This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Ships

Is it just me, or does it look like the Ori ships have stargates in them? Maybe they are somehow connected to the power source of their shields/weapons

Originally posted by feintXIII
    Is it just me, or does it look like the Ori ships have stargates in them? Maybe they are somehow connected to the power source of their shields/weapons
    It's prolly just the powersource. They already have the supergate set up, which allows vessels to pass through, and they can just use the stargates to send troops around.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I'd say it's the power source. The first thing that came to mind when i saw it on the show was project acturas from stargate atlantis. Almost a more advanced more stable version of a zpm, seeing as how the Ori have 10,000 years on the ancients/alterans, that is if there are no unascended ancients around anywhere.

That or i can be a smartass about the whole thing and say it's there to make the ship look like one big tiolet
      And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Comment

power source, showoffs really, look at our glowing powersource

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
          power source, showoffs really, look at our glowing powersource
          C'mon, we'd do it too if our power-source looked as cool as theirs.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

heh 'Wooo, look at our big, glowing powersource! Don't mind the toilet bowl, though...'

Seriously, its pretty clear in my mind that it's a powersource of some kind, probably generating the energy for shields, weapons, and most over vital systems onboard the ori warship. It would be interesting to see if we discover how the ships operate and see all the internal coolness.

I can't wait for this season, and to get the Ori threat alittle more filled out

Capt

Comment

Originally posted by MiniHerc
              I'd say it's the power source. The first thing that came to mind when i saw it on the show was project acturas from stargate atlantis. Almost a more advanced more stable version of a zpm, seeing as how the Ori have 10,000 years on the ancients/alterans, that is if there are no unascended ancients around anywhere.

That or i can be a smartass about the whole thing and say it's there to make the ship look like one big tiolet
              i dont understand your last part of your 3rd sentance, forgive me if u were saying this but i doubt the ori are only 10000 years ahead of ancients in assension. i think the ori maybe close to a million years, because they were religious and probably meditated alot
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

he didnt say anything about the ori being 10,000 years ahead of ancients in acension. he said the ori had 10,000 years on the ancients as in the ori have had 10,000 years longer than the ancients. therefore they could have built a better power source and no unascended ancients as in there were still living ancients around to still work on their projects

Comment

It's also possible that these ships were built with Ascended know-how, as opposed to corporeal knowledge which has it's limits in figuring things out.

Figuring things out, as in those "new particles" with unpredictable (for a corporeal mind) properies... like in Trinity / Project Arcturus. Thats how they're able to stablize that Zero Point field... using Ascended know-how; whilst the unascended Ancients and McKay could not.
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

First of all thanks llama for helping me out there.

I think i should clear up any confusion from my last post. What i meant by "the ori have 10,000 years on the ancients" is that since the ancients left atlantis 10,000 years ago after losing the war to the wraith, from what we can tell there is no existing ancient/alteran civilisation anywhere that we have found. Therefore if the Ori and the ancients were at the same level of tech 10,000 years ago, there has been little to no advancement from them since then and the ori had all that time to find better ways of manufacturing/operating their tech. ... eg. a toilet seat power plant.

If i didn't make it clear enough let me know and i could try again

On the other hand if the virtual series stargate: destiny really does happen, which i'm hoping it does, it means theres a chance that the ancients/lantians/alterans are still out there in another galaxy thriving which i hope there are... Woop Woop!
                    And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Comment

There are a couple of things to find out first.

1) The Ori may have ascended before the antients (as in long before the ancients did 10,000 years ago) so their tech may not be that much newer.

2) the time it took the ancients ( i think they said it in ep.9.01 ) to go from their galaxy to earth was time the ori could have used to create new tech. chances are, the ancients were sleeping on the trip, or trying to make sure they could eat before they were finding new tech break throughs.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                        It's also possible that these ships were built with Ascended know-how, as opposed to corporeal knowledge which has it's limits in figuring things out.

Figuring things out, as in those "new particles" with unpredictable (for a corporeal mind) properies... like in Trinity / Project Arcturus. Thats how they're able to stablize that Zero Point field... using Ascended know-how; whilst the unascended Ancients and McKay could not.
                        I'm agree with you. As ascended beings, the Ori have a whole new understanding of the universe, and are capable to do things that we can't even dream.
                        The Stargate universe, a lovely place

Comment

Originally posted by feintXIII
                          WOW!!just had a cool thought.....What if the stargates in the front of them are connected to the ori galaxy and they send fighter ships through them when needed

Comment

doesnt seem like a gate, there is a distinct orb of white light inside of the rings, but possibly could be smaller stargates
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                            X