X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10.12: "Bounty" Spoilers/Discussion

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=570

"Cameron Mitchell goes to his high school reunion in Kansas, accompanied by Vala Mal Doran. What Mitchell doesn’t don’t know is that he’s been tracked to the event by a humanoid, alien bounty hunter who wants to use Mitchell as bait for a bigger prize."

Well, to start with, the premise sounds a bit like 'Uninvited,' although I hope it's not because 'Uninvited' sounds so much cooler.

Anyway, I don't like this too much. It's just a boring concept, but that's possibly due to the fact that because of the spoilers and knowledge of the characters, I could probably write the episode myself before it comes back, and actually be pretty darn close to the real thing. And it's that level of predictability that I find boring - but this is the first time that's happenned to me in recent StarGate history, so, maybe they'll surprise me.

Well, this one feels like it's going to rank up there with 'Memento Mori' for me, and episode that had a much cooler name than plot. Ah, well.

Comment

they should at least have used Aris Boch, instead of introducing yet another bounty hunter who'll probably get killed by the end of the episode

Comment

What really interesting about this epidsode is that again the producers are letting aliens get earth and run around. Now this all ting will cause a media storm and how the hell they going to hide the use of the alien weapon. I got the feeling they will to come up with a other cover story, Carter goes on tv tell the media is a experimental weapon desighn or somthing like probably.

Comment

Then again, they'll introdude Amy Vandenberg, a woman Mitchell already mentioned in a romance context in "Ripple Effect".
          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
            http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=570

"Cameron Mitchell goes to his high school reunion in Kansas, accompanied by Vala Mal Doran. What Mitchell doesn’t don’t know is that he’s been tracked to the event by a humanoid, alien bounty hunter who wants to use Mitchell as bait for a bigger prize."
            I love spoilers! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Urgh...far be it for me to say something like this as I love SG1 and have been defending it from the bashers for the last couple of years but this sounds like a bad bit of fan fiction :/

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                Then again, they'll introdude Amy Vandenberg, a woman Mitchell already mentioned in a romance context in "Ripple Effect".
                Ah yes, let's turn Mitchell into the SG1 "Babe Magnet" so that SG1 has its own Shep Kirk.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  Ah yes, let's turn Mitchell into the SG1 "Babe Magnet" so that SG1 has its own Shep Kirk.

You mean Mitchell ISN'T a babe magnet... (goes off to re-watch Mitchell to wonder why he wouldn't be a babe magnet).

Actually, if he is such a babe magnet, he wouldn't have to date a co-worker he doesn't like too much and admit to a girl he knew almost 20 years ago that he had a "crush" on her.

Anyway, I don't see what the fuss is about. Daniel seems to get his fair share of female attention, even getting "frelled" into submission by Hathor way back in season 1. ("frelled", meaning rhymes with truck, starts with F...you get my drift)

Comment

You wil have to excuse me -- I am laughing so hard (and not from joy) that I cannot even think straight to make a cogent post right now. Soemone has to tell us that this IS indeed a joke - right?

Comment

I have nothing to add about these new spoilers but

Originally posted by esoap524
                      Anyway, I don't see what the fuss is about. Daniel seems to get his fair share of female attention, even getting "frelled" into submission by Hathor way back in season 1. ("frelled", meaning rhymes with truck, starts with F...you get my drift)
                      The difference now is that a) what was the odd occasion over 6-8 years is now happily combined into one season, and b) most of the time it didn't involve the characters choice but relied on the old staple of "alien influence".

I think after a year of having Farscape actors on Stargate we all get what frell means (especially since most of us are past the age of getting into an R/18 rated film). Although, t'weren't hardly difficult in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                        I have nothing to add about these new spoilers but

The difference now is that a) what was the odd occasion over 6-8 years is now happily combined into one season, and b) most of the time it didn't involve the characters choice but relied on the old staple of "alien influence".

I think after a year of having Farscape actors on Stargate we all get what frell means (especially since most of us are past the age of getting into an R/18 rated film). Although, t'weren't hardly difficult in the first place.
                        We've seen one "babe magnet" incident in season 9--Collateral Damage, and Mitchell sure paid for that one.

We have a spoiler that purports that he'll confess to a crush on a former high school classmate, not vice versa. This leads me to ask why people see Mitch as a "babe magnet." He's a good looking guy, he's not a bad guy, despite what people may say about his SG1 leadership. He comes across as honest and decent and honorable. I think the average woman would find him interesting and attractive.

My point is --why all the "oh, is he the 'babe magnet' now" griping? As I said before, a "babe magnet" guy with an active social life wouldn't have to squire a woman he doesn't know that well or like that much to a high school reunion.

And I'm sure there's a very good reason ( ) he couldn't ask Sam.

I'm happy to know that I'll no longer have to define frell. Or frak, as that seems to speak for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                          We've seen one "babe magnet" incident in season 9--Collateral Damage, and Mitchell sure paid for that one.

We have a spoiler that purports that he'll confess to a crush on a former high school classmate, not vice versa. This leads me to ask why people see Mitch as a "babe magnet." He's a good looking guy, he's not a bad guy, despite what people may say about his SG1 leadership. He comes across as honest and decent and honorable. I think the average woman would find him interesting and attractive.

My point is --why all the "oh, is he the 'babe magnet' now" griping? As I said before, a "babe magnet" guy with an active social life wouldn't have to squire a woman he doesn't know that well or like that much to a high school reunion.

And I'm sure there's a very good reason ( ) he couldn't ask Sam.
                          Who knows? Maybe, because for quite a few people his character is not deep enough to avoid the simple tags? **shrug**
                          I'm happy to know that I'll no longer have to define frell. Or frak, as that seems to speak for itself.
                          I'm surprised you ever have to explain it at all.
                          But obviously my "vocabulary" is a little more extensive than other peoples.

Comment

You know, this is only the second time he'll ever have done something like this, so it's not too big a deal. Besides, it's not like it's entirely out-of-whack, being that he knew the girl before - but what get's me the most is that I've seen fanfiction on topics like this, and I'm going to feel like they just plucked it off of FF.net and produced it.
                            Has anyone noticed, though, that the only times Mitchell's ever gone and had a little romance in the show, it's been the twelvthe episode of the season?

Comment

Why do most of the s10 spoilers and rumors sound like they came straight from fanfic? My wariness toward this season increases each time I read one...

Comment

Working...
                              X