This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori's invasion and the other races of the Galaxy

Ok so the Ori have began their invasion after months of preaching Origen. I wonder if they are only interested in the planets with pre-industrial cultures, I mean I belive the ashen would have a hard time acepting origen. What happens when they come to the planet of the Nox, or any of the more advance human planets that have moved beyond religious beliefs and have an understanding of technology enough to know that the Priors aren't performing miracles.

Comments?

More allies for us.

Comment

The Ori may not even have thought of that - they keep their followers in their own galaxy trodden down so that they never develop technology.

However, most of the advanced races in the Milky Way aren't the "interefere" type - the Nox and Aschen would defend themselves, but that's it. The Lucian Alliance was accounted for in the last episode of season 9, and most of the others aren't advanced enough.

Comment

The Ori and the Priors are strong enough to deal with more advanced cultures. Look what they did to our forces in "Camelot." I'm sure they could deal with races like the Aschen, etc. It would just be a little more work for them, that's all.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Toresica
          the Nox would defend themselves
          The Nox wouldn't even defend themselves against the goa'uld, what makes you think they'll defend themselves against the ori. They are a pacifist race.

Originally posted by Toresica
          The Lucian Alliance was accounted for in the last episode of season 9
          Yeah, but only because tealc went and asked for some support.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

The Nox are technically not human, they might be ancients who rejected technology, but they are not human.

The other races that could fight back are the aliens from "Grace" and possibly the Fyrling if they are still about, or maybe the two which i have listed are actually one?

Comment

Well in relation to the Nox you must remember that they looked far more advanced then the Goa'uld. I mean the Goa'uld would probably be as effective against them as Earth would be if there was a fight. The Ori are a different thing though as they are an enemy that could be equal or greater then the Nox. Anyway in the end the Nox don't need to fight, they just disappear and deny the enemy the chance to battle.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The Ori story arc is interesting in that i can see only one way in which it can end, the same way it started.

THE UNIVERSE MUST ALWAYS BE BALANCED

If you use an ascended being killer to wipe out the Ori, then the Ancients must die also, you cant tip the scales.

OR, THE WHOLE GOOD / EVIL THING COULD JUST BE PROPAGANDA

There is no good or evil, and that means that killing the Ori creates absolutely no problems whatsoever.

But i can garauntee you one thing
                STARGATE WILL TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT!
                As killing the Ancients will effectively destroy Stargate Atlantis as well.

Talking on Atlantis, why are the Ori not on their way there, Daniel's Brain, Daniel's Brain, Daniel's Brain.

Comment

They could have created a Supergate, in both galaxies, simultaneously. But, I don't think, that the Ori will bother with non-humans, if they keep to themselves, stay out of the fight. The Jaffa, after all of the Goa'uld engineering, are still basically human, in appearance, demeanor, the way that they perceive things, so probably the only reason the Ori bothered with Gerak, in the first place. And, the Goa'uld, they still want to control, desire power, so the Ori will have to show them where they stand, in their grand agenda, nothing more than insects.

Comment

nox would most likely cloak and just say w.e lol

i wonder what would happen once they came across the Gadmeer

Talking on Atlantis, why are the Ori not on their way there, Daniel's Brain, Daniel's Brain, Daniel's Brain.
                    they have no interest in the pegasus galaxy because im sure the human population there pales in comparison to the pop of the milky way(the need more worshippers for more power) and they beleive the ancients are only in the milky way galaxy...

whoa, just typed the last part(quote and below) without even looking at the keyboard or monitor...

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

ori are interested in all the support they can get, but what the PG can offer isnt much now that the wraith ate just about everyone. maybe a few hundred per planet, maybe a million total all spread out.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

The ORI forces -vs- :

-the Gadmeer = crushed giant bugs
                        -the Goa'uld = it's their turn to bow down to their gods (the Ori)
                        -the Jaffa = fighting the Ori... and losing... like everyone else.
                        -the Aschen = time to replace that science book with the Book of Origin
                        -the Reetu = Priors and Ori tech can most likely spot them and kill them
                        -the Nox = cloaking most likely won't work against the Ori... meaning time will come when enough of them dies to join and *gasp* fight
                        -the Grace aliens = they had to shoot down Prometheus' missiles... doesn't display strength, only weakness (probably no shields)... so they're about as effective as the Ha'Taks
                        -the Foothold aliens = target practice for the Crusaders/Ori Warriors
                        -the Asgard = they ran for it... realizing they were basically fighting Ancient tech, and said "ahh... screw this!"
                        -the Serrakin/Herbidians = they will bow down or they shall be made unto dust
                        Last edited by Peoples_General; 11 June 2006, 04:02 AM.
                        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Working...
                        X