No announcement yet.

"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked it. TOTALLY derivative of derivative (Taken, anyone?) but as with much Sci-Fi on TV they've recombined the lettuce tomato and beans of the burrito and fried some cheese on it and gave us a nice enchilada. So I'm eating.

I love the sythesis itself, in a way. Maybe this is what we're destined for in mass Sci-Fi -- until someone comes along with a huge idea nobody ever thought of (I guess). But until then, I love the Close Encounters/V/X-Files/Body Snatchers/Fire in the Sky/Taken/what-have-you-mix and I'm looking forward to more (but not TOO much more! This story could get old pretty quickly.)

Definitely not the end of the story here. But a great set-up.

Comment

The show is kinda crappy. I thought it was slow and the stories werent written to their potential. I didnt really click with any of the characters either. I hope that when the series begins it will get better. You know its gonna get picked up.
      "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Like I said...six-hour commercial.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I was looking at each episode's length, its less then what shows are supposed to be, which is aroun 43-44 minutes, but the episodes only averages about 40 minutes each or just above that, including the, "previously on" part.
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I noticed that even skipping through the commercials, the episodes seemed shorter than the usual 42-45 minutes. Probably because of the long intros, but it did seem like a whole LOT of commercials.

BTW, the DVDs are apparently coming out in December.
            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
            once done, cannot be undone...
            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Maybe they'll be some yummy special features

I think all cable network shows are cut shorter than normal, but i read it was only for syndicated shows that are like repeats or something.

Comment

The 4400 is going to air in Australia next month (September) on Network Ten.

Comment

If you haven't watched from the internet Aussie people, i'm sure you'll enjoy the show I give the show myself 1 in a half thumbs up, hahah...

Comment

Yeah I've heard good things about this series as well... Looking forward to seeing it on TV here down under! But I don't think I did myself any favours by spoiling it when I read up on it at TV Tome.
                    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Even though you know whats going to happen, i think you'll enjoy the visual experience of the show, haha...

Comment

I liked everything but the last 5min of the 4400 =)

Comment

With the trees I didn't like it either, many things i just disliked, i shoud have thrown a drpepper can at them, haha...

Comment

From Variety (via Yahoo News)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._muscle_tussle

(An interesting article, but really long. Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Television - Variety

Giants in sci fi muscle tussle
                            Sun Sep 12, 5:17 AM ET
                            Denise Martin, STAFF

**Major snippity doo-dah**

By all accounts, a fresh batch of 13 episodes of "The 4400" will commence production in February in time for a summer launch.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
                            http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
                            http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

So they will start filming in Feb for a summer premiere?

I just hope its better then the 4400 Mini.
                              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Bah, thats so- long!

Comment

Working...
                                X