its less then what shows are supposed to be, which is aroun 43-44 minutes, but the episodes only averages about 40 minutes each or just above that, including the, "previously on" part.

Anthro Girl
August 9th, 2004, 07:57 PM
I noticed that even skipping through the commercials, the episodes seemed shorter than the usual 42-45 minutes. Probably because of the long intros, but it did seem like a whole LOT of commercials.

BTW, the DVDs are apparently coming out in December.

Elwe Singollo
August 9th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Maybe they'll be some yummy special features :)

I think all cable network shows are cut shorter than normal, but i read it was only for syndicated shows that are like repeats or something.

D.C.
August 19th, 2004, 02:02 PM
The 4400 is going to air in Australia next month (September) on Network Ten.

Elwe Singollo
August 19th, 2004, 04:40 PM
If you haven't watched from the internet Aussie people, i'm sure you'll enjoy the show :D I give the show myself 1 in a half thumbs up, hahah...

Positively Kanyon
August 19th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Yeah I've heard good things about this series as well... Looking forward to seeing it on TV here down under! But I don't think I did myself any favours by spoiling it when I read up on it at TV Tome.

Elwe Singollo
August 19th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Even though you know whats going to happen, i think you'll enjoy the visual experience of the show, haha...

aAnubiSs
August 19th, 2004, 07:53 PM
I liked everything but the last 5min of the 4400 =)

Elwe Singollo
August 19th, 2004, 08:02 PM
With the trees :rolleyes: I didn't like it either, many things i just disliked, i shoud have thrown a drpepper can at them, haha...

morjana
September 12th, 2004, 10:55 AM
From Variety (via Yahoo News)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1951&ncid=763&e=9&u=/variety/20040912/va_tv_ne/giants_in_sci_fi_muscle_tussle

(An interesting article, but really long. Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Television - Variety

Giants in sci fi muscle tussle
Sun Sep 12, 5:17 AM ET
Denise Martin, STAFF

**Major snippity doo-dah**

By all accounts, a fresh batch of 13 episodes of "The 4400" will commence production in February in time for a summer launch.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

TechnoBoY
September 12th, 2004, 12:21 PM
So they will start filming in Feb for a summer premiere?

I just hope its better then the 4400 Mini.

Elwe Singollo
September 12th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Bah, thats so- long!

gange57
September 12th, 2004, 01:50 PM
That is good news. I hope they do a much better job with the second season than the mini-series. The 4400 has potential, but I felt so disappointed in the finale.

D.C.
September 12th, 2004, 04:45 PM
We're getting the mini-series in Australia soon. It looks pretty good.

Elwe Singollo
September 12th, 2004, 05:38 PM
I think that little thing, that they attempted to call 'season finale' of the little mini-series, was supposed to make us want more i guess, but it really didn't, it just made me think, huh?!

Jprime
September 23rd, 2004, 05:49 AM
Well I've just seen the 2-hour primiere, and it looks pretty good!

D.C.
September 25th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Hopefully the show will be decent.

Anthro Girl
September 25th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Second season? They haven't had a first season yet. I've only seen a six-hour commercial. ;)

D.C.
October 1st, 2004, 02:39 PM
http://www.ten.com.au/main_idx.aspx?section=tenShows

We've finally got an air date for The 4400. It's going to air on October 10 at 8:30 pm after Australian Idol on the Ten Network. Law & Order: Criminal Intent and NCIS are usually on at that timeslot, but I know L&O:CI is nearing its season finale anyway.

D.C.
October 3rd, 2004, 05:42 PM
This show is airing over two nights. It starts on Sunday and finishes at 8:30 pm the next day.

D.C.
October 10th, 2004, 02:37 PM
We've seen the first three hours now and this mini series is awesome. :)

DownFallAngel
October 10th, 2004, 02:47 PM
There is most likely going to be a season 2, thats if NBC stops pressuring USA to show it on BRAVO and NBC 4.

Also, I say this because the boxset for season one sats "THE 4400 (line underneath that says) THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON"

DownFallAngel
October 10th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Here is the boxart if anyone was interested.

http://dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4945&n=1&k=4400&burl=r%3D0%26g%3Dinfo%26s%3D1%26k%3D4400%26x%3D0%26y%3D0

JediTrilobite
October 10th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I believe that they've ordered 13 episodes for a second season. Just out of curiotity, how is the show?

DownFallAngel
October 10th, 2004, 04:10 PM
If you're talking to me, then I wouldn't know. Cause I never saw it.

D.C.
October 10th, 2004, 04:18 PM
It's just started airing in Australia, but it's pretty awesome. It's well written and has good production values. It's sort of creepy at the start and then gets really interesting to watch what's happening to The 4400. It's definately worth watching if you can. I hear the second part isn't as good as the first, but I can't wait to see what happens.

Elwe Singollo
October 10th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Second part, as in second episode? or second part of the premiere? Because i thought each episode was pretty good, well maybe a few parts weren't so great, but i want to make sure which part your talking about, haha..

D.C.
October 11th, 2004, 02:58 PM
They've shown the entire mini-series now (Over two nights. :)) and it's awesome. Hopefully the second season will be released here as well.

prion
October 20th, 2004, 09:27 AM
USA Network's The 4400 is coming back with a second season.

Production on 13 episodes will begin in February in Vancouver in anticipation of a June launch. Most of the original cast is expected to return.

Full story at

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=597&ncid=763&e=8&u=/nm/20041020/tv_nm/television_4400_dc

JediTrilobite
October 20th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Awesome news! I haven't seen the first season yet, but I'm planning on getting the first season when it comes out. From the episode summaries, it looked like they left it hanging.

yaaayoubetcha
October 20th, 2004, 09:51 AM
this is good news.....they left way too much hanging for not having a renewed contract....

D.C.
October 20th, 2004, 04:35 PM
I'm glad that they've left stuff hanging for this new mini-series, but it was pretty risky. :) It's an awesome series and I can't wait for the next portion.

Taonas
October 20th, 2004, 05:48 PM
More?? Excellent!!!! Here in Canada we're just about to get the 5th part tonight (around 10:00 I think)... I can't wait!

wohoo! Second season!!!!

Does anyone find Diana (Baldwin's partner, can't remember if that's the actual name) looks like Wier from Atlantis?

Elwe Singollo
October 20th, 2004, 06:39 PM
I'm glad that they've left stuff hanging for this new mini-series, but it was pretty risky. :) It's an awesome series and I can't wait for the next portion.me glad as well, why did u think it was risky though??

D.C.
October 20th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Leaving storylines unresolved. What if they didn't get picked up for a second season? I'm glad they did, though. The 4400 is awesome. :)

Elwe Singollo
October 20th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Leaving storylines unresolved. What if they didn't get picked up for a second season? I'm glad they did, though. The 4400 is awesome. :)Heh, that would be a big loss for USA then, with the significant ratings it was getting :rolleyes:

D.C.
October 20th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Yeah, hopefully it will air on Network Ten pretty soon after it airs in the U.S.

Elwe Singollo
October 20th, 2004, 08:34 PM
How long did it take for the first season to get there??

D.C.
October 20th, 2004, 09:58 PM
It aired two weeks ago and was shown over two nights.

Elwe Singollo
October 20th, 2004, 10:27 PM
If it takes the same time to get the show there, its going to be a pain reading other people say how good (or maybe bad haha...) the second season is, but hey, imo, the wait is worth it :)

D.C.
October 20th, 2004, 10:32 PM
I didn't spoil the first season, so hopefully I won't spoil the second season. I didn't really expect it to air in Australia anyway. I thought I'd have to wait until it released on DVD, but then Network Ten suprised us by showing it pretty close the U.S. airdate.

LordAnubis
October 20th, 2004, 11:28 PM
I've only seen a ferw episodes and loved what I saw. Do you guys have any clue what the aliens were like? If so, were they just Roswell type greys? What's the basic plot of this series? Something like Close Encounters?

JediTrilobite
October 21st, 2004, 07:07 AM
I'll get the first season when it comes out on DVD. I was under the impression that you don't see the aliens, but I'm not the best to ask.

Matt G
October 21st, 2004, 07:32 AM
I've only seen a ferw episodes and loved what I saw. Do you guys have any clue what the aliens were like? If so, were they just Roswell type greys? What's the basic plot of this series? Something like Close Encounters?

Flight of the Navigator en masse is more accurate. It'll be screening over here fairly soon anyway.

Taonas
October 21st, 2004, 02:32 PM
No one finds that Diana looks like Wier from Atlantis?

Even sounds like her! I know it's not her, but still.

MartoufMarty
October 21st, 2004, 02:39 PM
I didn't like how they ended this 'season'.

So people from the future took them, changed them, and put them back in this time to stop impending doom? Pfft. It would have been much more interesting if it was aliens!

Or if they came to that conclusion about half way through the 'episode' and then for the rest of the episode have people in big Mexican hats and marockas (sp) and start doing a little dance and go 'Cha-cha-cha!'

Come on, who would not find that entertaining?

Elwe Singollo
October 21st, 2004, 07:11 PM
I thought it was aliens, but i wasn't too unsatisfied with who really took them :)Maybe it would be funny with the idea about the mexican hats... hahah...

D.C.
October 21st, 2004, 07:18 PM
I thought the twist was pretty cool, once you got passed the fact that things weren't as they seemed. :) I'm looking forward to seeing how some of those hanging story arcs get resolved. (Jorden Collier, pregnant chick, and etc. :))

Elwe Singollo
October 21st, 2004, 07:54 PM
I really don't want Sean (i think thats his name, haven't watched the show in a while) to stay with that evil dude who was obsessed with the pregnant lady :( Ah !!!

Jonas
October 21st, 2004, 09:23 PM
I'm glad they are doing a second season. Like others said they left way too much hanging. I loved the plot twist cause it wasnt what you were expecting. It was different and original. I can't wait to see it expanded upon.

Jprime
October 21st, 2004, 11:36 PM
Ha I had it figured out by the 3rd part!

The Kender
October 22nd, 2004, 06:23 AM
I'm glad its getting a second season. I really liked this show and want to see more.

Elwe Singollo
October 22nd, 2004, 10:41 PM
Its the wait thats going to pain me :( But good thing they're are some good shows out there to occupy me till then :)

D.C.
October 24th, 2004, 09:08 PM
That cult like suburban neighbourhood that Jordan Collier built will be an interesting storyline. Seeing him manipulate The 4400 who choose to live there and exploit their powers. As soon as he arrived to the site where they were returned and called that meeting you knew he sort of couldn't be trusted. (It's played out well and we still don't know for sure what his real agenda is with The 4400.) There's lots of storyline potential, due to the fact that the first part left it open so much. :)

D.C.
November 3rd, 2004, 08:20 PM
The 4400 is being released in Region 4 in mid-January. Just thought I'd give anyone interested the heads up.

The Kender
November 4th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Cool. Thanks for letting us know.

I had checked a couple of dvd sites but they didn't have anything listed last time i looked.

D.C.
November 4th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Yeah, EzyDVD just released the details yesterday. I think I might get it.

D.C.
January 12th, 2005, 06:16 PM
The DVD was released today. It was released in the U.S. in December I think. I bought The 4400: Season One and Deep Impact Special Edition today as well as The Village yesterday. Anyone got it yet?

TechnoWraith
January 12th, 2005, 06:44 PM
What is the 4400? (Never heard of it at all, so I'm curious).

D.C.
January 12th, 2005, 06:46 PM
It's a mini-series that aired on the USA network in the U.S. It's about 4400 abductees from different time periods who all arrive back on Earth. Some have strange abilities and two government agents attempt to piece together why they were taken and why they were returned. It's been picked up for a second season.

D.C.
January 12th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Everyone who watched The 4400 would know that they left a lot of story arcs open to continue in Season Two. How do you think they're going to approach the new season of the 4400. I liked following the major abductees as well as the two Homeland Security agents in the first season as well as the new 4400 members introduced throughout the different episodes. I hope Season Two is as good as the first and follows the awesome arcs it established in the first season as well as introduce new 4400 members as well. I can't wait until the new season starts. (It's been promoted on Australian TV as well, so hopefully we won't have to wait to long...)

The Kender
January 13th, 2005, 12:34 AM
I got it yesterday (it came out a day early in Big W) was a bit disapointed that there wasn't any extras on it.

The Kender
January 13th, 2005, 12:45 AM
I'm looking forward to season two, i just hope they ignore the little time jump they did at the end of season one.

I don't want it to be six months later, i want it to pick up just after the night Kyle was shot, to find out how Tom and co deal with what just happend, what happens when they find out that Shawn has run off and what may go on with Lilly & Richard before the baby is born.

Blue Banrigh
January 13th, 2005, 04:16 AM
I hate it when they don't have extras. It kinda feels incomplete without extras.

aussie_gal
January 13th, 2005, 04:23 AM
cool thanks

D.C.
January 13th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Yeah, but it will be interesting to see what happened in those six months as well.

D.C.
January 13th, 2005, 01:27 PM
I knew it didn't have extra features on it so I'm not really that disappointed. I can't wait to watch the show again. I went to Myer and Target the day before yesterday and yesterday and couldn't find it there, but found it at the HMV music store.

Section_One
January 13th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I thought the 4400 was a limited run series or miniseries? They're making another season?

USA Network can cancel great shows like La Femme Nikita and Touching Evil, but keep dren like the 4400? The only reason I tune into USA anymore is for The Dead Zone, otherwise the channel is worthless in my eyes.

D.C.
January 13th, 2005, 02:19 PM
It pulled in the ratings and was so critically aclaimed (rightfully so, it's an awesome series) that they renewed it for a second season. I can't wait and I know a lot of other people can't wait for it as well.

Section_One
January 13th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Taken was critically acclaimed as well......though I thought it was awful, as a whole ( a couple hrs were ok).

La Femme Nikita was critically acclaimed, Farscape, Touching Evil etc.....those were actually good shows.

Just because something pulls in viewers doesn't mean anything, especially when it's only over a couple days. Let's not forget that it was overly hyped and had a major media blitz backing it, including commercials on various television stations, radio, newspapers and movie pre-shows. So, I would hope it would have gotten good ratings, since good ratings for cable don't mean much really......

I don't mean to demean your show, but as I am sure you can imagine, I don't like USA Networks very much.....

D.C.
January 14th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Taken starts on Australian TV this year... it's almost three years old and it's now being shown. :)

D.C.
January 16th, 2005, 03:27 PM
I've been rewatching The 4400 on DVD and it's an awesome series. I can't wait for the second season.

Blue Banrigh
January 16th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Taken starts on Australian TV this year... it's almost three years old and it's now being shown. :)

They are? Which channel? And what's the point since Video Ezy already have them out on DVD?

D.C.
January 16th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Who knows. During the NYE coverage on Nine they had a preview for shows on Nine in '05. Taken was one of them.

fair_nymph
January 18th, 2005, 09:21 PM
I LOVED this show, and I can't wait for the next season!

I have a little theory that Lily's baby is *spoiler*

...a baby jesus! :D

D.C.
January 18th, 2005, 09:55 PM
What if they WERE abducted by aliens and what Kyle told the Homeland Security guy was just an elaborate lie? I like the whole Collier arc. It will be interesting to see what else the guy does. Also it will be interesting to see what happens with Shawn as well as Lily and Tyler. It's an awesome show. :)

morjana
March 1st, 2005, 10:20 PM
From The Futon Critic:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton.cgi?action=pr&id=20050301usa01

Tuesday, March 1, 2005
THE INVESTIGATION OF "THE 4400" CONTINUES AS PRODUCTION RESUMES ON ITS SECOND SEASON ON USA NETWORK
Released by USA

Billy Campbell ("Once and Again") Reprises His Role As One Of The 4400

Los Angeles, CA - March 1, 2005 - THE 4400, the critically acclaimed hit series from Paramount Network Television, begins production on its second season this week in Vancouver. Production on the series, which will air Sundays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on USA Network, resumes with the episode entitled "Wake-up Call." The series will premiere with a special two-hour episode on Sunday, June 5 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

Billy Campbell will reprise his role as Collier, one of the mysterious 4400. Other returning cast members include Joel Gretsch as Tom Baldwin, Jacqueline McKenzie as Diana Skouris, Patrick Flueger as Shawn Farrell, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali as Richard Tyler, Laura Allen as Lily Moore, Chad Faust as Kyle and Conchita Campbell as Maia.

The second season will continue exploring the travails of the 4400 people who were presumed dead or reported missing, before they suddenly reappeared on Earth. Though they had not aged physically, some of them reappeared on earth with severe alterations ranging from superhuman strength to an unexplained healing touch. The Department of Homeland Security formed an agency to track the 4400 after one of them was accused of committing a murder.

THE 4400 premiered on July 11, 2004 on USA Network as the highest-rated and most-watched original series premiere ever on a basic cable network. The series was 2004's top original scripted basic cable series, beating all other original programs in viewers, households, and key demos.

In the first episode of the show's second season, the action resumes six months after the series first season ended, and over a year after the 4400 were deposited back on earth. Tom is reinstated at the Department of Homeland Security, reuniting with his partner, Diana, as they continue their investigation into the 4400. Meanwhile, Lily's baby, who was mysteriously conceived during her absence, is now six months old; and Collier's book is published, containing explosive information about the 4400.

THE 4400 was created by Scott Peters and Rene Echevarria. Scott Peters, Maira Suro, Ira Behr and Perry Simon are executive producers.

THE 4400 is produced by Paramount Network Television in association with Renegade 83 and American Zoetrope for USA Network. Paramount Network Television is a division of the CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group, a unit of Viacom Inc.

USA Network is cable television's leading provider of original series and feature movies, sports events, off-net television shows, and blockbuster theatrical films. USA Network is seen in over 88 million U.S. homes. The USA Network Web site is located at www.usanetwork.com. USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

KatG
March 2nd, 2005, 05:13 AM
Excellent news. I can't wait.

WormholeAlien
March 2nd, 2005, 05:39 AM
Woohoo! 4400!

Crazy Chicken
March 2nd, 2005, 06:41 AM
Any news on the number of episodes because there weren’t that many in the first series (or season for the inhabitance of Jesusland)?

morjana
March 2nd, 2005, 11:35 PM
Any news on the number of episodes because there weren’t that many in the first series (or season for the inhabitance of Jesusland)?

According to The Futon Critic site:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofuton.cgi?action=showatch&id=4400

infoline
the scoop of this project
current season: 2
episode order: 13

Morjana

D.C.
March 3rd, 2005, 01:30 PM
The first season of The 4400 was pretty awesome, hopefully the second season will still have that really original, mysterious feel.

lucylou
March 3rd, 2005, 02:14 PM
I got the DVDs a couple of weeks ago and loved the 4400. Can't wait for season 2!

Lucy

Jeril
March 3rd, 2005, 07:09 PM
Awesome news! :D I can't wait to see what the little baby will be able to do. I imagine its gonna have some nifty tricks up its sleeves. :D

iLemon
April 12th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Anyone else watch this?
Its a great show! Watched the first ep the other day, cant wait until tomorrow!

D.C.
April 12th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Yeah, It aired in Australia late last year. I've got it on DVD. It's a great mini-series. Hopefully you're going in unspoiled.

Blue Banrigh
April 12th, 2005, 06:16 AM
When do they plan to air the second season here in Aus?

D.C.
April 12th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Who knows but there's been ads for it...

iLemon
April 12th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Yeah, It aired in Australia late last year. I've got it on DVD. It's a great mini-series. Hopefully you're going in unspoiled.

i am, dont want it ruined. how long is series 1?

fair_nymph
April 12th, 2005, 11:21 AM
I believe there is already a thread somewhere for this...

Great show, the first 'season' is 6 episodes, I think. Can't wait for more this summer. :)

D.C.
April 12th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Yeah, there's five episodes - the pilot is a double episode.

shazzboy
April 12th, 2005, 02:45 PM
USA NETWORK started it off as a 5 part 6 hour miniseries to just test the waters, then once the ratings smashed through the roof they ordered a standard 13 episode season(atleast standard for a pay-tv channel, free-to-air get anywhere from 22-27) so i dont really consider the beginning as a first season, it is more properly a miniseries like the 4 hour miniseries for Battlestar Galactica.

Darth Buddha
April 12th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Yep, but unlike a mini, the hour installments were EXTREMELY episodic, focusing on primarily one of the returnees per show at times.

Looking forward to the new episodes!

D.C.
April 12th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Yeah, but it also had an arc and character stories running through. Half mini-series, half series. :D

Darth Buddha
April 12th, 2005, 03:33 PM
If they can keep the episodic part strong enough that you can miss an episode, and yet retain the arc that makes it something you DON'T want to miss, they'll continue to have a hit on their hands.

Scoobing
April 12th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Sounds a bit like LOST but the other way around if you know what I mean. Instead of people lost, people return but we still have the mixture of episodic and character-based stories. As a big LOST fan, I might try and catch The 4400 over here.

Metarock Sam
April 14th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Its was all shown on sky one a while back (and is currently being repeated). Its a great mini sereis leaving more questions than awnsers.

Ses
April 14th, 2005, 09:34 AM
I actually managed to catch the repeats this time round on Sky - and am loving it!
Not too sure I like the 2 main characters; I get his motivation for his son etc, but the woman seems very one-dimensional, and I don't think they have very good chemistry together.
The stories of the returnees are fab though and I like where the Shawn and Lilly things are leading :)

Catysg1
April 17th, 2005, 04:15 AM
I like the 44OO and I'm rewatching the repeats too on Sky one but does anyone know if it will be followed by season 2 ?!!!...I was disappointed because I thought they were airing season 2 on sky one when I realised they were just repeats of season 1 :(

Caty:)

Anubis
April 17th, 2005, 04:26 AM
Caty, my guess is season two will start at the end of the year, they only started filming in the middle of last month. Probably around the time SG-1 returns. ;) I'm looking forward to it, the show has a great potential.

iLemon
April 17th, 2005, 04:51 AM
The stories of the returnees are fab though and I like where the Shawn and Lilly things are leading :)

Me too, I cant wait till she has the baby. Wonder whats gonna happen to it

Anubis
April 17th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Me too, I cant wait till she has the baby. Wonder whats gonna happen to it

Aswell as that, what the baby will be able to do. ;) She wasn't pregnant before she left, and she didn't get pregnant in THAT amount of time, when she was away, something must of happened. If it did, it should be a very interesting story. :)

Ses
April 17th, 2005, 05:32 AM
You'd think she'd put two and two together and work out its an alien baby... but its good to watch to see what it will be and can do... :)

Anubis
April 17th, 2005, 05:51 AM
I was thinking, perhaps this one child could have ALL the powers of the 4400, combined. Now THAT would be interesting. ;)

Dahak
April 17th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I like this show but they need to find new actors. I am not saying the actors are bad but when I saw Beecher from OZ I knew he was the killer,
In some ways it's kind of nice that NBC recycles it's actors from OZ to all 3 Law and Order shows but when you see an actor from L&O you know that he is going to be important to the plot of the 4400.
I like the two main characters. I am also glad that they kept the Agent Scully skeptisicism to only a few episodes. Another show where the female agent gets locked into a closet when the aliens show up would be way to cliched.

iLemon
April 28th, 2005, 06:52 AM
You'd think she'd put two and two together and work out its an alien baby... but its good to watch to see what it will be and can do... :)

I think she knows its alien, but I dont think she wants to admit it. If anyone finds out they'll try to take it from her and run tests on it.

Goddess of the Dark Side
April 28th, 2005, 11:25 AM
It would be cool if the baby was alien, but it wouldn't make sense at least to me. From what Kyle or whatever was controlling Kyle said to his father about where the 4400 had been all this time. From what they said in the last episode it I just don't think there is any alien involvement.

lucylou
May 6th, 2005, 03:32 PM
I really liked the show. I love little Maia and the kinda mother/daughter relationship that we see develop between Diana and her character.

I do like the lead characters. I like how Diana develops as a character when Maia comes into her life and like seeing how the little girl changed her ways of thinking. I do think the relationship between the two leads needs working on however. Not in a shippy sense. There just seems to be something missing when they interact. I hope we see more of a bond between them in season 2.

Luce x

fair_nymph
June 5th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Is anyone else super excited? I've been left hanging since last summer (and PRAYING they would continue the series), so when my husband just told me this morning, I nearly jumped out of my chair!

I figure we can discuss the new episodes here. Please use spoilers, though!

Seastallion
June 5th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Is anyone else super excited? I've been left hanging since last summer (and PRAYING they would continue the series), so when my husband just told me this morning, I nearly jumped out of my chair!

I figure we can discuss the new episodes here. Please use spoilers, though!

I'm definitely interested to see what happens next. There wasn't really any resolution to the last season, just more information as to what was going on. I think it is definitely the most interesting take on the UFO's-as-humans-from-the-future take I've seen yet. I want to know if it turns into some sort of "super-hero" thing... or maybe more X-files like. At the very least, it seems to be a super-human thing, perhaps the next step in human evolution or something. I'm especially interested in that newborn kid, with that couple on the run. Then of course there is that evil rich guy... he's creepy. Reminds me of Lex Luthor or something... :p

Hex.FTB.enabled
June 5th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Yup, I'm with ya. With the new info from Kyle about the future, I'm REALLY interested to see more of what Maya's role is. Very well done series.

Seastallion
June 5th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Yup, I'm with ya. With the new info from Kyle about the future, I'm REALLY interested to see more of what Maya's role is. Very well done series.

Yeah, I think Maya is my favorite 4400. She's so innocent and sweet... yet so disturbing at times. Poor gal. She's got it rough, being probably the youngest of the 4400. Besides the kid that was just born, anyways.

by-the-by Hex... I like the cartoon on your sig. I thought the animated movie was pretty good. Even so, those little head-shaking guys are just a little creepy. Not unlike Maya... cute and creepy... :p LOL ;) :D

MarshAngel
June 5th, 2005, 06:16 PM
I'm watching right now. I love this show. and yes Maya is adorable and creepy all at once. I'm so excited that it's back. Summer TV won't suck entirely.

Hex.FTB.enabled
June 5th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Well now I'm really into what's going on with Maia (noticed the sp tonight).

p.s.Seastallion, check out Princess Mononoke. They're called kodamas and they're the coolest thing about that movie. :)

TechnoBoY
June 5th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Meh. Season 1 wasnt too good and I'm not impressed with the premiere or season 2. It was dragged out and kind of boring and slow. They could've fit all that into one hour if they wanted to. I will watch because I want to know what happens and its interesting. They need to figure out how to change the pacing and how the story is told.

Seastallion
June 6th, 2005, 05:31 AM
***Beware of Spoilers***

Well, I watched the show, and it was good. :) For some reason, the pace of the show doesn't bother me too much. It is just so dang interesting, I'm willing to let it run its course. I think it is a very intriuging show, and I really want to see how it plays out. Here are my thoughts on the show and characters so far...

I think Shawn is just really misguided, and needs to go back to his family. As much as I feel bad for him, he could've dealt with his brother a bit better than he did. He should have been up front, instead of going behind his back. It would seem that the smart thing to do, would be to tell his family how scared he is about what is going on with him. Instead, he keeps shutting everyone out. Bad news...

I think Kyle has his head on straight for the most part. He's decided life is too short, and to learn to enjoy it as much as possible. That golf lesson at the end of the show was nice. :) Nice to see Tom back in action too. ;)

Poor Maia..! I think she might become the voice of the show in some ways... a narrator. Being a kid is rough enough, but having been kidnapped from her home, altered against her will, and then sent to a time and place where she doesn't know anyone... Ouch! I really thought it was a bad move on the part of Diana, her adopted mother to go through her diary. I understand why she did it... but honestly, the kid can see the future. Does she really think Maia won't find out, assuming she doesn't already know?? Hopefully, Maia will realize that her abilities are crucial to the work of NTAC, and the 4400. Then perhaps she'd stop living in a fantasy (pretending her powers are gone).

Jordan seems to be a bad guy... but does he really believe in his 'religious centers' that he's building?? Maybe he sincerely wants to save mankind, but his tactics leave somewhat to be desired.

As to Richard, Lily, and the baby... I can't see that Richard or Lily have any powers to speak of (I haven't seen any yet, that I recall) but their baby is freaky-powerful... Easily the most powerful of the 4400, as well as the youngest. It would seem the kids power is growing with age. She has already demonstrated an ability to control 'life-force' (like Shawn), telekinesis, psychic ability, and goodness knows what else. Like Maia, she is cute but creepy... :eek: More so actually... Maia hasn't hurt anyone... that baby caused someone to murder his own son, then killed the guy (looked like a heart-attack), and then forced the other son to commit suicide. Freaky. I agree with what Shawn told Jordan Collier, "If I were you, I wouldn't want to even be in the same time-zone as that kid; next time it could finish you off".

This show is very cool. It is also very unusual, which is what makes it cool. :D

yaaayoubetcha
June 6th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Thought it was a great ep really. A good job done to explain the movement of some characters and the layoff for so long tween s1 and s2.

was cool seeing River on the show. Glau apparently has a penchant for semi-crazy characters.

was her friend in the hospital from ST:DS9? I know the voice but just couldn't place the face without makeup...lol....it reminds me of either Dukat or Wayoun. Anybody?

Lookin forward to next week's ep.

MarshAngel
June 6th, 2005, 07:37 AM
That baby is very creepy. Her eyes are so big and dark, which would be cute if she weren't already killing people at six months.

I think the pacing of the show is great. I actually like the way it flows and this episode was great.

Seastallion
June 6th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Thought it was a great ep really. A good job done to explain the movement of some characters and the layoff for so long tween s1 and s2.

was cool seeing River on the show. Glau apparently has a penchant for semi-crazy characters.

was her friend in the hospital from ST:DS9? I know the voice but just couldn't place the face without makeup...lol....it reminds me of either Dukat or Wayoun. Anybody?

Lookin forward to next week's ep.

Yes, the actor your referring to is Jeffery Combs. On Star Trek: DS9 he played Weyoun, and Liquidator Brunt. On ST: Enterprise he played that Andorian. I've seen him in a few more roles, as aliens on ST I just can't recall any others. He's also starring in a show that is coming up on Sci-Fi, about this hyprid human/shark thing, with Combs as a mad scientist.

Hex.FTB.enabled
June 7th, 2005, 08:20 AM
That baby is very creepy. Her eyes are so big and dark, which would be cute if she weren't already killing people at six months.

I think the pacing of the show is great. I actually like the way it flows and this episode was great.
LOL, I thought the baby was very cute. (What does that say about me?? :D)
I think the pacing of the show is fine, it kinda syncs with the whole ripple effect concept (which I think is brilliant). Hopefully they'll give us some more info on just what Jordan has up his sleeve.

fair_nymph
June 7th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I like the sometimes-languid pace of the show. I thought the miniseries last summer was wonderful, extremely well cast, and with the perfect amount of mystery. I really like how the producers/writers give us enough information to be satisfying but leave enough unexplained to keep us hooked and provide some suspense. It's such a well done show all around.

I am *so* glad they kept all of the original cast -- I was really afraid that the cast was going to change as it wasn't known from the begining whether the miniseries would get a full series this year. I just love all the characters and they work so well together.

Now about the first episode:
I was really excited to see that the baby was a girl. In fact I really like overall that this show has some good female characters -- Isabel the baby, Lily, Diana, and even Nina (director of NTAC). Obviously the baby is very powerful, if not a tad morbid (not that those righteous rednecks didn't deserve it) -- my favourite part was when she made the berries ripen in front of Lily's eyes...VERY cool visual effect, and it shows the baby can do good things as well as bad things. I wonder what exactly she did to Jordan (again, he deserved it, and he's a fool for trying to go after her). Oh, and the music box music during the killing of the RRs was really eerie.

The RR (righteous rednecks) trying to kill Lily and Richard and Isabel made me really angry. When the old guy/dad said to Lily 'abomination begets abomination' I wanted to hit him (and nearly threw my slipper at the screen). Based on the earlier scene in the book store/gift shop it was clear (to me) that one part of his hatred for the baby and parents was becuase the baby was biracial. Bigots! Grrr...

I wonder why the baby didn't help Richard when he was being kicked/beaten by one of the RR sons? Does the baby only protect herself and Lily, but not necessarily Richard? Or did the baby have to SEE Richard in danger to protect him? Certainly the baby seems more connected to Lily...I wonder if in a weird way that is Lily's special power? That she can understand Isabel and be protected by her? Can't wait to see what Richard's power is though.

The twist with Kevin (the former neuroscientist who went insane) was very cool and unexpected. I can't wait to see where they go with that (esp as I am a biologist working in neuroscience). I think it is a very promising storyline.

I too wonder what Jordan has up his sleeve. What is *his* power? I'm not buying the whole 'unlock the 4400 in everyone' scheme. In fact his whole '4400' centers and living complexes etc sounds VERY cultish to me, rather like Scientology..hmmm... I feel bad for Shawn, he's obviously in a tough position, and I feel that a big part of why he doesn't want to leave is because he is able to help heal alot of people. You can tell he is a great guy from his interaction with the kid he cured of leukemia.

I love Diana's character. It's great how she has become a mom to Maia, even though she had doubts at first. She's so spontaneous and fun. Plus, she's a beautiful woman. ;)

The only character who isn't really doing it for me is Kyle. He seems agressive and angry. I understand it sucks to be locked up in a room getting tested for months, but still. He appears very mentally unstable. Was he like that before? I hope he matures...

Hex.FTB.enabled
June 7th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Was anyone else playing Find the Stargate person? Nina was the Tok'ra from Hathor's fake SGC, and the guy who played a sheriff was the Asrak and in the ep where a whole city had there minds altered, and in the very very first ep, the "target eliminated" guy from Absolute Power was...well, basically in the same role. :D I need to get out more.....

fair_nymph
June 7th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Ooohhhhh I KNEW I recognized Nina...thank you for identifying why!

MarshAngel
June 8th, 2005, 07:27 AM
I don't think they all have special powers,they're all different but not necessarily in obvious ways. If they're being placed back in the timeline to create a specific effect in the distant future, they probably all don't need powers to do what needs to be done. Just being there can create a huge effect.
Does make you feel kind of good. No matter how unimportant you seem to be, your ripple effect on the world can be huge.

KatG
June 8th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Finally finished watching this last night. Very, very good scifi. The pace didn't bother me, but more importantly didn't bother hubs, who gets bored rather easily. He, I and his son, were all completely captivated for the whole 2 hours.

I liked that they allowed for the time between S1 and S2, so that people aging or looking different wasn't such a stretch.

I kept looking at Nina (the director) trying to figure out who she was. Finally had to do imdb.com, saw the Stargate reference and knew immediately who she was. Nice to see her get a regular series.

Took me awhile to place Jeffrey Coombs also, but that was quicker. He had a lot of the same facial expressions as Scran on ST:ENT if you watched closely.

Maia is interesting. I do wish Diana hadn't read her diary though. Couldn't she just have asked her what was in it?

Lily, Isable and Richard are an interesting group too. I know that what Isabel did to the RR's (like that "righteous redneck" abbreviation) was bad, but they deserved it. They were completely intent on killing her, her mom and her dad. So it was kill or be killed imo. It is rather freaky that she has that power. Just wouldn't want to be on her bad side.

Shawn is getting drawn in deeper and deeper into Collier's dogma. Wonder if he'll be able to get out.

Loved that Tom and Kyle are coming to terms.

Anyway, high hopes for this. And next week it's followed up by the Dead Zone. Sunday nights just got a whole lot more interesting.

Seastallion
June 12th, 2005, 02:00 PM
The premiere episode for this season got me thinking about the larger story line plot. If they ARE in fact changing the future, then it means that these humans from the future would have these sorts of powers whether the 4400 had been sent back or not. Considering what the premiere episode was about, it got me to thinking... what if they are trying to accelerate human evolution. The guy they called "the father of the 4400 technology" would have stayed in the institution except for the fact that one of the 4400 was placed there after the fact. If, in the original timeline, he never actually left the place, then it suggest that the technology would have been invented eventually, with or without him.

Not unlike the Terminator... they couldn't change the future either, it was inevitable. I figured that out after, immediately after watching the Terminator 2 for the first time, which was why the ending never made any sense to me. I had said then, that they only post-poned Judgement day, not averted it. The Terminator 3 comes out and said the EXACT same thing I did years before. The only difference was, that in T2, the tech from the future accelerated the technologies development, it didn't stop it. I think something similiar is going on here in the 4400.

So, the ripple effect was (in this particular case) to accelerate human evolution by accelerating the advent of the 4400 technology. The presence of that formerly-insane doctor would simply bring it about sooner rather than later. Either way, it is inevitable. (In terms of the show, anyways.) Theoretically, If your going to try and change the future, there are literally a near infinite number of factors to consider. So it makes since that there would be thousands, as opposed to a few dozen of returnees. Of course, even the number of returnees is itself a factor to consider, because it effects the events proceeding from there. If there had only been a dozen people, it wouldn't have had as much an impact on world opinion as it did having 4400 people return. Consider... if on 9/11, only a dozen people had died, it wouldn't have made as big an impact. Instead, nearly 3,000 people died and events since then have altered the world in ways a lesser number of people dying never could have.

We've seen the 'religion' factor being played out, and of course there is a political factor to contend with. The humans from the future, would have had to try and anticipate all of that and more. How will this person effect the timeline? What might there actions produce? Where would that person do the most good? Why might this person be the best for the assignment? Why might they not? For each and every member of the 4400, you would have to imagine literally thousands of hours asking such questions would have to be spent by the future-humans. It would have to be an undertaking of grand proportions (as of course, saving the world would be... :p ). The planning for it would rival pretty much anything I can even think of. There are also so many unknown factors as to make it seem daunting from the outset. One could only imagine that the 'super-humans'-from-the-future used their superior powers and intellect to divine all they needed to know, in chooseing the 4400 and then giving them their abilities.

Just a thought... what if there were more than 4400 people taken? What if many of the people taken turned out not to be sufficient for the needs of the future-humans, so they were simply returned to their own time and place. Sort of like a massive interviewing program. Only no one knew they were being interviewed. In the end, after potentially millions of potential candidates, the very small percentage of the 4400 were finally selected. Some being sent back with super-human powers, others simply being placed for the effect that only their presence would have. It makes you wonder, if Orson Bailey were simply a mistake, or if they had planned for what happened to him to happen. It is possible he set off a chain of events not fully understood at this point. On the other hand, if it was an unanticipated mistake, then it threw off the plans of the future-humans. However, as intelligent as one would assume that they are... they had to have had contingency plans in case some of the 4400 failed to fulfill their task.

In the end, I was wondering, will somehow accelerating the 4400 technology development sooner rather than later be needed to save the world in some way? I guess we'll find out. :)

TechnoBoY
June 12th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Ooohhhhh I KNEW I recognized Nina...thank you for identifying why!

Same here! Hah! Now I know, whee!

Shipperahoy
June 12th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I didn't know going into tonight's episode that Lexa Doig was guest starring. Of course, seeing as how it's a Vancouver based show I bet there will be a lot more familiar faces as time goes by. Tonight's episode was really good. Sharif Atkins played a 4400 who can read minds. I loved him on ER and he was really good in this. I still don't know about the baby though. It's hard to tell if she's good or really evil.

Elwe Singollo
June 12th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Although i know it was morally wrong for Lily to take the money from the cash register, i kind of felt happy but sad at the sametime because yah they need the money, but Richard's strong morals just made me think the other way.

I liked Lexa D. in the episode, although it wasn't anything huge. It was refreshing to see her out of her 'avatar' role.

Hatusu
June 12th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Didn't I also see Sargeant Siler (Dan Shea) in the stands at the baseball game? :p

Seastallion
June 13th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Didn't I also see Sargeant Siler (Dan Shea) in the stands at the baseball game? :p

Yes you did...! I was going to mention it, but you beat me to it. He was one of the ball scouts watching the game for new players to go into the Major Leagues. So, in just one episode of the 4400 last night, there were 3 Stargate actors. Dan Shea (Lt. or Seargeant Siler, depending on the episode), Lexa Doig (Michael Shanks' wife, and new cast member in season 9), and whats her name... the boss lady (She played a Tok'ra in the episode where they killed Hathor). I agree, we'll likely be seeing a lot more actors in the 4400 that were used to usually seeing in Stargate. Kind of nice, because it gives the show an extra sense of familiarity. I like that. :)

Seastallion
June 13th, 2005, 05:28 AM
*** Warning: Possible MAJOR Spoilers***

I read an article where the creator of the show was saying that Isabel (the baby) is at the very heart of the show. I think she is likely a fully, or nearly fully advanced human from the future. She seems to have already exhibited virtually every power we've seen on the 4400, with the possible exception of Maia. However, I'm quite convinced that it was she that gave Richard the dream of him running through the woods that later actually happened. I think she was trying to warn him, but he didn't get the message. So she ended up being forced to kill those guys because Richard got stubborn, and wouldn't listen. He put his foot down and said they were staying, when he knew full well they should have left. In Richard's defense though, he's scared and like most of the 4400 he's out of his element. He wants to build a life with Lily that has some resemblence of normalcy, but their fate just keeps bumping in the way.

I think there are some clear 'Messianic' themes concerning Richard, Lily, and Isabel. Richard very much reminds me of Joseph, who at first had a problem with Mary's pregnancy but got over it once his understanding was clarified. Right now Richard doesn't understand very much, but neither does Lily for that matter. Lily, is just a doting mom, as you'd expect that loves her daughter regardless of what had happened. I think Richard does too, but he's just shaken up about it. He's a good man, and his heart is very troubled right now. I can't help but sympathize with him. Honestly, I think he was put with Lily, because he is such a decent man. He grew up knowing what racism can be like, he was a fighter, and above all else he IS a good man. I think he was chosen to protect Isabel, but also to teach her how to be a good person. I don't think Isabel is bad, she's just a baby that doesn't understand complicated ideals yet. All she knows is that something feels good or bad, and when it is bad she lashes out. I think Richard is the one who will teach her when, and where her powers ought to be applied if it can be helped.

Notice, that neither Lily or Richard seem to have any powers (although Isabel have way more than enough power for all of them). I think there is a reason for that as well. Isabel has to learn that just because a human is less advanced that doesn't make them any less valuable. What better way to learn that, then to have both of your parents be completely 'normal'? If her parents had powers, then she might grow up thinking that those that had powers were somehow better than everyone else, which could mean serious trouble down the line. However, if she is sympathetic to humans without powers, then she is a powerful voice of tolerance and integration. Otherwise, you really do have the X-men scenario of humans and 'mutants' at war, like Collier belives is coming. (It is more than fair to think of the 4400 as a cross between the X-files and the X-men, because in many ways it is.)

I think Collier is very much the 'Magneto' of the 4400, who believes that a war between them and the rest of humanity is coming. I suppose Tom could be the 'Xavier' of the story... although I wouldn't count Shawn or Kyle out in that regard. I only say that because in X-men, Xavier and Magneto were best friends (Shawn comparison) that later became opponents, but on the other hand I think last night we saw the beginning of Kyle becoming the spokesman of the Future again. So he could be it... Or as I said, it could be Tom. After all, it was he that was entrusted with helping the 4400. In any case, they all seem to be rushing towards something big... and I think however that 'something' ends up, will largely determine where Isabel stands in the final analysis, even with a decent upbringing from Richard and Lily.

In other words... do the 4400 break off to start a new branch of humanity (as I suspect Collier wants) or do they reintegrate with the rest of humanity, thus elevating everyone to their level in the process. I think that may be where the conflict lies. Perhaps in the future, people with super-abilities had already followed Collier's path, and it lead to some biological disaster. Maybe they needed something that the 'lesser' humans had had, but they'd already killed off. Then after realizing their (they, being the advanced humans) major mistake (and as a result their own impending doom), did the only thing they could. They tampered with the timeline to try and prevent it from happening again. In other words humanity needs at least some of the 4400 to fight for them, because unless they re-integrate, both the 4400 and the 'normal' humans will eventuallly die without each other. The lesson being, just because someone else seems unimportant, or unworhty doesn't mean they aren't vital to your own survival in the end. To destroy the 'unworthy' is to ultimately destroy yourself.

That is all speculation, but I wouldn't be suprised if I'm right about this.

Hatusu
June 13th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Yes you did...! I was going to mention it, but you beat me to it. He was one of the ball scouts watching the game for new players to go into the Major Leagues. So, in just one episode of the 4400 last night, there were 3 Stargate actors. Dan Shea (Lt. or Seargeant Siler, depending on the episode), Lexa Doig (Michael Shanks' wife, and new cast member in season 9), and whats her name... the boss lady (She played a Tok'ra in the episode where they killed Hathor). I agree, we'll likely be seeing a lot more actors in the 4400 that were used to usually seeing in Stargate. Kind of nice, because it gives the show an extra sense of familiarity. I like that. :)
The boss lady was driving me crazy. You are right. She was the Tok'ra posing as a Goa'uld doctor. The one who revived everyone. Thanks.

Shipperahoy
June 13th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Did anyone figure out exactly what it was that baby Isabel did to Richard at the end? It was hard to tell is she was letting him hear her like she does Lily or if she did something bad to him because he was getting all bent out of shape and worrying about Isabel hurting somebody

Seastallion
June 13th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Did anyone figure out exactly what it was that baby Isabel did to Richard at the end? It was hard to tell is she was letting him hear her like she does Lily or if she did something bad to him because he was getting all bent out of shape and worrying about Isabel hurting somebody

I honestly don't know. I agree, that was rather disturbing. He seemed to be in pain, or at least very disoriented. It is obvious Isabel did something to him... I just have no idea what. It would be easy to believe she just wanted to punish him, but that might simply be an intentional attempt to mislead us, about what exactly was going on. We'll just have to wait and see exactly what did happen.

Sela
June 13th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Possible Spoiler:

There's no doubt that Isabel is a special baby and can transmit her thoughts and feelings to another person, but I'm beginning to think there's more to that. With the men in the woods, if Isabel is a child from the future, she may have been showing Richard what was going to happen anyway because being from the future, she already knew what would happen and maybe the dream was a way to prepare him for what would happen. As for causing it to happen, maybe the incident didn't originate with Isabel. With the cash drawer opening and Richard's pain, I'm starting to wonder if somehow Isabel is channeling Lily's feelings and emotions into action. Isabel clearly loves Richard. I don't think she'd deliberatly hurt him. I think she's manifesting Lily's fear.

Darth Buddha
June 13th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Not putting this in spoilers, because it really isn't a spoiler... you are way conservative with those things, Seastallion.

I think Collier is very much the 'Magneto' of the 4400, who believes that a war between them and the rest of humanity is coming. I suppose Tom could be the 'Xavier' of the story... although I wouldn't count Shawn or Kyle out in that regard. I only say that because in X-men, Xavier and Magneto were best friends (Shawn comparison) that later became opponents, but on the other hand I think last night we saw the beginning of Kyle becoming the spokesman of the Future again.
Somehow Magneto, as a Holocaust survivor, is far more understandable than the power mad Collier. Magneto had far greater reason to worry than Collier, and suffered far more than Collier before coming to his conclusions. Not that Collier isn't an interesting villain, just that he isn't the anti-hero that Magnus is.

The rest of your speculation is interesting to a point.. but I'm hoping the writers manage to have something as surprising as the end of the first miniseries. I didn't see the "voice from the future", and I'm even one of those who thinks the only way you could have humanoids in a U.F.O. is if they are from Earth's future! Your speculation was good... but along the lines of stuff I also considered too having seen and read way to much science fiction.

What I want is a suprise! Something new! The unexpected!

Now Isabel actually causing her father pain makes me question any messianic aspect. That behavior was clearly not "good"... and was in fact downright malign. Seems that she may have the power, but she has no moral sense, or restraint. Isabel could be a nightmare.

Hex.FTB.enabled
June 13th, 2005, 02:36 PM
There's a lot of interesting speculation above. I haven't made up my mind on Isabel. Killing the men in the woods seemed a bit excessive and brutal to me, and causing Richard pain is a bit foreboding. It just doesn't seem quite right.

Did I miss how Collier knew the baseball player could read minds? I hope they develop Collier a bit more soon beyond that he's a bad guy. But Maia's still my favorite. It seems the "betrayal" she's seen is already in motion.

And ya gotta love Siler. This show's been filled with Stargate cameos (for obvious reasons) but it's still fun to see them. :)

Seastallion
June 14th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Not putting this in spoilers, because it really isn't a spoiler... you are way conservative with those things, Seastallion.

Somehow Magneto, as a Holocaust survivor, is far more understandable than the power mad Collier. Magneto had far greater reason to worry than Collier, and suffered far more than Collier before coming to his conclusions. Not that Collier isn't an interesting villain, just that he isn't the anti-hero that Magnus is.

The rest of your speculation is interesting to a point.. but I'm hoping the writers manage to have something as surprising as the end of the first miniseries. I didn't see the "voice from the future", and I'm even one of those who thinks the only way you could have humanoids in a U.F.O. is if they are from Earth's future! Your speculation was good... but along the lines of stuff I also considered too having seen and read way to much science fiction.

What I want is a suprise! Something new! The unexpected!

Now Isabel actually causing her father pain makes me question any messianic aspect. That behavior was clearly not "good"... and was in fact downright malign. Seems that she may have the power, but she has no moral sense, or restraint. Isabel could be a nightmare.

Well, you know... some people are picky about speculations... so I just thought I'd save the trouble. About Collier, I completely agree. Magnus did indeed, suffer a great deal more and is a much more sympathetic character. I only point out, that Collier has been set up to lead the 'bad guy' side, from current appearances. On the other hand, the writers could do a twist, and we might find out he was in fact, the good guy. I'm sure you'd enjoy something along those lines. After all, Diana was just remarking at the end of the last episode that she was beginning to suspect that they were working for the wrong side.

I agree that bit with Isabel and Richard was quite disturbing, but I'm willing to wait for a broader explanation. At this point, we don't know precisely what she did. All we saw, was that he was under considerable discomfort. We have no idea if Isabel wasn't also imparting some form of communication to him as well. If she did, we might learn about it later. I do know the creators said Isabel is at the very heart of the story. I'd like to think, that assuming she fits under the 'good guy' column, that she has yet to learn the difference between right and wrong. As I said in my speculation, I think Richard may be there to provide that for her. I think the above post is an interesting possibility... what if Isabel IS in fact acting as a conduit for Lily? That certainly puts an interesting spin on things. It might even explain a lot. I doubt very much Lily appreciated Richard saying what he did about Isabel. She may have been a bit angry with him, but as soon as she saw he wasn't well, it quickly turned to concern. Then it stopped. Coincidence? :confused:

yaaayoubetcha
June 14th, 2005, 06:10 AM
If it goes on sufficiently long....i see a confrontation of some sort...perhaps a new basis for the series....tween Isabel and Maia.

As many have indicated, Isabel seems to perhaps be the fully evolved future person, exhibiting all the traits that humanity is supposed to end up getting...

But she's not evolved into her status, she was put there. With no others of her kind to be role models for her, she's learning based on the actions of those around her. A life on the run and already at least 1 questionable moral choice. If that type of upbringing continues, she could easily go from being the savior she was perhaps meant to be to supplanting Collier as the head baddy.

And I say a confrontation with Maia because as yet, she's the only other child 4400 that we've seen and she has the precog and is nicely setup as a jr hero living with law enforcement.

Seastallion
June 14th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Maybe... but if we're talking about a direct confrontation between Maia, and Isabel... Maia would loose. Big time. Maia may be the only other child, but she hasn't demonstrated near the capability of Isabel has, and that was while she was just in her womb. I don't think Isabel is bad, I think she mey very well be (as suggested by someone else) reflecting Lily's own fears and wants. She wanted berries? Voila. She wanted her money back? Voila. She wanted those men trying to kill her to be gone? Voila. She's still a baby dependant upon her parents... and just because she's born now, doesn't mean that her connection with Lily is severed. I think Lily has as much to do with what has happened so far as Isabel. When Isabel begins developing her own higher brain functions, I think then the connection will at least be lessoned. Because then, her own desires and thoughts would be interfereing with Lily's. Lets not make Isabel a devil yet... as powerful as she is, I'm not so sure she's responsible. **Looks over at Lily again...** ...not that she's bad either... just scared. :)

Hex.FTB.enabled
June 14th, 2005, 12:35 PM
While I'm not ready to write off Isabel as evil just yet, I don't think she's channeling her mother. Whenever Isabel has used her powers they often play some sort of baby music, and almost always give her a closeup. To me, this implies that they are focusing on Isabel, making sure we get she's the source. But I used to be a film major, so I tend to think that way, who knows. :)

As far as showdowns go, I'd like to see something between Shawn and Kyle or maybe Shawn and Collier. But we definitley need more info on what Collier's motives are!

knocknashee
June 16th, 2005, 04:54 AM
Anyone know when it starts in the UK??? I saw the first season and really enjoyed it...

fair_nymph
June 17th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Comments on episode two, BEWARE OF SPOILERS:

Another great episode, let's hope the season continues this way. :)

I first started suspecting some connection between Lily and Isabel back in episode one with the 'bad men' in the forest. I noticed that Isabel didn't protect or defend Richard when they were beating him up, but she attacked them when they came near her and Lily. We also see Isabel ripen the berries after Lily is upset to find them unripe.

Then, we see the cash register scene in ep 2, apparently via some psychic mind-reading on Isabel's behalf. Then Isabel seems to harm Richard (maybe a much milder version of what she did to Collier as a fetus?), right after Lily gets upset at him.

To me, these incidents indicate that Lily has some influence over Isabel's actions, although I believe it's unconscious on Lily's part. I don't necessarily think that Isabel is a tool or conduit (although I wouldn't rule out the possibility), but rather that she is highly impressionable, like any baby, and has a strong psychic connection with her mom. I think Lily really needs to take a good look at herself and learn to control her thoughts a little better, if indeed this is the case.

I have to admit I fully agreed with Richard regarding stealing the money -- yes, the man at the desk was a jerk, and yes they are poor and hungry, but it still doesn't make theft okay. I'm really proud of Richard for being plain with Lily about it to, and I hope something like that won't happen again. I love the integrity of Richard's character.

Moving on...I was pleased to see that Kyle had a reason for being so antagonistic towards his dad, and I do hope that they can fix things between them. The flirtation etc with the 19th cent novella prof made me laugh too, very cute. :)

Sharif did an awesome job -- I felt so bad for his character, I can't imagining hearing everyone's thoughts, without having any control over what is heard. I got really angry that Nina etc was trying to use him, and twisting Tom's promise in the process.

As twisted as it sounds, I liked it when I got to see Shawn's damaging abilities again -- I had almost forgotten that he could harm as well as heal. The guy was evil and Kyle kicked butt. :D

fair_nymph
June 17th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Oh, and who did Lexa Doig play?

Seastallion
June 17th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Oh, and who did Lexa Doig play?

She played one of Kyle's college Professors. :) Dan Shea played a Major League baseball Scout. ;)

fair_nymph
June 17th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Oh! Thank you. She's pretty, good for Michael. :)

Seastallion
June 20th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Yep... I was definitely right about Kyle. Whatever the 'future-people' did to him, is coming back. Weird though... I can understand him being afraid to tell his Dad about it. He desperately doesn't want to be sent back to quarantine.

Looks like Maia let the cat out of the bag... Maybe she'll learn to come to terms with her 'gift'. Or at least she'll have learned when and when not to mention it. I think she'd be ok as long as she learned that. She's had to learn the hard way, but she's learning.

Shawn's eyes are opening a little more... but the possibility of having all of Collier's wealth is tempting I'm sure. Not that he really cares about wealth per se, but he does have to live in the world, and living in style seems to be something he's gotten used to. I'm still not sure about Collier... I know he's a prick... that's no secret. I just wonder how committed he is to Shawn. Does he really think of him like a son, and heir? Or is it just one more way to use him? Time will tell... :)

Poor Richard..! Just when he thought he might be able to finally settle down, some idiot gets in the way. I'm still not sure what that guy's (David) problem was. He seemed to think that Richard somehow sold out, to be able to fly back in the 50's. I can't help but think there was more... I just don't know what. They weren't big on details with him. Either way... what an idiot..! I can't help but wonder if his wife is going to leave him for being such a colossal jerk. I feel reasonably certain Richard's Indian friend isn't going to be friends with David anymore. What a way to burn your bridges..! :p Richard was right about what he told David... it wasn't Richard or anyone else that would be responsible for David loosing his wife... it'd be all him. Idiot. (sorry about the rant... colossal jerks like that in real life, really Erk me..! )

:eek:

fair_nymph
June 20th, 2005, 08:27 PM
This third episode was my least favourite so far. It just wasn't as exciting, insightful, or meaningful IMO. Still very good though, don't get me wrong.

I loved that little moment with Maia, it was a highlight of the ep for me. I *do* agree that she seems to be coming to terms with her gift...I mean, she saved a life, and yeah, the guy was a little freaked out, but she still saved his life. It's interesting that she can see the future in such a way that it can still be altered -- i.e. presumably the flash of future she saw involved him dying, but that didn't actually happen.

Shawn definitely seems to be wising up on Collier, although he's clearly still unsure about what to do, but he's so deep into it all now, I wonder if he could get out and away if he wanted to. Like Shawn I lost some additional respect for Collier -- I've generally thought that while his methods are a bit suspect, he is still fundamentally good intentioned, but now I'm not so sure.

David really, really upset me...I was so afraid he was going to try to shoot Richard. And god, the tension between Richard and Lily...I felt so bad for them, I really hope they get a break soon, or learn to stop worrying since they have Isabel to protect them, or at least Lily.

Good call on Kyle, seastallion. I wonder what exactly is happening to him...I was prett y surprised by the ending (very nice twist, and I just *knew* that they would end the show after revealing that to us). Any ideas about what's up with him, exactly?

I'm sure with the enzyme that speeds up the metabolism that they'll be able to modify it somehow or give it in small enough doses so that it doesn't have such a strong effect and can be used medically. I totally called the daughter sneaking some of his saliva too. Saw that one coming from miles away. Also, can't they study why Appelbaum himself is obviously immune to the deadly effects?

fair_nymph
June 20th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Oh, and slightly off-topic...but does anyone else really like the credits music? I love it, very catchy and a little eerie and pretty. I also like the music they have for the recaps in the beginning of each ep.

Seastallion
June 21st, 2005, 12:27 AM
Oh, and slightly off-topic...but does anyone else really like the credits music? I love it, very catchy and a little eerie and pretty. I also like the music they have for the recaps in the beginning of each ep.

Yeah, I like it too. :p It has this slightly 'hip' feel to it. Something about it reminds me (only a little) of the theme song for Roswell. I'm not sure what... just something. Maybe it's the 'hip' factor. That's probably it. :) Anyways...

About Maia... I don't think she's quite there yet, in terms of completely having accepted her gift. I think she would rather not have revealed that side of herself, but she liked the guy, and she was presented with little choice in the matter. She could do nothing, and he'd die... or she could reveal her secret. The guy may have been a little freaked, but in the end he was far more grateful. I doubt he cared too much why, or how. I know I'd feel that way.

The thing with Appelbaum, I'm sure he might be willing to help find a way to make the 'protein' (I think that's what they said it was at the end...) useful. So, he may still be useful yet, even if he can't produce the protein himself anymore. But then, he doesn't need to anymore. They can produce it artificially now, as they said.

About Kyle... I'm not completely certain about what specifically is going on with him, beyond the fact that the 'future-folk' are trying to make a comeback with him. I think, that like the 4400 he was also altered to some degree. He is their 'conduit' to Tom. It would seem that making contact through time, is very difficult and it takes time to work up enough energy or something in order to make contact. My main question on this, is will Kyle be able to 'integrate' this purpose with his conscience self. So far, it has seemed that he has to be in the background to be able to act as the conduit. I'm still trying to figure out... is he only the conduit at temporary intervals, or have the 'future-folk' somehow placed one of themselves inside Kyle. (Sort of like a symbiote on Stargate... only one can speak at a time.)

There is definitely some quantum mechanics involved here. The thing with Kyle's image splitting into separate parts reminds me of some sort of focal point between alternate realities. Theoretically (and this is real) multiple alternate realities can exist side by side, each having it's own 'frequency' and being different from the others. This is theoretically possible because subatomic particles are not grounded in space like macroscopic objects are. (There is too much gravity, apparently...(that matter generates in general, not just the planet... i.e.- We generate too much gravity of our own to allow us to exist as individuals in multiple realities...) which anchors us in one space-time reality) In all matter, the space between the atoms makes up the vast majority of an objects size. (not unlike the space between stars)(we don't see it because we can't see into the atomic world... we're macroscopic. :p ) Since atoms (and other extremely small particles) jump around (they aren't anchored in one location in space-time) it is theoretically possible for them to co-exist in alternate realities at the same time. Meaning that there is more than one of us existing at once, in multiple realities.

I'm not sure how that would specifically apply to Kyle, but the technology of the 4400 obviously makes serious use of quantum mechanics. It could be, that they are attempting to re-integrate themselves, back into Kyle. We are simply watching the process. Maybe. It's just a theory. ;) In any case... Kyle obviously remains a very important part of the story.

Hex.FTB.enabled
June 21st, 2005, 12:02 PM
The 4400 music over the credits is: "A Place In Time" performed by Amanda Abizaid. iTunes doesn't have it though. :(

What I want to see is if the interviews (The "we are not the enemy" things) were just promotional are actually part of an upcoming episode. A lot of if was expositional, but Tom was saying he knows why they're here, what the purpose is, what is supposed to happen, etc., and Kyle's bit was definitley different from how he's acted thus far this season. Kyle's got the 4400 that's got most of my interest right now after that cliffhanger (but Maia's still close :)).

Shipperahoy
June 21st, 2005, 04:29 PM
I have actually read some major spoilers for upcoming episode and thus far they've been very accurate as far as the spoilers that they gave for episodes already aired. I love spoilers and I usually don't feel that they ruin the show for me but I'm kind of wishing that I hadn't read the spoilers now. They do rasie some interesting questions about Kyle though.

Seastallion
June 27th, 2005, 07:24 AM
I really like last nights episode...! :) Things are taking an interesting turn... and if the preview of the episode in two weeks is any indication, it will be an even further interesting turn then too... :D

Once again... I'm left wondering about Jordan Collier's motivations. Isabel seemed to trust him... so now what? I think for the short term, it would be safe to say that Richard, Lily, and Isabel are returning to the 4400 center. Hmmm...

The thing with the teacher was something... It sort of makes Collier's ideas about others 'becoming' 4400's almost true. These kids might never have found their true talents if it hadn't been for Miss Tobey. Hmmm...

It would seem that Kyle is being forced to come to terms with his 'problem'. Now that his cousin knows... how long until ol' dad finds out?? Hmmm...

I don't know... but I think Collier is going to be the one killed in two weeks. Or not... :p We'll just have to wait and see. :D

Atteria
June 27th, 2005, 07:33 AM
So far, I think the second season of the 4400 has been better than the first. I'm enjoying it, the hour seems to fly by. Looking forward to the next installment, just wish we didn't have to wait 2 weeks for it. ;) Ah, but anticipation heightens any experience! :rolleyes:

Seastallion
June 27th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Oh... I almost forgot to mention...! Stargate actor alert..!! :D

The principle of that High School was played by the guy that was the really sick rich guy that tried to use a captured Goa'uld symbiote to get himself cured. I can't remember his name...

aAnubiSs
June 27th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I found the homeless girl kinda hot. Reminded my of some other actress, but can't remember who.

Elwe Singollo
June 27th, 2005, 11:31 AM
I found the homeless girl kinda hot. Reminded my of some other actress, but can't remember who.I thought the homeless girl played in Wrong Turn and Dawn of the Dead, but i dont know... At the sametime it didn't look like her.

Gosh although it was supposingly the right thing to heal (was it?) i feel bad for both Sean and the poor people that need healing! But then again, Collier was right, dont heal them or else all of them will want it, or something like that.

aAnubiSs
June 27th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Since the death of tvtome(I HATE Tv.com) it's much harder to find guest starring actors. imdb just isn't good enough compared to tvtome.

Oma Desala
June 27th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I never saw Season 1, but the previews for this show looked awesome. I've been recording every episode from this season. My Tivo records one hour and then cuts to another show, so I never get to see the ending of any of them. I need to cancel my fiances stupid show 'Intervention'...so I can watch more 4400!

Hex.FTB.enabled
June 27th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Yes, what the heck happened to TvTome?? :( And I can't believe I missed such a blantant cameo: Jinto! But all in all, this episode really aggravated me. Collier didn't tell Richard anything they couldn't have figured out for themselves after what Izzy did to those hunters. Although I'll admit having her smile at Collier was an interesting (if predictable) twist. And it seemed a bit random to introduce Lily's ex-husband, unless they plan to do more with her and Heidi (please!).
But what bothered me most was Kyle. Of all people to tell about the black outs, he tells DANNY?! After how cruel he was to Shawn, it seems a little odd, especially when Danny still obviously maintains that the 4400 are freaks. Nicki is what started the whole mess with him, and he flippantly dismisses it with one comment.
That said, I'm still excited about coming episodes. Next week looks especially cool with Maia-central stories. :)

fair_nymph
June 27th, 2005, 06:51 PM
There is definitely some quantum mechanics involved here. The thing with Kyle's image splitting into separate parts reminds me of some sort of focal point between alternate realities. Theoretically (and this is real) multiple alternate realities can exist side by side, each having it's own 'frequency' and being different from the others.
That makes sense to me (I know a little bit about quantum mechanics), and would definitely be interesting if it's behind what's going on with Kyle. Time will tell. :)

Ughhhh I did NOT like this episode. I really hope the season doesn't continue this way. The last episode wasn't as good as the first two but it was perfectly fine; this episode was mediocre at best, kinda crappy at worst. All JMHO of course.

Miss Tobey was fine, I had no problem with her, and I thought her talent was a good one. But I thought the whole bit with the kids, the kid Greg and the gun, and that whole storyline was really drawn out and kinda cheesy -- especially with the little 'interviews' with the kids. It just wasn't very well acted IMO and I found it boring.

I also really, REALLY disliked the subplot with Shawn and the homeless kids. One, that girl wasn't that hot (IMO); I thought Nicki was way, way hotter (and he should go back to her :D). The shippiness between Shawn and homeless girl was so predictable and cheesy and IMO dumb. I was embarassed watching it! The only good part was him healing the guy (although the guy didn't deserve to be healed, and Shawn should have just walked away); at least it showed Shawn that he CAN'T fix the world completely, that he has limitations and there is only so much he can do, and it also showed what a completely good guy Shawn is. But otherwise I considered that whole storyline pointless and boring. One question about Shawn -- why did he scream while he was healing that guy?

I hope Collier turns out to be good. I suppose that would be boring but I always want people to live up to their better aspects. He did pass the Isabel test, but I'm not so sure that means so much, after she shook up Richard. The bit with Ryan (Lily's ex husband) and Heidi did seem a bit superfluous, but I didn't mind too much cause I like Ryan's character, and I think he's HOT. :D Btw, why exactly did Richard get arrested? Avoiding NTAC? Collier's goons? I wasn't clear on that.

Hex: I think Kyle told Danny (btw, I don't like Danny, I really really disliked him in season 1 and he appears to be just as maladjusted now, IMO), simply because he really doesn't have that many friends or people to talk to, and at least Danny is family. Although personally, I think Kyle should just confide in Lexa/his teacher. Or tell his dad already -- things are getting serious now.

Sligthly off-topic: does anyone else majorly thunk for Collier? Mmmmm. :D

Shipperahoy
June 27th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I already know who dies (like I said before I wish that I didn't. It's the first time that I regret reading spoilers. I usually love them. But it's not so much who gets killed as who does the killing. Though with recent events it makes more sense then it did when I first read the spoilers. It will be interesting to see what they do with it.

As I was watching last night I realized that while I really loved Richard and Lily last season I just don't know about them this season. It seems more and more like Lily is all about Isabel and Richard is kind of an afterthought.

Vapor
June 28th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Maybe... but if we're talking about a direct confrontation between Maia, and Isabel... Maia would loose. Big time. Maia may be the only other child, but she hasn't demonstrated near the capability of Isabel has, and that was while she was just in her womb. I don't think Isabel is bad, I think she mey very well be (as suggested by someone else) reflecting Lily's own fears and wants. She wanted berries? Voila. She wanted her money back? Voila. She wanted those men trying to kill her to be gone? Voila. She's still a baby dependant upon her parents... and just because she's born now, doesn't mean that her connection with Lily is severed. I think Lily has as much to do with what has happened so far as Isabel. When Isabel begins developing her own higher brain functions, I think then the connection will at least be lessoned. Because then, her own desires and thoughts would be interfereing with Lily's. Lets not make Isabel a devil yet... as powerful as she is, I'm not so sure she's responsible. **Looks over at Lily again...** ...not that she's bad either... just scared. :)

I just had a crazy thought. What if Isabel isn't making all these things happen at all? What if it's actually her mother doing it all, except not realizing it. What if Isabel's only power is her connection to her mother?

If you think about it, everything fits... I mean, right?

Of course, the "Isabel is the fully-evolved human" thing would be untrue then, but...

Well, it's just a thought. It would be just the kind of odd twist that I could dig from this show.

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2005, 12:04 AM
I just had a crazy thought. What if Isabel isn't making all these things happen at all? What if it's actually her mother doing it all, except not realizing it. What if Isabel's only power is her connection to her mother?

If you think about it, everything fits... I mean, right?

Of course, the "Isabel is the fully-evolved human" thing would be untrue then, but...

Well, it's just a thought. It would be just the kind of odd twist that I could dig from this show.I thought about that too! I have missed a couple of episodes so i had no idea what powers Richard or Lily's power, but have they showed that?!

fair_nymph
June 29th, 2005, 04:06 PM
I basically said the same thing earlier in this thread...I think it's a definite possibility.

fair_nymph
July 7th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Was anyone else really sad that there was no new episode last sunday?

:(

Makes me even more anxious for this coming sunday!

I'm practically in withdrawal, waiting for both SGs and BSG for another week.

Seastallion
July 8th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Was anyone else really sad that there was no new episode last sunday?

:(

Makes me even more anxious for this coming sunday!

I'm practically in withdrawal, waiting for both SGs and BSG for another week.

Well... it would be a bit much to say 'sad'... but it did make for a boring weekend for me personally. Oh, well. It being the Independence Day weekend, it was bound to happen. It just makes me more excited about this weekend. I'm REALLY psyched for this weekend...! :D The return of Sci-Fi Friday (nervous jitters), and a new episode of the 4400... almost enough to O.D. (overdose, for those who don't know... :p :rolleyes: ) on excited energy... :D For the last few days, I've been so giddy (yes, giddy) about Stargate coming back (both of them) I've been telling total strangers... Stargate is coming back..! (As though I could alone raise the ratings any higher... :rolleyes: ) July 15, will indeed be big day for me personally. It makes it all the more sweeter, that due to recent work scheduling changes I will actually be off on Friday nights to enjoy it..! (I was working on Friday nights, forcing me to have to Tivo the shows before I could watch them the next day.) Now I can watch them without having to worry about getting enough sleep before work. :) Yippee!!!

Seastallion
July 11th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Hmmm... very, very interesting episode last night.

I'm beginning to worry about Isabel. What possible threat could her older sister have represented??? Jealousy? Was she afraid that somehow Heidi's appearance would somehow lessen her mother's love for her?? If that was the case, I think she might have succeeded in doing that on her own. Now Lily really is scared of what Isabel might do to people, just as Richard has been. That was deeply disturbing.

I'm glad for Maia's sake, that her aunt is so accepting of her abilities. I think it helps Maia realize that not everyone is going to be mean. I think of course, she's had to grow up a little faster because of being forced to deal with her ability and its consequences. Poor kid. :(

Then there is Kyle...!!! What a shocker...!!! I'm actually quite confused about that. We assume that Kyle was acting as an agent of the future, so we have to assume that they wanted Collier assasinated for some reason. However, given that his body was missing from a room with only one entrance in or out, did the future-folk take him? Collier said, just before he died, that Isabel had lied to him... but I'm not so sure she did, neccessarily. She seemed upset about him getting shot. Perhaps the future folk, actually have plans for Collier, and plan to send him back at some point. They managed to save Kyle's life, so there is no reason to assume they can't do the same for Collier. Isabel's vision to him, showed him apparently reaching "7th key" meaning he would obtain some sort of ability. Perhaps that is why the future folk took him, to change him further.

Or not. It's just that I find it very confusing that the future-folk would kill Collier and then take his body. It seems contradictory, unless as I said, they have further plans for him. Maybe his death was meant to be some further turning point for him, and as I said, they intend to return him. I just don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think that Collier really was convinced that he was doing the right thing. At first, I thought maybe he was just trying to exploit all the 4400's, but maybe he really did believe that he had some higher purpose. In any case... I don't think we've seen the last of Jordan Collier.

It will be interesting to see how Shawn takes over the reigns of the 4400 center. He's committed... that's for sure. It was interesting to see him and his Uncle Tom make up, somewhat. I wonder where this thing with that homeless girl is going to play out. She certainly looked better the last scene we saw her... but I couldn't help but think she seemed a little sad somehow concerning Shawn. And Shawn didn't seem too happy in his closing shot either. I suppose he's got to have a lot of stress on him, trying to take over for Collier. Oh well... it was what Collier was grooming him for. Lets see what he does with it.

I really think that either Danny or Kyle's professor (played by the beautiful [and taken... :p , by Shanks. :D ] Lexa Doig) ought to tell Kyle's dad about what is going on. I guess they don't want to betray him... but if I were them, I'd be more concerned about Kyle's safety and that of others more. (He's already just killed someone...!!! Even if no one else knows it.)

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2005, 02:59 PM
The future ones might've needed the 4400 center started, but Collier would've turned power mad. So in the beginning he was needed due to his money and contacts, but now he would start to do more bad then good. So Isabel fooled him and "Kyle" killed him. No proof since future boy and baby girl can't exactly tell it to anyone :)

Maybe Collier ascended of some sort, maybe that was his power, so Isabel wasn't lieing to him. Only by getting killed would his power reveal itself. Might've been why Isabel injured him in the first place, and Shawn wasn't meant to keep healing him.

Seastallion
July 11th, 2005, 03:15 PM
The future ones might've needed the 4400 center started, but Collier would've turned power mad. So in the beginning he was needed due to his money and contacts, but now he would start to do more bad then good. So Isabel fooled him and "Kyle" killed him. No proof since future boy and baby girl can't exactly tell it to anyone :)

Maybe Collier ascended of some sort, maybe that was his power, so Isabel wasn't lieing to him. Only by getting killed would his power reveal itself. Might've been why Isabel injured him in the first place, and Shawn wasn't meant to keep healing him.

Um... ...Um... ...Um... ...Nevermind. :S

Sorry... but I can't quite agree with that. Not completely. (especially the second paragraph)

MarshAngel
July 11th, 2005, 04:06 PM
It was a great episode. I really wasn't expecting Collier to die.

Maybe Isabel is evil... what else could she be? It's quite a mystery why anyone would send a baby back to kill and hurt so many people, and one who's so devious.

I'd be a little annoyed if they brought collier back all hale and hearty. For his body to be available for viewing it needed to be embalmed didn't it? And I'm sure it was autopsied so there is no doubt he's very dead.

Dahak
July 11th, 2005, 11:48 PM
If this wasn't a t.v. show I would say that Isabelle is evil or more accurately since she is a baby very self centerred and unable to understand other peoples desires.
But this is a tv show and there is no way they are going to have an evil baby making an 11 year old girls spleen explode. Or maybe the exploding spleen was necessary?
As far Collier his missing body while suprissing could end up being really stupid. Please stay away from having him ascend since it doesn't work on any tv show.
As long as the writers have all this figured out for the entire season the show will stay good. If they are making it up as they go along it will get stupid fast.

Arative
July 12th, 2005, 08:44 AM
I'm pretty sure that we haven't seen the last of Jordan Collier. I'm beginning to think that Isabel is evil and Jordan is the good guy, despite his methods. And I think that the future people are setting up Jordan to be Christ like figure. He dies, body disappears and then he turns up alive and well, if that happened, more and more people would turn to follow the 4400.

And loved the ending with Shawn and the doors closing when that homeless girl showed up. Reminded me of the Godfather.

Seastallion
July 12th, 2005, 10:02 AM
:D I just read some 4400 spoilers...! :p

***WARNING*** -Don't read, if you don't want to know...!

-- Jordan Collier isn't gone forever... he'll be back. :) ...and he'll arrive from Highland Beach... :S
-- Richard (Lily's husband) will become one of the higher-ups in the 4400 center, and will actually lead the center for a while in Shawn's place... temporarily. :S
-- Richard discover's a new ability... Telekinesis. :eek:
-- Ryland will be back... and he may not exactly be a good guy... :confused:
-- Tom may become engaged to a wheelchair bound 4400 named Alana... :)
-- Lily will be offered the job of 'Assistant Director of Human Services' for the 4400 Center. She is told that Collier believed that Lily was an Empath and a 'natural born organizer'. (The empath thing actually makes sense, considering the 'communication' she had with Isabel.)
-- The 4400 will be struck by a mysterious plague... and it's no accident.

We're in for some really cool stuff... :D

Seastallion
July 12th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Did anyone else like those little clips, "the Clairvoyant child"? I thought they were very cute. :p Especially the one where she helps the little boy catch the baseball outside the ball park. :)

I was just thinking... that Medallion, Collier recieved in his vision from Isabel... I think that might have actually been a Nobel prize... not a 7th Key. Although, it is possible he might get an ability. Who knows? :confused: Why else would they take him? I guess we'll find out. :)

fair_nymph
July 12th, 2005, 08:34 PM
I'm very worried about Isabel too. I am really beginning to think that she is evil. Jordan has done some bad things but nothing deserving of death IMO. It was wrong of her to lie to him by giving him that happy vision of a long and successful life; even if that is what eventually happens, she should not have misled him into believing that continuting with the gala would be safe.

I agree with Seastallion regarding why Isabel 'attacked' Heidi; I think it was jealousy; she doesn't want to share Lily. So it is possible that Isabel isn't truly that evil but just driven by her own very self-centered and immature desires; although that doesn't adequately explain, IMO, why she fooled Jordan. I don't think she seemed upset about him dying, though, I interpreted that as just normal baby behaviour in response to all the turmoil.

Maia's aunt has grown on me a lot. I was worried she was going to be a bad influence on Maia but that does not seem to be the case. I agree about her having to grow up fast though, poor kid. I don't think Maia should have to submit her diary to NTAC; maybe just have Diana read it/talk to her about relevant/important prophecies. But the kid deserves some privacy.

I was pretty darn shocked about Kyle being Jordan's assasin. I don't know if I necessarily think that it was the future-people causing him to do it. He seems awfully out of control to me and I think it's possible that he's gone off course, that something's messed up in him (beyond what was intentional). I agree that Lexa (is her name Wendy?) should tell Kyle's dad. Kyle still has some attitude problems IMO.

I was really shocked that Jordan died. I was sure that Shawn was going to bring him back -- why didn't it work? He was shot twice but it didn't appear to be that bad. And Shawn even brought him to consciousness. Jordan has really grown on me, and he's always been a great character IMO. I am *praying* that he comes back somehow.

I'd be a little annoyed if they brought collier back all hale and hearty. For his body to be available for viewing it needed to be embalmed didn't it? And I'm sure it was autopsied so there is no doubt he's very dead.
This is a good point, one I considered myself while I was watching. He would definitely have been embalmed, which is highly toxic, so I can't imagine how he would come back alive in the same body. :(

Did anyone else like those little clips, "the Clairvoyant child"?
I have no idea what you are referring to...this was part of the 4400 ep? *confused*

I was just thinking... that Medallion, Collier recieved in his vision from Isabel... I think that might have actually been a Nobel prize... not a 7th Key.
I thought it was a Nobel prize. Looked like one to me at least.

I guess the only good thing about Jordan dying is that it will mean new challenges and growth for Shawn, who is one of my favourite characters. I am thoroughly enjoying seeing him in his more authoritative role; I think he's come a long way, and his heart is most definitely in the right place. I think he will be good for the 4400 center and the world in general.

However, I was NOT happy to see the return of homeless girl (I think her name might be Liv?); I just find that whole subplot with her terribly cliche and cheesy. Even though she did look MUCH better in her suit at the end. Still, I wish that she hadn't been brought back. *sigh*

Seastallion
July 13th, 2005, 04:43 AM
I have no idea what you are referring to...this was part of the 4400 ep? *confused

They were sort of like commercials that played in between the show... but it wasn't really advertising anything... barely even the 4400 show. It just said 'the clairvoyant child' and had a really cute seen on each one. In one she helps a little boy catch a baseball outside a stadium, in another she's in a hospital walking by these pregnant ladies calling out the gender of each unborn, and in the third, she is putting grass into a jar with fire-flies in them, and suddenly thunder rolls, and the lights go out, but there are a bunch of jars all over the room with fire-flies that suddenly light up, and Maia is sitting their grinning. :)

:p Like I said... they're really cute. :D

fair_nymph
July 13th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Ahhh. I don't have a tv so I don't see ads or anything...that does sound very cute though, I'm sad to have missed it.

Countess Wardour
July 13th, 2005, 08:45 AM
I so do NOT like or trust that evil little baby!!!

Elwe Singollo
July 13th, 2005, 10:43 AM
I so do NOT like or trust that evil little baby!!!Omg, that baby is so evil! Hurt that little girl... :(

Seastallion
July 13th, 2005, 01:03 PM
wow... hasn't anyone read the spoilers I've posted?? If so... what did you think? :confused:

fair_nymph
July 13th, 2005, 03:01 PM
I'm a spoiler-phobe, so no, I haven't read them. :D

Seastallion
July 13th, 2005, 03:37 PM
I'm a spoiler-phobe, so no, I haven't read them. :D

:) That's ok. I personally find them hard to resist though... :p I'm the sort of person that will read the back of the book before he buys it. :D I dunno... I just do that sometime. :rolleyes: Some of those spoilers, aren't too suprising, but a few are very suprising. *evil grin* :p LOL Just kidding around... ;) (but what I said is true... :D )

fair_nymph
July 13th, 2005, 04:23 PM
I'm a huge BSG fan and those spoilers I am having a ton of trouble resisting. It's not as hard for me though with SG and The 4400.

I've always been a spoiler-phobe. In high school when we read 'Oedipus Rex' I was the only person who didn't know the plot, and I got outraged when someone gave away details before we had finished reading it in class. I hum loudly if people start talking about movies I want to see. I won't even watch trailers if I can help it, for either movies or shows.

I definitely am very curious, but I know myself, and I know that I'll enjoy things a lot more if they come as (at least somwhat of) a surprise. I mean, even someone in this thread talking about how a character was going to be killed I considered pretty spoilery, because I immediately knew at the beginning of this most recent episode that Jordan was probably going to die. :\

Seastallion
July 14th, 2005, 04:19 AM
I found out some spoilers for the 4400... :D

The first one... Jordan Collier won't stay dead... :eek: He'll be back at the very end of the season, in raggy clothes and a skraggy beard... coming from Highland Beach. :S

It would seem the folks from the Future have more in mind of Jordan Collier... ;)

Seastallion
July 14th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Apparently, Tom will get engaged to a wheel-chair bound '4400', named Alana... :) Don't really know anything other than that... but I guess that is good for Tom. ;)