This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1, Atlantis WERE CANCELLED in Australia..Not any Longer

Stargate SG-1, Atlantis and BSG CANCELLED, in Australia, SOOOO not fair both networks airing the shows just pulled the plug and are not going to take them back up so us people in Australia will have to get the box sets that will soon be available

Stargate SG-1 Season 9 Box Set: Release Date 14th of June (Virgin Music, Ezy DVD)
    Battlestar Galactica Season 2 Box Set: Release Date 14th of June (Virgin Music, Ezy DVD)
    Stargate Atlantis Season 2 Box Set : TBD
    Stargate Atlantis Season 3 Box Set: TBD

TBD: To Be Determined

Happened in New Zealand too about half way through season 7. There are... other ways to get the episodes until you can purchase the DVD box sets
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane
      Stargate SG-1, Atlantis and BSG CANCELLED, in Australia, SOOOO not fair both networks airing the shows just pulled the plug and are not going to take them back up so us people in Australia will have to get the box sets that will soon be available

Stargate SG-1 Season 9 Box Set: Release Date 14th of June (Virgin Music, Ezy DVD)
      Battlestar Galactica Season 2 Box Set: Release Date 14th of June (Virgin Music, Ezy DVD)
      Stargate Atlantis Season 2 Box Set : TBD
      Stargate Atlantis Season 3 Box Set: TBD

TBD: To Be Determined
      Where did you get this from? The last I heard Channel 7 was screening SG-1 this year... yes I am Australian.

Don't care about BSG never watched it and it is on Channel 10 anyway which I don't get... but Channel 7?

Well where did you hear this?

Yes I know we all know about the boxsets being released there is already a thread for that but it doesn't automatically equate to cancelled.

Comment

*read thread title and thought the shows themselves had been cancelled*

dont scare me like that!

its a shame the its not shown properly in your neck of the woods maybe we should all help you campaign LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
          Where did you get this from? The last I heard Channel 7 was screening SG-1 this year... yes I am Australian.

Don't care about BSG never watched it and it is on Channel 10 anyway which I don't get... but Channel 7?

Well where did you hear this?

Yes I know we all know about the boxsets being released there is already a thread for that but it doesn't automatically equate to cancelled.
          i got this from a major supplier of DVD's and movies i was inquiring about the dvd release dates and AFTER she told me that Channel 7 and 10 have decided not to pick these shows up and being owned by Virgin's head office they get told whether or not a show has been cancelled and guess what SG-1 has been gone quite a bit longer than 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
            Happened in New Zealand too about half way through season 7. There are... other ways to get the episodes until you can purchase the DVD box sets
            i know about the "other" ways but they aren't working any longer something to do with lawsuits

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane
              i got this from a major supplier of DVD's and movies i was inquiring about the dvd release dates and AFTER she told me that Channel 7 and 10 have decided not to pick these shows up and being owned by Virgin's head office they get told whether or not a show has been cancelled and guess what SG-1 has been gone quite a bit longer than 6 months
              Soooo basically this is an unconfirmed rumour?

You do know that Channel 7 has already said it brought the rights to season 9 and season 2 of SG-1/SGA? Why would they buy them then not even show them? I can understand not wanting to show them at a decent time but it seems an odd business decision to spend the money and not show them at all... and we all know how much Channel 7 is a business.

Until I hear it from them this is rumour.

Oh and yeah the title, not really a smart move, peeps get easily upset around here.

Comment

Please change the title of the thread. It's very misleading. You should mention "in Australia".

Comment

Channel 7 have earmarked airing of Season 9 from July 29... Sooo, it will be airing in Australia, as will Atlantis likely when season 9 has ended.

As for BSG, look for it in summer most likely.

Your DVD company/individual within company, is giving you false information, since they are not privy to why things are getting released (or rarely so), only that they are. Although, it is a good story, but totally 100% unsubstantiated.

I would personally hazzard a guess that this worker came to this conclusion, but not that they had any evidence of it in any way.
                  Last edited by Deevil; 05 June 2006, 03:37 AM.
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Ok...nearly had a coronary!!! Spoke to channel 7 about a week ago and they told me they were definitely putting it back on but they wouldn't say when. Damn...don't scare me like that...it's not funny! Thanks Deevil for your info...that sounds great if it's coming on in July - how did you find that out??
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I called Seven/talked to someone I know that works there, and it appears someone had also gotten similar information from Seven on the board (can't remember where I read it). So 2 people getting the same info is a great thing.

Having it earmarked means it will air sometime in the near future... that's a good thing.
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Yes it is a good thing and sounds more logical than it not being aired. I was told by channel 7 that SGA will be aired first because it finished filming before SG1. I don't know why but that's what they told me - although that was months ago!! So fingers crossed we'll being watching SG1 season 9 in about a month or so. I just ordered season 9 from ezydvd. A bit strange that they're releasing it so soon - before it gets to air on tv that is to say. I always assumed that they had to wait til it aired on the tv before they released it on dvd. Could be wrong but I should be getting the dvd's in August.
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

My bet is the MGM Australia is releasing the DVD's on their schedule, rather then waiting for TV to air them... And yup, I'm getting the DVD's in August too, aswell as BSG and The 4400...

Fandom costs a lot.

As for their airing schedule, they like to change it around. My bet is they have had more enquiries about SG-1 then Atlantis...

Comment

Yeah...I'm one of them who likes to hassle them a bit!!!!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I tend to hassle aswell, despite the fact I have seen the whole season... But hey, there are people out there that want to watch it aswell .

Comment

Working...
                              X