Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGM/NBC newsletters (mention of Carter crossover)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM/NBC newsletters (mention of Carter crossover)

MGM's latest newsletter said

Stargate Season Premieres Scheduled for July 14th!

The long wait is almost over! The new seasons of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis are set to premiere Friday, July 14th beginning at 9pm ET/PT! 'Stargate SG-1' embarks on its historic 10th season, becoming the longest-running sci-fi series on American television.

'Stargate Atlantis' enters into its 3rd season, with both new and familiar
    faces making guest appearances. Episode "McKay and Mrs. Miller," which will be airing in September, has David Hewlett and his real sister, Kate Hewlett, acting together in an episode where she plays Dr. McKay's sister, Jeanie. Amanda Tapping also makes a brief crossover appearance on this episode. Additionally, Richard Dean Anderson makes special guest appearances in a number of 'Stargate SG-1' and 'Stargate Atlantis' episodes.

With Battlestar Gallactica not retuning to the SCI FI Friday line-up until
    October, 'Stargate SG-1' moves to 9pm ET/PT, with 'Stargate Atlantis' following at 10pm ET/PT.

and an NBC newsletter said

Stargate SG-1/Stargate Atlantis
    The award-winning SCI FI Friday line- up of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate
    Atlantis continues to dominate the ratings, with SCI FI the most-watched network for the entire night. Stargate SG-1 is entering its 10th season, the
    longest-running genre show in U.S. history

Beginning at 9/8C

To verify - both SG1 and Atlantis are getting bumped back an hour, so SG1 is taking Atlantis's old timeslot and Atlantis is taking BSG's old timeslot? Anyone know what's going to show first, in SG1's old timeslot?

I wonder if the hour shift back is going to affect ratings, especially for Atlantis in that later spot and really late second run.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
      To verify - both SG1 and Atlantis are getting bumped back an hour, so SG1 is taking Atlantis's old timeslot and Atlantis is taking BSG's old timeslot? Anyone know what's going to show first, in SG1's old timeslot?

I wonder if the hour shift back is going to affect ratings, especially for Atlantis in that later spot and really late second run.
      As I recall, in the beginning, wasn't SGA at 10pm?? SG1 at 9pm? In a way, I don't mind as I sorta prefer ending the evening with SGA (the highlight, for me <G>) but marketing-wise, it's smarter to put the new show in front or else people might turn off the tube.

SG1 will be up against
      CBS - Close to Home
      NBC - Las Vegas
      ABC - Men in Trees

SGA will be up against
      CBS - Numbers
      NBC - Law & Order
      ABC - 20/20

Oh, the 8pm slot will be
      July 16 - Science of Stargate (1 hr)
      July 21 - Eureka (repeat of pilot?)
      July 30 - Nightstalker (new)

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        As I recall, in the beginning, wasn't SGA at 10pm?? SG1 at 9pm? In a way, I don't mind as I sorta prefer ending the evening with SGA (the highlight, for me <G>) but marketing-wise, it's smarter to put the new show in front or else people might turn off the tube.
        yep it was, SG-1 9pm and SGA at 10pm, ah those were good times.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm sure both SG-1 and SGA will do just fine in their new timeslots.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh, that's way to far back for me to remember. Were they doing that second, later showing back then too, or was that only when BSG was stuck on the end spot? And I agree that it's a smart programming decision for the new show, but back when it was announced that BSG was being held back until Oct. people speculated that Dr. Who would be the replacement. From the looks of the July lineup, that doesn't appear to be the case. Oh well, guess I'll be starting my SciFi Friday viewings one hour later, which certainly works for my schedule.

Comment

SG1 will be up against
              CBS - Close to Home
              NBC - Las Vegas
              ABC - Men in Trees

SGA will be up against
              CBS - Numbers
              NBC - Law & Order
              ABC - 20/20
              That's not necessarily the schedule in July. "Men in Trees" doesn't debut until the Fall when SG1/Atlantis go into reruns. The major nets will either run reruns or slot in a Summer replacement show.

Assuming BSG is slotted for 10PM, it will have to compete with the 10PM network lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                I was hoping we would get more "Dr. Who".

Oh well, now I can go out for dinner on Fridays and make it back before SG1 starts!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                  That's not necessarily the schedule in July. "Men in Trees" doesn't debut until the Fall when SG1/Atlantis go into reruns. The major nets will either run reruns or slot in a Summer replacement show.

Assuming BSG is slotted for 10PM, it will have to compete with the 10PM network lineup.
                  Ah yes, you're right. I was thinking about the Fall slots. Lord knows what kind of reality dreck the networks will dish up for summer fare! But BSG will have to compete with brand-new network fare, unless the networks shuffle their schedules again....

Comment

Ah yes, you're right. I was thinking about the Fall slots. Lord knows what kind of reality dreck the networks will dish up for summer fare! But BSG will have to compete with brand-new network fare, unless the networks shuffle their schedules again....
                    Last July, the network schedules were almost completely reruns and newsmagazines. Stargate SG1 debuted against '8 Simple Rules' (R), 'Hope and Faith' (R), 60 Minutes (R), Dateline-Fri., the movies "Undercover Brother" and "Novocaine", 'What I Like About You' (R), 'Blue Collar TV' (R).

It was a much easier schedule to compete against than they subsequently had in the following January.

Comment

Working...
                    X