X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi Wire: SG-1's Shanks Talks Romance

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=36404

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

12:00 AM, 02-JUNE-06

SG-1's Shanks Talks Romance

**snippage**

"In order to justify Vala there in a regular capacity this season, we've had to tone that down a little bit," Shanks said in an interview, referring to the characters' sexual tension. "We're doing a lot of balancing right now. We're trying to find the fun of it, and we're trying to find the push-pull in a more practical, kind of friendship situation. There's an episode where Daniel and Vala go out to dinner to talk about her personal growth, so to speak, and there's all the innuendo and misconception that can happen in that kind of situation."

**snippage**

—Ian Spelling

©2006, SCI FI

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Please no

Comment

I have no doubt of MS/CB acting abilities, but really wary of what the writers will write about their relationship
      sigpic
      sig.by : lilferret

Comment

*sigh*
        sigpic

Comment

It sounds intriguing to me.

Comment

I'm a big Vala fan, but they can't have her jumping Daniel all the time, so I see the need to tone her down a bit. But not too much, I hope!

Also keep hearing rumors of Daniel/Vala or Cam/Vala. I could go either way with that (or Vala/no one), but I hope TPTB make a decision right away, and stick with it.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              I'm a big Vala fan, but they can't have her jumping Daniel all the time, so I see the need to tone her down a bit. But not too much, I hope!

Also keep hearing rumors of Daniel/Vala or Cam/Vala. I could go either way with that (or Vala/no one), but I hope TPTB make a decision right away, and stick with it.
              I like what Michael Shanks has to say in this interview about the progression of the dynamics between Daniel and Vala. It sounds like the writers and the actors have a good handle on the situation.

Besides, shipping Vala with any of the regular male characters on SG-1 might be somewhat of a moot point right now.

Spoiler:

As of the spoilers for episode 12 of season ten, 'Bounty', Vala is still married to her husband Tomin. She rebuffs the advances of Darrell, Mitchell's old high school buddy, by saying she is married. I can't see Daniel or Cameron crossing the lines of someone's marriage vows, especially if Vala still considers herself in a valid marriage.

Marla
              ______
              Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Married or not, I just want one little kiss, one Vala moment of vulnerability that Daniel just can't resist. Nothing more. That's it. Maybe a bit of awkwardness they work thru. That's all...

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                  Married or not, I just want one little kiss, one Vala moment of vulnerability that Daniel just can't resist. Nothing more. That's it. Maybe a bit of awkwardness they work thru. That's all...
                  Ohh I 2nd that!! That'd be really awesome. at least that. cuz jeeez daniel must have some tension or something after all these years of his...umm..aloneness? hah. poor guy.
                  Can a hearse driver drive a corpse in the car pool lane? Hahaha.

Comment

Sha're who?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                      Sha're who?
                      I'm just checking into say I love your "spoiler". I was so bummed about all that!

Comment

I'm just checking into say I love your "spoiler". I was so bummed about all that!
                        Worst death in TV history for one of the greatest TV characters ever. Don't even get me started.
                        Last edited by GatetheWay; 02 June 2006, 09:43 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure

Agree

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                              Worst death in TV history for one of the greatest TV characters ever. Don't even get me started.
                              LOL! I agree! One of my favorite characters (just see how she rocks in season 3) and I was so disappointed that it was done so quickly and unceremoniously. Realistic, but also quite disapointing from a viewer's perspective.

BTW, if you're a fan of that character, there's a great essay about her on a site that discusses women in television.

http://thehathorlegacy.info/24-learning-from-mistakes/

There's also a very interesting essay about Carter and Vala. I'm not sure I agree with it 100% but the writer does make some interesting observations.

ETA: At least he got some ceremony and some lingering stuff. She didn't. But it was a bad thing either way.

Comment

Working...
                              X