Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ah I hope Atlanteans/Ori arent a StarTrek Insurrection moment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah I hope Atlanteans/Ori arent a StarTrek Insurrection moment!

I hope the ori and atlanteans arent a star trek insurrection moment. Where the two enemies are actually the same race, but they split up b/c of a family feud. Ala the Orii are the children who rebelled, and was thrown out of heaven into some kind of hell. And the atlanteans are the parents.

Well, they are the same race, so, I'm not sure what yuo're getting at...

Comment

They did split up because of a feud didnt they?, religion and science.
      Matthew
      Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

Wow - here was me thinking it had been recognised for a LONG time that they were one race...silly me
        Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Uhm as people have said all those elements are there...only thing being different is that the Ori arnt children of the Alterans just the same race so not sure what you are getting at.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
            I hope the ori and atlanteans arent a star trek insurrection moment. Where the two enemies are actually the same race, but they split up b/c of a family feud. Ala the Orii are the children who rebelled, and was thrown out of heaven into some kind of hell. And the atlanteans are the parents.
            Nah, there more like a Vorlon -vs- Shadow moment (Babylon 5).

Or if you want something more down to earth...

China -vs- Taiwan
            Same group of people, different political ideologies.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
              Nah, there more like a Vorlon -vs- Shadow moment (Babylon 5).

Or if you want something more down to earth...

China -vs- Taiwan
              Same group of people, different political ideologies.
              That's a pretty good way of putting it.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Or possibly, Northern Ireland & the Republic of Ireland...

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                  Or possibly, Northern Ireland & the Republic of Ireland...
                  Yeah but there isn't really a conflict between the two states, it's more like Northern Ireland and England, or North Korea and South Korea
                  "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
                    Yeah but there isn't really a conflict between the two states, it's more like Northern Ireland and England, or North Korea and South Korea
                    The IRA?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                      The IRA?
                      They were against the British Army, not Eire. IRA = Irish Republican Army. They were in support of a unified Ireland (or so they claimed), not to divide it.
                      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
                        They were against the British Army, not Eire. IRA = Irish Republican Army. They were in support of a unified Ireland (or so they claimed), not to divide it.
                        Ahhh yes.... i was confused, I thought that the IRA were Republican & wanted Northern Ireland to Unify with them, they weren't they were from Ireland as a whole.... although they did terrorise Nortern Ireland.

Comment

Working...
                        X