This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entertainment Weekly 'reviews' Season 10

From the Summer TV Special '06 (June 9th)

Just some relevant snippets: CONTAINS SPOILERS

So what's kept fans coming back? "I really think of this show as a comedy,"
    reveals (Brad) Wright... The yuks keep coming: SPOILERS
    Spoiler:
    This season's premiere practically plays like an SNL skit - one series of scenes has SG-1 members portrayed by marriotte puppets as they flash back to alternate realities. "There's been a number of Wizard of Oz" references over the years," says Robert Cooper. "We have a sequence that pays tribute."
    END SPOILERS

The in-joke should please fans, who can be a contentious bunch. One hotly
    debated topic: whether Carter and Maj. Gen O'Neill should meld minds. "It's a
    huge issue," says Tapping. "I don't want to be just pining away for the lead
    guy." Anderson agrees: "I think there's something sort of rewarding about them maintaining the friendship and the comradeship."

The rest is available in the magazine. AOL subscribers can probably view it at keyword EW.

I don't think the reviewer took very accurate notes, considering she's referring to the episode "200" as the season opener.... And 'meld minds?" Geez, never heard sex referred to as melding minds

Nice, I'm going to the store to get this
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
      Nice, I'm going to the store to get this
      Oh yes, it's full page (page 62) with this photo

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        Nice!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

That's a beautiful pic!!! But but but i really want to see Claudia in some magazines or interview...something?

Comment

Well, THAT'S a pleasant surprise for the show to get a full page with great picture frow EW.

Thanks for the head's up. I hadn't read my mail and there it was.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
              Well, THAT'S a pleasant surprise for the show to get a full page with great picture frow EW.

Thanks for the head's up. I hadn't read my mail and there it was.
              Would have been nice if SGA had gotten more than a brief mention, but then Sony, etc. is pushing the "we're the longest lasting scifi show ever!" (much to the dismay of Dr. Who fans who know better) Anyway, the article is well, a mishmash of misinformation, but the picture is worth looking at

Oh, and the latest Scifi magazine has ads for season 3 SGA and Season 10 SG1. And guess wht? They're so cheap now that they're using last year's photos. Geez.... of course, since NBC just bought a FULL page color ad in Variety for BSG, guess they have to cut corners somewhere (insert snark).

Comment

Oh yes, it's full page (page 62) with this photo

Wow, that is one beautiful woman!!

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
                  Uh, sorry, I was too busy staring at Ben Browder

Comment

Uh, sorry, I was too busy staring at Ben Browder
                    Ben who?

Comment

Geez.... of course, since NBC just bought a FULL page color ad in Variety for BSG, guess they have to cut corners somewhere (insert snark).
                      I presume that's an Emmy ad. NBC considers BSG having a good chance and they own the show.

Where's Sony's money for Emmy ads?

Comment

I presume that's an Emmy ad. NBC considers BSG having a good chance and they own the show.

Where's Sony's money for Emmy ads?
                        Yes, Emmy ad. FRONT PAGE DVD insert for BSG (so now we know where ALL their advertising $$$ went) and a full page color ad for BSG, as well as other NBC/Universal shows.

Scifi had ads for the new seasons of SG in the latest Scifi magazine issue - using last year's pictures. Cheap cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
                          Indeed she is. Amanda Tapping just has so much going for her - she's beautiful and a great actress.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yes, Emmy ad. FRONT PAGE DVD insert for BSG (so now we know where ALL their advertising $$$ went) and a full page color ad for BSG, as well as other NBC/Universal shows.
                            Very cool. I hope it works in BSG's case. The show is really good.

I ask again, "why do you think Sony is not doing the same for the Stargates?"

(I have a pretty good idea, but don't want to say it.)

Comment

Very cool. I hope it works in BSG's case. The show is really good.

I ask again, "why do you think Sony is not doing the same for the Stargates?"

(I have a pretty good idea, but don't want to say it.)
                              Well, I'll say it. BSG is Scifi's golden child now. Stargate is getting long in the tooth, so to speak. It's sturdy, but it's not getting the critical acclaim that BSG has garnered (although I have yet to fathom why, but anyway)... if they get an Emmy, they can try to parlay it into more BSG spinoffs (they've already got one planned). I think the Stargates can still be reliable entertainment, and they do well in syndication and sales. Shows like BSG which follow much longer arcs historically do NOT do as well in syndication. Sales, sure, but syndication might be tougher. Just like Desperate Housewives is the rage (yawn), it's CSI that is winning where it counts - in syndication. DH will die in syndie.

However, as for Entertainment Weekly, I sub for the pretty pictures, as they're not the most accurate in their news reporting.. but then, it's entertainment, so it doesn't really matter then, does it? ...

Oh yes, might also add that SciFi seems to be skimping on ads for Stargates - I mean, using last year's images for this year's ads? Cheap cheap cheap (did I say that already? <G>) Perhaps Scifi thinks SG is sturdy enough it doesn't need advertising, but I think it's also a case of the aforementioned budgetary concerns.... they DID get an Emmy nod for SGA's theme music (the one they axed in the first half of season two), but I don't recall seeing any trade ads for that.
                              Last edited by prion; 04 June 2006, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X