• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Region 1 DVD - Contest to win Season 1 Slim Line DVD

From DVD Active:

http://www.dvdactive.com/competition...-season-1.html

Win Stargate SG-1: Season 1 US - DVD R1

To celebrate the tenth anniversary of Stargate SG-1, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced the re-release of seasons one to eight in new slim-line packs that will hit store shelves on 13th June 2006. Totaling 175 episodes, this collection should be enough to keep every Stargate fan happy.

As a part of this announcement, Sony has kindly provided us with all eight seasons to give away to lucky readers of DVDActive. This is your chance to win a copy of Stargate SG-1: Season 1 on DVD - which is worth $49.96 - simply answers the question further down this page and enter the appropriate details. Here's a little about the series in case you don't already know:

"Starring Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver, General Hospital), Michael Shanks (Door To Door), Amanda Tapping (Life or Something Like It), Christopher Judge (Snow Dogs) and Don Davis (A League of Their Own), Stargate SG-1 is based on the hit 1994 film Stargate. Chronicling the adventures of the Stargate Command, the series follows the four members of SG-1 on their missions through an ancient "gate" to new worlds where they encounter fascinating and sometimes dangerous cultures.

"Created by Jonathan Glassner and Brad Wright (TV's "The Outer Limits"), Stargate SG-1 debuted on Showtime in 1997, later airing on The Sci-Fi Channel beginning with Season Six. Now in its 10th season, Stargate SG-1 is the longest running sci-fi series in television history and has been nominated for more than 71 awards, including eight Emmy® nominations.

"The Stargate SG-1: Seasons 1-8 DVD collection contains the complete episodes for each season and value added content including "The Directors’ Series" and "Beyond the Gate" featurettes. The commemorative collection will also feature sleek, innovative slim packs decorated with classic sci-fi themed art."

QUESTION

Read the question and select the correct answer.

Who plays Jack O'Neill?

Amanda Tapping
    Richard Dean Anderson
    Claudia Black

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

**MAJOR SNIPPAGE**

This competition will close immediately after 29th June 2006 0:00. A summary list of competition winners is available on request one month after the closing date of this competition. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Originally posted by morjana
    QUESTION

Read the question and select the correct answer.

Who plays Jack O'Neill?

Amanda Tapping
    Richard Dean Anderson
    Claudia Black
    That's the question? Or is it just an example.....

Comment

Nice

EDIT: Nice high quality picture
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
        That's the question? Or is it just an example.....

Tha's the question!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Pretty crappy question, eh. I would have asked something harder.
          sigpic

Comment

I think the contest is only giving away just Season 1 and not the entire collection of Seasons 1 thru 8.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
              I think the contest is only giving away just Season 1 and not the entire collection of Seasons 1 thru 8.
              They will be having a contest for all 8 seasons, but you're right, this particular contest is for season one:

"As a part of this announcement, Sony has kindly provided us with all eight seasons to give away to lucky readers of DVDActive. This is your chance to win a copy of Stargate SG-1: Season 1 on DVD - which is worth $49.96 -... "

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

http://www.dvdactive.com/competition...-season-1.html

Anyone know how to rig an internet contest? Maybe that way I wouldn't have to re-buy the 2 seasons I have

Comment

i have to buy 7 seasons again

Comment

Tha's the question!

Morjana
                    Well.....there's no excuse even for a non-fan to get that one wrong.

Comment

They will be having a contest for all 8 seasons, but you're right, this particular contest is for season one:

"As a part of this announcement, Sony has kindly provided us with all eight seasons to give away to lucky readers of DVDActive. This is your chance to win a copy of Stargate SG-1: Season 1 on DVD - which is worth $49.96 -... "

Morjana
                      Thanks for the clarification. Guess I need to practice those reading skills a little more.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkside84
                        i have to buy 7 seasons again
                        I own all 8 seasons available of SG-1. And there's no way I'm buying them all over again. The ones I have suit me just fine. Besides, I actually like the bigger-sized boxed sets.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                          Thanks for the clarification. Guess I need to practice those reading skills a little more.

Oh, no, you're very good! You caught that this particular contest was for season one only.

Between the two of us, we got most of it right!

Thank you again.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Yeah, I don't see any reason to re-buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
                              Yeah, I don't see any reason to re-buy them.
                              I'm glad I'm not the only one. Not that I don't want the newly released sets to do well, because I do. I'm just happy with the ones I currently have.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X